Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Critique my SS hood w/ Manta & ghost flames

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006 | 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

The flames just look out of place and cheesy on the car. Decent idea with the color and such, but wasn't pulled off right because the flame itself just looks cartoonish.

The first question in my mind was: "If he stated to the painter that he just wanted the hood pewter with a gloss black scoop, why did the guy take the liberty to put flames (that weren't asked for) on the hood?!" Seriously, if I walk into Subway and tell the guy that I want a footlong Italian sandwich with cheese and lettuce, I don't want him saying, "Oh, I added jalapenos, mustard, and pickles to it because I felt like it." You're paying him, so he should do exactly what you tell him to. I'd take it back and tell him to strip that scoop down before repainting it only black.
Old 04-11-2006 | 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Well first to answer why he did it????
The guy does some "nice" custom airbrush work, should see some of the custom bikes he's done.
After I droped my car off at his shop I was searching around for pics of ghost flames on camaros and didn't really find but a few (the whole front flamed) and I thought they looked good. Then I mentioned it in a conversation but I figured it would be too much so I didn't ask. When I picked it up he told me he added a little touch at no charge cause he knew I wanted something custom (and he knew I wanted those flames / Just not every damn color of the rainbow).
But hell, for $400 they added fiberglass to it, fitted it which included smoothing and adjusting it, painted it with the manta.... AND I'm even going back in a week so he can buff it out, add support braces (I have to pay $10 for the material), and smoke my tail lights. (hmmm.....I wonder what else I need done while I'm at it).
So yeah, I'd say he's trying to get his name out there!!
Old 04-11-2006 | 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
I like the Manta but not the flames.
+1...
Old 04-11-2006 | 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

keep manta, dump the flames, or just ghost them in pewter.
Old 04-11-2006 | 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
or just ghost them in pewter.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.... I'll update pics when it gets done.

Thanks everyone

Quick Reply: Critique my SS hood w/ Manta & ghost flames