Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Tinting my windshield.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allright, i have my envelopes ready and i'm addressing all the haters in this thread! first off, i've tinted many windshields both 35% and 50%. it is not very hard to see at night with these shades. and when i put HID's in my SS, it made it that much easier. my buddy had an equinox that was limo tinted all around. it was really hard for him to see around in traffic because of the lights from other cars coming through the windshield and reflecting on the inside of the truck, making it hard to see. a nice 35% on the windshield fixed that.

as far as F-Body's go...don't let the haters get to you, they just don't know what it's like. and as far as tickets, most cops never even know to check the windshield. there's only 1 cop in my town that has caught onto tinted windshields and he gave up on giving me tickets because i would just pull it off in front of him, and then i'de retint it at work that day. $50 is cheap for a windshield, we charge $100 at my work and sometimes more for cars like F-bodys cause their so damn huge...anyways, here's my SS 5% on the hatch 15% on the sides and 35% on the windshield. and just about every one of my friends have their windshields tinted and i've done a ton for customers at my work. speculating ******** just don't know what they're talking about. sorry for the short novel because people bitching about tinted windshields don't know what they're talking about.

hell my daily driver beater Ranger has the windshield tinted.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my daily driver Honda Accord tinted all the way around. 5% on all of the windows at 35% on the windshield. It took a little while to get used too it.....especially during the 1st couple of days because you could see little minute ripples in the tint due to the heat shrinking. After a few days when the tint dries its a lot better.

The only problem I have had with the tint is that since its the Solar Guard metallic film, depending on the day it'll reflect a mirror image of my interior on the passenger and driver's side windows around the side view mirror area. I have no trouble viewing things at night even on the country-bumpkin back roads. You have to legally
blind if you can't see through 35% tint at night.

I also had my sister's miata tinted with 5% all the way around and 35% on the front windshield and it made a WORLD of a difference in reflecting heat and it looks completely bad ***.

The main reason I got the windows tinted was that my sister and I do a lot of driving for leisure and for work.... we were both getting cooked. We both got pulled over for the tint but my ticket was for the side windows and the cop was being a dick about it. I had my other cop friend sign off on it and it was $10.00. My sister got pulled over for the front windshield because she was in a high profile area of Hollywood and the female cop was a bitch. Same deal.... got my buddy to sign off on it $10.00 to be protected from being cooked is well worth it.

The Camaro is currently 5% all the way around and once its up and running I plan on having the front tinted 35% also.

For all the people complaining out there... don't knock it till you try it.

-B
Old 12-20-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

i would if it was just like 60%-80% tint but no further

Last edited by Zangel; 12-20-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

I have a friend with the winshield tinted in his GTO. I really liked the way it cut down on the head light glare. I don't think it affected the overall visibility, but we're not sure how dark it is, as it was like this when he got it.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
i would if it was just like 60%-80% tint but no further, it starts looking mexican and rediculous to drive at night
the lightest tint we carry at my work is 50% and i've yet to see a lighter tint then that. with 50% you can't even tell it's there. the only time you CAN is when it rains out and it's kind of over cast and instead of your windows having a greenish cast, they'll have a dark "tint" look with 50% other then that it does little if anything.....
Old 12-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Launching!

I tinted mine 35%...then added a tint drop across the top part. I love it! I get in other cars and Idk how ppl can see. I can see fine at night. All the ppl that think its so bad are crazy.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would do it. maybe like 50%. I have 35% on my doors and I dont think I would want that same darkness on my windshield. Seems too dark. But tinitng the windshield is not all that crzy like some people are saying. It would definately cut back on headlight glare(which us guys in low *** f-bodies certainly have problems with). I would do 50% if I was crzy enough to do it in NJ. Its illegal to have any tint at all let alone have it on the damn windshield.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

The stupidest thing I saw was a Caddy CTS that had Limo on the front windshield.... thats 5%!

-B
Old 12-22-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blown383
The stupidest thing I saw was a Caddy CTS that had Limo on the front windshield.... thats 5%!

-B
I can understand 35%, but 5%.... how the hell would one drive at night like that?

Quick Reply: Tinting my windshield.