Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Tinting my windshield.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks 'camaro 305. I get confused with the percentages. I thought 5% was the lightest as i put in my previous post. My windshield will be def not be as dark as all around windows. Tints are badass, as well as an obstruction. But for someone willing to compromise, I'm glad you kept your setup.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

let me break this down for you retard..... you said.. "If you are going to post how illegal that is; don't bother, I don't care. If i did, I wouldn't have tinted my windows to begin with.

Is this a good idea?? It would probably cost me 50 bucks, and I know someone who does awesome work. Window tinters have a tool they use to cut the edges, but that leaves a gap, and this guy does great work freehand.

He limo tinted the sides and back for 180 bucks and let me drink all his beer while I waited **So you drank and drive... another smart one on your part**. The tints look great, but I can't see at night. I usually drive with the windows down for this reason, but it's worth it when it's parked. **So are you gonna just kick out your windshield at night CAUSE YOU CANT ROLL IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!**
Anyway, the guy that does it has been pulled over quite a few times and no mention of the tinted windshield, (because who the hell does that anyway, right?) **Couldnt of said it better myself... CAUSE no one... other then you... and dude... IS ******* STUPID!**
It would be a one peice, and you won't see a seam above the rear view mirror, and of course, very lightly tinted.

Would you guys do it, if it made your t/a look nicer?? **This whole idea just sounds rice to me.... sell your T/A to a good home, and get a civic atleast you can tint that and wreck and I wont care** "
Old 04-11-2006, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

I've also thought about tinting mine, if you tint it around 35% you most likely not have any problems at all seeing out of it at night
Old 04-11-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've seen an s10 with 5 on sides and back and it was either 40 or 45 on the windshield, you can only notice it if you look hard for it, personally i like my 6" strip more mainly b/c it is visible (BTW, mines 5 on sides/back and the 6" is 5 also and a hardtop)

Old 04-11-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is the first mod my buddy does to all of his cars. It is really not that noticable & makes driving in the sunlight much better. He has never been questioned about it. His sides are normally 20-30%, w/shield 35%...It is less dangerous than the way most people drive. I have no problem jumping behind the wheel of his cars/trucks at night.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FlawLS1 what is your percent 35% or what?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

Nice ride flawless, you can't tell it's tinted, and it reflects most of the light.
This is what i'm going for, and appreciate input from someone that actually has theirs done.

Damn, if you're car didn't have white wheel wells, you couldn't see it at night without a searchlight.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=SIK02SS]i've seen an s10 with 5 on sides and back and it was either 40 or 45 on the windshield, you can only notice it if you look hard for it, personally i like my 6" strip more mainly b/c it is visible (BTW, mines 5 on sides/back and the 6" is 5 also and a hardtop)

Off topic, but what springs did you drop your car with? The stance is badass
Old 04-11-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

ssquid, you belong at the bottom of the sea.
You ******* post *****, if this post doesn't pertain to you then gfy.
Maybe you think your t/a is good enough with a hood and some wheels. Fu

You assume i was drunk when I drove out of there, being 200 pounds, I can drink 5 and still be under the legal limit. It meant that I know the guy and trust his work.

If you could read, you'd know that the windshield is not going to be as dark as the sides.
Thanks to everyone that posted their pics, they look awesome and definitely convince me to the same.

And a big **** YOU goes out to all the haters. SSquid.

Last edited by LawmanSS; 04-12-2006 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Threat removed.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

I have a 10% tint on driver, passenger, and rear window... nothing on the windshield. With a black car and tint that dark all around it automatically makes the windshield look darker. With my windows up my freinds say they normally cant see me through the windsheild anyway. I dont think you even need the front tint, it already looks damn dark! By the way, i have already spent $284 on tint tickets, didnt even get a fix it!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

BTW, just remembered i also have the "strip" around my windshield... which will makeit look a lot darker
Old 04-12-2006, 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TryingT/A
Sunglasses are dark tinted.

Unless your blind, you won't have a problem seeing through 5% tint.

Joke all you want, but until you've seen it, that's all that you can do.

You four-eyed people aside, this is not common among fbodies and wanted contructive criticm.
Yes, I will ******* see at night. It's people not being able to see inside the car that i'm interested in.
are you joking? seriously i can see out my windows (they are all tinted 5%) but i wouldn't want my front windshield that dark no way in hell. 35% (the legal limit for front two windows in missouri) would be what i would go w/ if i was going to tint my windshield. but i'm deffintly happy w/ my 5% brow keeps the sun outta my eyes and the car gets pretty dark w/ the covers on the tops and the windows up even during the day.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

wow, you guys have some serious ignorance issues going on in this thread.

anyway, the first owner of my car put 35% tint on the front windshield and ~20% on the sides and back - i have NEVER had a single problem with seeing out of my car at night, even on the darkest night going down roads without street lights.

pics in sig.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah guys come on... this is getting a little blown over. I the guys that are getting a little too worked up about this need to take a breather, For XxxXTransAmXxX and Trying T/A, thanks for the nice words. I have 35% on the front winshield. I have NO issues whatsoever with the tint in any conditions.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

You should be fine with 50% or 35%.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryingT/A

You assume i was drunk when I drove out of there, being 200 pounds, I can drink 5 and still be under the legal limit.
I've seen 300 lb tanks that are slobering drunk after 5 drinks....
ANYWAY..Looks wise? sure, I think it looks good...Silvers car is a good example, But when people say "you cant even notice" my line of thinking is, then why bother if you cant notice one way or the other? If its not that noticeable, you probly wont have an issue with being pulled over, but you open yourself up to liability if you are involved in an accident, even if its someone elses fault, "tinted windshield".....will be dollars in someone elses bank.
But yeah, it looks good.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

yeah exactly... you hit someone... or something... they look over your car and see you have tint on the windshield... your done... you lose... no matter what think about that one... and the 200lb.... 5 drinks... under legal limit.. doubt it...
Old 04-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Launching!

I got 5% on my sides and back and 35% on the front, and i have perfect vision. And i see better out of my winshield at night then i did my other one. i concentrate more on the road instead of all the other crap going on. It looks sweet and helps out a ton, day or night. I would recommend going 35% on the front and you will love it no matter what everyone else says about not being able to see. 35% is legal for a reason... cause you can see out of it fine.... Do it and if you dont like it then it was just 50 bucks no biggie, but i think you will like it.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

And for the record, I dont recall ever saying my car was better then anyone elses?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRU-2GM
I got 5% on my sides and back and 35% on the front, and i have perfect vision. And i see better out of my winshield at night then i did my other one. i concentrate more on the road instead of all the other crap going on. It looks sweet and helps out a ton, day or night. I would recommend going 35% on the front and you will love it no matter what everyone else says about not being able to see. 35% is legal for a reason... cause you can see out of it fine.... Do it and if you dont like it then it was just 50 bucks no biggie, but i think you will like it.
seeing your car in life at the mwsns cruise was pure sex and i say that it does make the car look so much better w/ the front tinted.

Quick Reply: Tinting my windshield.