Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

HOOD MIRRORS - any interest???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Id be interested based on price. Any idea on price to fit the Suncoast WS6 hood?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-05-2006, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS 2
stainless steel will be heavier, cost more, hold heat, and need to be repolished over the years (not often but will need to be)
no thanks ill keep my current "cheap acrylic" ones

however i love it when people come up with new products. congrats to a fellow do it yourselfer!
what are you cutting the Stainless with? what programs u using to do layouts?

when are pics of the SS kit gonna be up. i may be interested in a partial kit as im too lazy to finish making the patterns for the 6 outer spots

oo i would also be VERY interested in a stainless ECU cover. that would be SO easy for you to make to. just a rectangle with 3 90* bends

heres a pic of my stainless radiator support...
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4346/ct63sn.jpg
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9893/ct77bo.jpg

btw sorry if i came off as an *** in the first paragraph, i was just offended at the bashing of the arcylic stuff ive spent so much time laying out/making. u may want to take out the acrylic bashing, as many of your future customers will probly already have other acruclic products, and would probly turn them away from you and your new business (me included)
im anxious to see your stuff. and will probly be a customer
I'm just stating a fact. Stainless steel will last forever, acrylic (plastic) will not. Acrylic will turn yellow, get foggy, and breakdown. As I stated earlier, the weight will not be a problem in this application.

The only reason I have to speak up about acrylic is because there is a certain someone who blatantly copied some of my products and made them out of an inferior product and tried to undercut me - he did a poor job because I still sell mine regularly. Plus his items are inaccurate, fall off of cars, and are just all around bad quality.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

price for them for a suncoast ws6 hood?

Old 04-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

Pm sent.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

diito to what he said, I would be interested.

Originally Posted by j99fbody
i would be very interested depending on price.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I asked a "?" on page one, and still don't have an answer...we know about the "other guy" from the other threads...lets keep it on track here..
Old 04-05-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

I might be interested in the SS ones depending on price.

Also, I would DEFINITELY want a temporary fastener, like velcro, as was mentioned previously.

I wouldn't want those things on while I'm cutting a 1.5 60ft at the track!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think if you could make a mirrored stainless steel front bird emblem out of this newer more flexible material you could sell about 2 million of them!

I'll buy one today if you want to make me one.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
I'm just stating a fact. Stainless steel will last forever, acrylic (plastic) will not. Acrylic will turn yellow, get foggy, and breakdown. As I stated earlier, the weight will not be a problem in this application.

The only reason I have to speak up about acrylic is because there is a certain someone who blatantly copied some of my products and made them out of an inferior product and tried to undercut me - he did a poor job because I still sell mine regularly. Plus his items are inaccurate, fall off of cars, and are just all around bad quality.

here are mine. they are 4 years old.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2368/ct80yc.jpg
i will gladly send you the high res so you can waste your time looking for "turn yellow, get foggy, and breakdown"
cause it aint happening

well i do not know to who your are refereing too, as i have made all my own acrylic stuff. however i would recomend bashing him, not acrylic. it is a great product.
and u say wieght wont be a problem, but did not admit that it WILL be heavier than the acrylic counter part. nice dodge there as well as the other advatages of acrylic (cost, wieght, heat soak, etc)

also if you could answer these questions...

what are you cutting the Stainless with? what programs u using to do layouts? waterjet/cnc cad program? or bandsaw/cardboard templates, etc?

when are pics of the SS kit gonna be up. i may be interested in a partial kit as im too lazy to finish making the patterns for the 6 outer spots

oo i would also be VERY interested in a stainless ECU cover. that would be SO easy for you to make to. just a rectangle with 3 90* bends

agian bashing never makes a great sales pitch. turns people away. pitch your product, not bash the compition. we will buy the better product and i plan on being one of those that buy yours.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RollTideTA
I think if you could make a mirrored stainless steel front bird emblem out of this newer more flexible material you could sell about 2 million of them!

I'll buy one today if you want to make me one.
Good news! I already have them designed, and they will be cut. Many people asked for them, so we are making them. They should be available within a month.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I still would like to know a price here for hood mirrors?

Old 04-05-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Good news! I already have them designed, and they will be cut. Many people asked for them, so we are making them. They should be available within a month.

YOU DA MAN
Old 04-05-2006, 03:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS 2
here are mine. they are 4 years old.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2368/ct80yc.jpg
i will gladly send you the high res so you can waste your time looking for "turn yellow, get foggy, and breakdown"
cause it aint happening

well i do not know to who your are refereing too, as i have made all my own acrylic stuff. however i would recomend bashing him, not acrylic. it is a great product.
and u say wieght wont be a problem, but did not admit that it WILL be heavier than the acrylic counter part. nice dodge there as well as the other advatages of acrylic (cost, wieght, heat soak, etc)

also if you could answer these questions...

what are you cutting the Stainless with? what programs u using to do layouts? waterjet/cnc cad program? or bandsaw/cardboard templates, etc?

agian bashing never makes a great sales pitch. turns people away. pitch your product, not bash the compition. we will buy the better product and i plan on being one of those that buy yours.
1 - Give that acrylic some time. I guarantee that stainless will last longer. This is not questionable. Some headlights look fine after 4 years, and others do not. Same thing with acrylic - it DOES breakdown with time and weather.

2 - Unless your name rhymes with "sinner", then you are not whom I referred to.

3 - anyone with a brain knows that steel is heavier than plastic. Should I have to state the obvious? I am not dodging anything here - I'm as straight-up as you'll find. I said that the 18GA is lighter than what I currently use, which is a 16GA.

4 - There are absolutely no advantages to acrylic (plastic) over stainless steel, in my eyes. Why spend thousands of dollars on your nice car and then be cheap and put inferior acrylic on your car when a much better option, stainless steel, is available for a little bit more - not exponentially more. If you think cost makes something better because it is cheaper, then you are dead wrong.

5 - All of my products are laser cut. The programs that I use to get them drawn and finally cut are for my knowledge only - it makes no matter to the purchaser what programs are used. Also, my products are more accurate and a better fit than any other items I have seen. We have our own ways of getting precise and exact measurements, and I am not going to disclose them - that is one of my products perks - a superior fit and finish.

5 - I may get into doing PCM covers down the road. I am progressing step by step.

I am not doubting that acrylic will work for these applications - I am just saying that there is a better material for the same application. Stainless steel will look 100 times better than acrylic. When I get a complete set, I will post pics. Car show judges will like these much better than acrylic because the finish is on the surface - not behind a 1/8" thick piece of plastic.

Have you ever seen acrylic emblems? Have you ever seen them from a side view? They look hideous; this is because they are clear plastic with an extremely thin layer of color on the back - the whole surface does not show the color. Most of the pics you see of acrylic are straight on pictures - to me this is deceiving and an illusion to the actual product. Polished stainless steel has a reflective finish from absolutely every possible viewing angle - this is impossible to achieve with acrylic.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Ya I asked a "?" on page one, and still don't have an answer...we know about the "other guy" from the other threads...lets keep it on track here..
Keeping it on track - the answer to your question is possibly. I will need to get ahold of a Firehawk hood first. I am pretty sure that I can get one, but I want to do the more common hoods first.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Superman09
I still would like to know a price here for hood mirrors?
I'll let you guys know as soon as I know. Maybe around $200-$250 for a complete set of mirrored stainless hood mirrors depending on which hood. Some take a lot of material, others not so much. Do not hold me to that price. Once I get a set of these on a car, I promise that jaws will drop - these will be the most beautiful hood-mirrors around.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by D_Run
Intersted...

I´ve had the acrylic but after a couple of month they started to look bad... maybe they couldn´t take the heat?
Preach on, brother! INFERIOR.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

cant wait!
im really intrested in a hood kit. but mostly in the ECU cover. if i did the R&R time and sent u a cad drawing (or just a print out) with dimensions, lenghts, widths, bend locations, angles, and hole locations would that help or speed up the process? (obviously right now hood mirrors are top priority, but once those are out)

im anxious to see all the new show stuff yall come up with!

btw i agree with your last paragraph, acrylic logos/ badges do look like *** lol.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Yeah, i'd buy mirrors for an SS hood. Gotta get some money first though
Old 04-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Banned

Sounds good sign me up. I've been looking into getting the acrylic mirrors but now i think i'll wait. Send me a line when you get them.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Launching!

I used to live in Streamwood/Schaumburg for 13 years. I take a trip back up north every now and then
Well than we could set something up sometime if you wanted and you could get some patterns off my hood when you come up.

Quick Reply: HOOD MIRRORS - any interest???