Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Do you want you car Lowered?
Yes, I want my car slammed!
63.90%
No, I want stock height so I don't bottom out.
36.10%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Someone explain how you drive around in lowered fbody???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Eibach Pro kit WITH Slp lt's. I stay away from speed bumps and steep driveways. Roads are decent in Cali where I live. It's not hard at all...It amazes me that some people are scratching and rubbing parts of their stock ride height F-bodies. If the speed bumps or drive looks like a death trap...stay away or figure out another way to get there. If I were to move to Vegas..then I would have to sell my car..speed bumps and driveway inclines are total death!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would LOVE to lower my car, but I'm affraid of bottoming out everywhere, cause I know I would.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol back from the dead
Old 06-27-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally, I wouldn't lower a daily driver. I did see a stock ride height 2001 Camaro SS with some big *** 17 x 11 out back with some skinnies up front and it looked sick. It looked like a real muscle car.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

I would have never done it when I lived in Cleveland becasue the roads are like PAs. Crap! Now that I am down South, there are no potholes, cracking streets are rare, etc. Just all around smoother. The unknown hits are what I was scared of. Everything else I am prepared for such as hills, curbs, etc. If I hit it, it is my fault.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

i had mine lowered with sportlines, then put on slp lt and the slp cats (did not know of ls1tech at the time would have got a diffrent setup). bad mistake when the car was put down off the lift there was only maybe one inch between the gound and the cats. when i got home i couldnt get down the driveway i got stuck, u know it is bad when u have to use the gas to go down hill. after a week or so of haveing to plan my routes ahead of time i decided to put the stockers back on. one day i will be slamed back to the ground if i get a new setup or air ride, because the car handled so much better slamed, and it looked bad a$$. man i wish it was still slammed.

Last edited by raptorws6; 06-30-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duffman
or you could get air suspension

my 91 Rs was lowered 2". this time, i'm going with airride technologies.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

proper suspension is the key to driving a lowered car. Shocks shocks shocks
Old 06-28-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RollTideTA
proper suspension is the key to driving a lowered car. Shocks shocks shocks

I daily drive my car. I'm lowered with Hotchkis springs and Koni SA's on all 4's. It's perfect. I have no problems what so ever. Even with speed bumps. (That will change when I go full exhaust later this summer)
Old 06-29-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

it's simple you just don't drive around like you own a truck
Old 06-29-2006, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

But my truck is lowered! My Camaro's not ....yet.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned

I won't drive a truck anymore. So the 4X4 option is out. My DD is stock exhaust with Sportlines and I only hit speedbumps that most normal cars will hit too.

Also, it handles better to avoid running into jackasses on the freeway. It literally has saved my *** a couple times already.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Some of you guys are such babies. My car is lowered almost 2'' and it changes absolutely nothing about how functional it is. It has scraped like 2 times in a year. Go over speed bumps slowly and don't hit curbs- it's that simple. If you want 10'' of ground clearance, get a Hummer. If you want a bad looking car, lower your fbody. In fact, I have rarely seen in my life where a lowered car didn't look significantly better than it's stock counterpart. These cars are sports cars and shouldn't have a 7'' gap between the tire and fender. I have lowered every car I have ever owned from a 93 Rx7 to a 66 Lincoln. I can not stress enough that you all need to stop being wimps and spend a couple texas dollars on a mod that EVERYBODY will notice and compliment you on money well spent. That's my $.02 and then some for people who buy sports cars and complain about the harsh ride or needing to go at an angle up a steep driveway. Have you ever seen a race car sitting 10'' off the ground? No. Are most show cars lowered? Yes. Am I going to get torn apart for this response? Yes. Lower, lower, lower as much as practicality dictates.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by whatbrown
Some of you guys are such babies. My car is lowered almost 2'' and it changes absolutely nothing about how functional it is. It has scraped like 2 times in a year. Go over speed bumps slowly and don't hit curbs- it's that simple. If you want 10'' of ground clearance, get a Hummer. If you want a bad looking car, lower your fbody. In fact, I have rarely seen in my life where a lowered car didn't look significantly better than it's stock counterpart. These cars are sports cars and shouldn't have a 7'' gap between the tire and fender. I have lowered every car I have ever owned from a 93 Rx7 to a 66 Lincoln. I can not stress enough that you all need to stop being wimps and spend a couple texas dollars on a mod that EVERYBODY will notice and compliment you on money well spent. That's my $.02 and then some for people who buy sports cars and complain about the harsh ride or needing to go at an angle up a steep driveway. Have you ever seen a race car sitting 10'' off the ground? No. Are most show cars lowered? Yes. Am I going to get torn apart for this response? Yes. Lower, lower, lower as much as practicality dictates.
I would drop it if Michigan didn't have shitty roads. I have scraped plenty of times on stock height.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by _JB_
I would drop it if Michigan didn't have shitty roads. I have scraped plenty of times on stock height.
What are you scraping and where? I'm in MI and the only thing I scrape is the lower airdam when going in and out of screwed up steep driveways at stock height. I have never scraped anywhere else. I'm going to lower my car when I get money to get some good shocks or maybe go air ride.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Pro-Kit, B&M deep pan, and a LOW ORY, (the pan hangs lower than the ORY) my driveway is realtively steep and I can't attempt to go over the speed bumps in the parking lot at work with out scraping. Heres how I do it, take everything at an angle and SLOW, I actually went on a road trip this last weekend and had a friend in the back.. bad idea, every dip in the bridge where the slabs meet my cut out scrapped on the highway. Seems horribly impracticle, which it is, but it looks awesome. I'm going to get a custom ORY that tucks nicely (mine seems to hang alot lower than others) and get a plastic guard made for the front of my tranny pan. I have thought about raising it up a lil with DMS springs, but man, it looks good!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I did a rough 1 inch drop with the Koni's using the lower perch in front and some weight in the rear. I wouldn't mind it being lowered a bit more but it would be impracticle the way I drive. Not to mention the very same reason I wouldn't live in Florida. Hello hurricane...
Old 07-01-2006, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Its no just you bro, I bottom out a lot myself but live in bottom country. Hell I'm thinking about raising my fbody about 5 inch LOL
Old 07-06-2006, 06:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GETGONE
What are you scraping and where? I'm in MI and the only thing I scrape is the lower airdam when going in and out of screwed up steep driveways at stock height. I have never scraped anywhere else. I'm going to lower my car when I get money to get some good shocks or maybe go air ride.
All around the airdam area, scraped into the paint. Happens going out of certian driveways.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

My car is lowered, looks way better. Just avoid speed bumps and slow down a lil

Quick Reply: Someone explain how you drive around in lowered fbody???