Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Couple questions in same post - Front Bird vinyl, black "curb guard" under front end

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions in same post - Front Bird vinyl, black "curb guard" under front end

Thought I would just post both of these in the same thread.
1. I put my black overlays on this weekend, but I was thinking of doing a two-tone for the front bird. I already have the black in the center, so what color would look good for the outer feathers?

2. Is there any reason why I shouldn't remove the black plastic "curb guard" under the front bumper? It's very visible from the sides since I'm still at stock ride height. Thanks
Old 04-10-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

#1 Silver

#2 If you're talking about the black plastic piece that bolts on under the car right below the radiator & all the way across - then NO, don't remove it. It is the Air Dam - catches air and directs it up across the radiator. If you remove it, the car will run hot.

-Jay-
Old 04-10-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jimmyd02

2. Is there any reason why I shouldn't remove the black plastic "curb guard" under the front bumper? It's very visible from the sides since I'm still at stock ride height. Thanks

Definatley dont take that thing off, unless you want a new ls1.. that thing is designed to bring some air up into the radiator since our cars dont have a grill opening to allow flow through.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
#1 Silver

#2 If you're talking about the black plastic piece that bolts on under the car right below the radiator & all the way across - then NO, don't remove it. It is the Air Dam - catches air and directs it up across the radiator. If you remove it, the car will run hot.

-Jay-
Old 04-11-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
x2
Old 04-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Ok, so I see why the air deflector is there now. So silver is the best choice for feather color? Anyone have any pics? I was thinking of chrome but I heard the chrome vinyls don't last very long.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Well, here is Red/Silver combo on a Black car - best I can do!

If you notice I did the body in solid Silver and the wings outlined in Red. IMO doing part of the bird in chrome would make that portion stand way out over the rest of the bird and kinda mute the other color.

-Jay-
Old 04-11-2006, 02:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

here is black and charcoal on pewter
Old 04-11-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have chrome vinyl on the front of mine and i really like it. I have only had it about 6 months though and you do have to replace chrome vinyl more often than regular vinyl. I'm getting a front bird from DragonZ28 made out of polished stainless steel!

Here is a pic of my chrome vinyl as it is now though. The angle really catches the reflection of the sky when driving

Old 04-11-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Now doing the entire bird in chrome or polished SS I like!

I just think that if you are going to have part of the decal chrome - and the other part in a regular vinyl - the chrome would overpower the regular vinyl and make it much less noticeable - the chrome would draw your eye.

Course that may be what you want...

Quick Reply: Couple questions in same post - Front Bird vinyl, black "curb guard" under front end