Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

So what has your F-body been mistaken for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So what has your F-body been mistaken for?

I ask that question because my camaro has been mistaken for a few things. All good things that is. I drove past young kids playing in the middle of a back road and they were all saying nice Ferrari. I know thats just coming from kids, but thats cool to hear. At car shows, people have called my car a James Bond car. Some people say its has a futuristic look to it. Once i even went to a car show and people didn't recognize it as a camaro at first from afar. I mean thats what people have told me. I like hearing good feedback like the rest. I should hopefully get a chance to post some pics of it tomorrow or very soon. Its a bright rally red 98 z28 with black accents and rims just so you know. So what have people said about your cars? I am interested to know. Whether good or bad feedback.

The point of this post is just to say how good it feels to have your baby complimented. We all put money into our cars, and by the end of the day, it gives you that good feeling to say, Boy i love my car.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:44 AM
TECH Regular

i usually will tell people about it....and then when they finally see it there like oh u have that kind of camaro....maybe its just my area but when u say u have a camaro around here...everyone thinks 3rd gen .
Old 02-22-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

one time i was over at my friends apartment.We were outside on an upstairs balcony that she shared with the next door neighbor.We were smoking when her pretty attractive mid 20's neighbor came out.We sat out there for a few minutes and she looked down and saw my 99 torch red trans am non ram air and she says "dude, whos kickin the ferrari!?" i was so proud but i let her know it was a pontiac
Old 02-22-2006, 05:08 AM
TECH Regular

I hear nice camaro or nice vette, after I correct them they say ''oh at least its a GM''.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Launching!

In elementary school this kid kept calling my mom's car a camaro. I wanted to beat him up.
This isn't really mistaken for but a lot of people call my car the batmobile.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:08 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With halo's I get mistake for a BMW at night time...plus I have to be out of earshot as well.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mostly a Camaro..
Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Always a Camaro, sometimes a Corvette, and rarely a Ferrari.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:15 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I pulled into a car show a back in July of 2004. There was a lady at the entrance who told me that "the Corvettes were all parking together up by the building". I politely mentioned that my car wasn't a Corvette, and that it was a Firebird. She was so embarrassed that I almost felt bad for politely correcting her.

Back in June of 2001, my car got mistaken for a "Silver Camaro". Someone had backed into my car at our local meat market while I was inside shopping, and they were nice enough to come inside and find who owned the car. One of the employees began walking around the store asking for who owned the silver Camaro. Immediately I assumed the worse....but in the end it was fixed without any trouble. That was the first and so far the last time it's ever been mistaken for a Camaro.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

The day I brought mine home my mom looked out the window and said "I like it, is it a Mustang?" Not really a compliment but it was pretty funny.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Formula-T/A
I hear nice camaro or nice vette, after I correct them they say ''oh at least its a GM''.
Same here, though after I correct them they usually just say "oh"...
Old 02-22-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone thought my car was Jesus himself, they got really excited then i had to break the news to them "thats not Christ, thats just my car, and no you cant touch it"

some people
Old 02-22-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I went to pick my girlfriend up from work one time and a black guy that works there says "Yo!! Yo boyfriend has a corvette?? Dat's phat yo!!" I laughed and said, yea, it's a poor man's corvette. He scratched his head and then went inside. Most of the time people think it's a 'vette.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Younger kids call my 89 the Batmobile. Most old people just don't know what the f*ck it is.

The TA hasn't been confused yet. But does it ever get under your skin when somebody calls a Formula or a Trans Am just a Firebird. Same for Camaro. When somebody leaves out the Z28 or SS they are leaving out vital information. Wish people would get this right.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, when I had my silver trans am, seems like everytime I went to a gas station and went inside to pay they would look up and go is that you in the gray car. I dont know why, but that bugged the **** out of me lol. So who else has had their color downgraded by convenience store attendants?

My red car gets alot of the camaro and vette comments like above. One high school kid told me my stealth was awesome That was probably the strangest, most obscure one I have gotten to date from any of my cars.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Some asshat called my Camaro a Trans AM before, I guess the big embossed "Camaro" letters on the rear valence wasnt enough to tip him off.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

I have had my 1994 teal Camaro called a cavalier....

When I went to the DMV after getting my Trans Am the lady working looked out the window and said "HEY A FIREBIRD!!!" in a really loud and excited tone. That was just weird.

I have had my TA it mistaken for a Corvette a few times.

I had just detailed my car and it was sitting on some gravel which if anyone knows white gravel reflects off chrome wheels and looks sick. lol. Anyway it was behind the booth I used and some lady came by and said I had a nice Ferrari. : ) : )

And as I was typing this my brother just told me that an old lady called my car a Sunfire right before I put it away for the winter. : (
Old 02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some dumbass working at wendys by my school (honestly couldnt tell if it was a guy or a girl) said nice camaro, I was like uhh its a firebird, he/she was like oh yea same thing! AHH! wtf

And my friends always call it a Trans Am just to mess with me and see if I will correct them
Old 02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camaroextra
someone thought my car was Jesus himself, they got really excited then i had to break the news to them "thats not Christ, thats just my car, and no you cant touch it"

some people
Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Camaro and Corvette... if they say Firebird, I point out it's a Trans Am

Quick Reply: So what has your F-body been mistaken for?