Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

*best* option for TA HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *best* option for TA HIDs

ok so there are a few options out there for HIDs for a ta, but most seem sorta shady and i dont wana be out a couple hundred dollars with non-working HIDs. what do people think the best option for a full HID conversion kit (for a trans am), im talkin low-high-and fog lights. not really too trusting of ebay but i hear many people have had luck. is there a complete kit out there that definatly works? some out there that require modification? i see a few threads pop up here and there but no real info is in them.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well do you have an LS1 or LT1 bird? No matter what if you want HIDs in both your High and Low beam along with your fogs it going to cost you major bucks. If you ahve an LT1 you can get H466 H4 housings from racinglabs, and an H4 Hid kit with High/Low capability. If you have an LS1 you can get a housing for your headlamps from eurolamps and get the proper HID bulb for that housing. I have HID fogs and it cost me $450 for everything. Most HID kits are $300+, housings $50 plus, so no matter what you are gonna have to spend some major bucks! I just ordered Bosch E46 ECE Projectors and going to fabricate a housing for them and use a 3000k HID kit from blinglights.com to complete my HID setup. I do not need high beams as their are no inspections in florida and with HID Fogs and low beam I will not really need a high beam!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 188 Likes on 142 Posts

Here is a post I made a while back with links to threads with plenty of info on installing HID in Firebirds:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/452033-trans-am-headlight-replacement-options.html

There is also a link there on how to make your own sealed-beam conversion units.

EDIT:
Changed the link.

Last edited by VIP1; 02-28-2006 at 11:19 PM.