Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Would you like for your car to look like a 2002 Dick Harrell Camaro?
Hell yes!
80.30%
No, that would be ripping off the design of the Dick Harrell supercar.
19.70%
Voters: 396. You may not vote on this poll

Would you like for your car to look like a Dick Harrell Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally like the look of the DH camaro. I wouldn't mind owning one and since I don't have 100K I'll settle for a quality kit that isn't gonna look cheap.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dustin
OH!!! For you convertible camaros, we have it made! Not only are there not any Dick Harrel convertibles so we wouldnt look like his cars, but the whole rear panel would be easy as hell for me to make since ours bolt right on, they arent fiberglassed to the cars like the t-top/hard top cars. Now I have to get a rolling chassis t-top or hard top.

you know, i don't like verts, but I think this body setup would look SICK as **** with the top down.

Do we know how wide his front tires are? Because I keep thinking this would look like *** with skinnies up front, unless he's using wider front axles or something to put the tires flush with the panels like they are.

I would buy this **** in a heartbeat.

+ I noticed you're in colorado, good stuff, I'm in the denver area, but if you ever do get this going let me know, I'll help out anyway I can O_O

Last edited by Vax; 07-01-2006 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Saying the rear spoiler and cowl hood is tacky or ricey is saying every z28 built from 67-81 is tacky and ricey. And that would be one very bold and controversial statement. IMO the spoiler and hood are Z28.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 81z/28
Saying the rear spoiler and cowl hood is tacky or ricey is saying every z28 built from 67-81 is tacky and ricey.
Let me stop you right there. Maybe that's true in your opinion, but certainly not in everyones. This thread was about old parts on new cars and there is a difference.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

I would buy it, w/o the rear spoiler though. I like the SS spoiler. Noticeable but not overdone. This is just my opinion.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Let me stop you right there. Maybe that's true in your opinion, but certainly not in everyones. This thread was about old parts on new cars and there is a difference.

They arn't old parts though. The spoiler and hood on dick harrel car was designed to flow with 4th gen lines. My point was it's the concept or idea of z28 thats been around since the start.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Man, I don't know what your getting at, but that remark about the older car being ricey or tacky doesn't make sense. You can like the old, but not like these or vice versa. You can't link the two together. That's just insulting.

I voted yes, as I like it. I like the older cars as well.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

i would like to have me a DH car ... they are badass looking rides
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

i like the wide body style. but anyone trying to play there car off as a D.H. should buy a honda. why stop there, why not put SS badges on a v6.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think you can have the flared fenders, hood and spoiler without any DH badging and have a cool ride, but I'm sure someone would jump up and down screaming "Ooooo, you a poser!"

Screw them.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JasonWW
I think you can have the flared fenders, hood and spoiler without any DH badging and have a cool ride, but I'm sure someone would jump up and down screaming "Ooooo, you a poser!"

Screw them.
I could see that happening as well..
Old 07-17-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

*sigh* Well i guess nobody is gonna tackle this project then
Old 07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Banned

To hell with DH cars, do your own thing and make it unique.

Matt Murphy has all but worn out every Camaro idea there is for his GMMG company to do. A bodystyle thats been around for 8 years since the redesign in 98 is not going to just keep evolving and looking better. It's gotta stop somewhere, and I think this is the high water mark it will settle at. Let the DH cars have their glory, 'cause its gonna be a short and miserable one.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

speedchicken ahd my respect for standing upto a *** like firehawk. been thinkin it for a while, had to say it. and cammed beast is a *** for saying he would be pissed if someone co;ied the look of his uber expensive car. hey cam ***...... i'll make a photo copy of your car and drive it every day and there aint a damn thing you can do about it. if you dont like it .......then shut up. now go ahead you whinning brats and ban me for having an opinoin and being a free thinker. cause we all know thats a bad thing boys and girls.

moderators feelings of people with opions not like theirs
Old 07-17-2006, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

You're the *** for posting that crap. Get a life and do your own thing if you like free thinking then don't copy someone else's car.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by leonpiper69
now go ahead you whinning brats and ban me for having an opinoin and being a free thinker.
If you get banned it will be because you have violated the forum rules, which you have.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I want to know who this jerk-off is.

I'm a member of 3 sites. Excuse me for showing a picture of my car! What have you done in your 40 posts and 0 trader rating to help people? You seem like a jealous little ***** to say those things when you have no idea what I stand for in the LS1 community.

You obviously don't know what kind of horsepower my engine makes eighter. You just put something worse than your foot in your mouth.

HP, with a TT. No way that you makin anything over 250 at the wheels. HEHE. Just Playin, Your car is F'in sweet and everyone knows it. Oh and thanks for the tips on POLISHING THINGS ON MY MOTOR. I will be sure to ***** my baby out to when I finish all my work. HEHE

Quick Reply: Would you like for your car to look like a Dick Harrell Camaro?