Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Clear T/A tail light housings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was actually really afraid I was gonna get get rear ended during the day because my brake lights were just 2 barely visible red dots in there. A custom LED setup would be sweet though.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

yeah.
but can you tell me how i get the tail lights clear.

thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Teching In

It's easy, get some LT1 tails, pry apart the sealant that connects both sides together. Take the red and white reflector out. And all you are left with is the grid tail and the basing, which is silver in color. Remember to seal them back up after you take the reflector out...

IMO, if you have a black car, don't do it. It won't blend in at all! Ask me how I know...

The problem wasn't even the light being bright enough. I put LEDs in that were plenty bright, but the back of the car stuck out like a sore thumb. So I kept the reflectors out, kept LED's in, painted the silver on the inside to gloss black, VHT'ed the outside and now I'm much happier with the appearance (pardon the crappy rainy day pics)

I'm sure if my car were silver or white, that I'd do some type of "clear" theme throughout the entire car and it would probably look badass.

Quick Reply: Clear T/A tail light housings?