Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mr. Clean Auto Dry. Junk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you guys think this thing is really worth it?
Old 03-26-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I used mine a couple of days ago for the first time. My car had been down a long gravel driveway and got a little dusty, then it got a small shower on it. I was in a big hurry, so I didn't even touch the car with a sponge, just out of curiousity to see what it'd do. I was really suprised, less that 10 minutes and the car looked pretty decent, considering I just sprayed it off and that was it.

Like it was said before, I don't think that there is any replacement for hand washing, but if you're short on time, this seems to work pretty.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I detail cars for a living and i say JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JonB
I also have one. It does work as advertised but it just does't leave any shine to the paint. The car looks dull and dingy after a wash not sure why but I feel like it would take my zanio right off the car. I could go and do a full zanioing with 3-4 coats and it would look amazing then after 1-2 washes with the mr.clean it looked like ****. With using the zanio soap its been atleast 3 months since the last time i applied it and probably at least 12 washes and it still looks great. I do think I will start using it for the filtration on the final rinse to reduce water spots.
Yea i noticed the same thing on my car...It just seemed like after 1 or 2 washes with the Mr.Clean all my wax was gone, no water would bead up on my car after a rain, and the dirt that was on there did not wash off as easy as it once did before. It's these reasons why i dont use it on my car anymore. I would say hands down, one of the best things i have tried on my car is Eagle One Wax as you Dry. I just wash my car, rinse it off, spray the wax as you dry on there, dry it off...and im done. I just tried the new turtle wax stuff today..the ICE or w/e its called, i can honestly say that i'm pretty impressed with this stuff...It has produced a better shine than just about anything else i've tried on my car. I would definately recommend it.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've heard alot of good things about that turtle wax ICE so far.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:52 AM
11 Second Club

are you guys just spraying the soap on and rinsing it off? YOu gotta actually take a mitt to the car to get the dirty off. So I guess in other words, just use it for its no-touch dry capabilities and you wont be disappointed.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah...it's not just a spray on spray off deal. You still need a mitt and a bucket to wash it with! You just don't need to dry it with the filtered water.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Launching!

i have had mine for a while and i like it. the water does pool in my spoiler though so i hand dry that and some other spot it will leak out of but all in all definately makes it easier and saves time.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wash my car with normal car soap, I just use the rinse feature, works GREAT! their soap is crappy and it drips from the gun- dont use it.

olly
Old 03-29-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just soaped and rinsed the other day to see how it would work b/c I was curious if it would work, and it did pretty good. Not going to do it again, but just wanted to see how it would do.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Well this thread made me decide to go dig up my AutoDry I bought back when they first came out.

Just got done washing the car, I agree with RaNsOm, this thing is a time saver and actually works.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

I seriously love it. When I wash and dry my car by hand I always get the streak marks on my back bumper...its even worse because my car is black. The auto dry doesnt leave any streaks on my bumper.

Btw...My wax still lasts quite awhile using the auto dry.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

I think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

It saves a TON of time (and makes things easier)!

I Don't get Water Spots (Which I ALWAYS used to get)!

I always use Quick Detail Wax (NXT or whatever) after it has dried some and it comes out as beautiful as ever every time!

Just my humble opinion......
Old 03-31-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1mongrel
I hand wash mine and use the filtered water to final rinse !
I agree. Funny I bought mine like 3 years ago when it came out and never opened the package figuring it probably didn't work well and regretting I bought it. Well now JUST TODAY, 3 years later, sick of the water spots on my black Z which are real bad with my water, I thought it couldn't hurt and might help some. Well I was wrong, it didn't help some, it dried without a spot!!! It works wayyyy better than I expected. I will use it every wash from now on. By the way, I hand washed as I always do, then put the mr clean on the hose, soaped, then rinsed. PERFECT RESULTS!!! A must have. It actually worked so well, I came onto LS1TECH.COM just to post how well this thing works yay!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

3 years and you never even TRIED it?!?!?! That's nuts! Water spots on my black car were the whole reason for trying it for me!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I only had this car one year now and haven't driven it since last year, my truck rarely even gets washed, and my previous car was white. Plus, I expected it to not make much difference.

By the way, I can't speak for what it does to the finish or wax over time, just that it eliminated 100% of the water spots. For someone to say it's junk, I wonder what that's based on. Reminds me of my boss, another engineer, anything that wasn't his idea is a bad idea and he won't even listen to or consider the ideas. I can't imagine why anyone would say this is junk.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Auto Dry. Junk?