Old 06-11-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parbreak
My fault I was looking at the wrong line:

I just pulled my invoice from 4/17/03 from RPMoutlet.com

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/propodsa1.htm

Part # PRO92065

It fits the Hardtop perfectly ("and convertible"_. Now if you would to question that feel free, I 've done enough legwork for you.

Bryan
Damn, that's helpful. Thanks a lot! Did you have any fitment or quality issues with the product? If you had ebony interior, then how did the black ABS plastic on the part compare with the black factory interior? (In other words, did you have to paint your a-pillar pod the factory ebony color to match your ebony interior?) Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Don't expect people here to hold your hand if your afraid to splice into a few wires, and trim up a-piller pod. You can go through owning your car and paying people to keep it/make it 'nice' if you like, or you can jump in there, make a few mistakes, learn, and start takeing some pride in your work.

Im not trying to talk you down, I know that if you applied yourself a bit you should be able to trip up a panal and make it look better than that, and what happens if you screw it up you say? You could have got five piller pods for what you paid just for labor..
Old 06-11-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by damon_Z
Damn, that's helpful. Thanks a lot! Did you have any fitment or quality issues with the product? If you had ebony interior, then how did the black ABS plastic on the part compare with the black factory interior? (In other words, did you have to paint your a-pillar pod the factory ebony color to match your ebony interior?) Thanks in advance for the info.

It matched up just fine with my ebony interior. No painting necessary. Fitment was just fine and it has a beveled edge on the top portion that blends into the stock A pillar.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Smile

Sup chummy, sorry to hear about the crappy install. If you want some advice, here it goes. First, have a little confidence in yourself. You dont know if u can do it unless u try. U pay all this money for so called "pros" to work on your car for no reason at all. Second ,You have 2 friends that live a few towns away that would always lend a helping hand if needed. I like to think that i know alot about are cars. Not everything , but alot. Third, If u were worried about electrical problems, i am CIE, and THOMPSONS electronics certified. Everthing on my car i did myself. I didnt always know what i was doing going in , but thats how u learn, and Now i know. With the money u spend in paying for minor installs you could have heads and a cam. Remember, anything that u might break by trying to install something yourself can be fixed. BTW, take it back and have them fix it.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

BTW IF I would have paid someone to install gauges in my car, and they tried handing me back my car like that I would have promptly ripped them off my car, and shuved them right up their ***.

It looks like they need to cut more off the bottom, and prolly more off the top.

Personaly, I would just cut out the pods, and mold them into my stock peice.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
Sup chummy, sorry to hear about the crappy install. If you want some advice, here it goes. First, have a little confidence in yourself. You dont know if u can do it unless u try. U pay all this money for so called "pros" to work on your car for no reason at all. Second ,You have 2 friends that live a few towns away that would always lend a helping hand if needed. I like to think that i know alot about are cars. Not everything , but alot. Third, If u were worried about electrical problems, i am CIE, and THOMPSONS electronics certified. Everthing on my car i did myself. I didnt always know what i was doing going in , but thats how u learn, and Now i know. With the money u spend in paying for minor installs you could have heads and a cam. Remember, anything that u might break by trying to install something yourself can be fixed. BTW, take it back and have them fix it.
Yo, Fred, what's up? Thanks for the advice, but I think the only one I'll use is the last one. I'm lazy. All I want to do is get in the car and drive. Call me a *** or whatever, but I just don't want my hands dirty. I'll be going back to that shop in a couple of weeks to get some Bilstein HD shocks installed. They still have to get the proper adapter from Autometer to make the trans temp guage work, but I'll probably find another shop to install the correct guage pod. I think that shop is great for a lot of things, but they lack sufficient talent in the guage pod installation area. I can't go this Saturday, because they're having a $175 dynotune special. Now, you should go for that one--just get cats first.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was just going to email carlton and see if he wanted to go to atco on sat for the f-body clash. I just want to spectate, and role down with friends.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
BTW IF I would have paid someone to install gauges in my car, and they tried handing me back my car like that I would have promptly ripped them off my car, and shuved them right up their ***.

It looks like they need to cut more off the bottom, and prolly more off the top.

you'd never have this problem, your t-tops!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parbreak
It matched up just fine with my ebony interior. No painting necessary. Fitment was just fine and it has a beveled edge on the top portion that blends into the stock A pillar.

a shot in the dark question but you wouldnt happen to have any pictures would you?
Old 06-11-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
i was just going to email carlton and see if he wanted to go to atco on sat for the f-body clash. I just want to spectate, and role down with friends.
I just wanted to go this Sunday only for racing, but if you and Carlton are going this Saturday, then I'll go to. Let's just hope he'll order his Powermaster alternator and install it before then so that he can make it.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds

Your 16, I'm pretty sure if you tried that you'd be leaving the shop with a pillar up your rear and carless.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol i'm sure of that too
Old 05-23-2008, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

glow shift dot caaaammm i just got mine and couldn't be happier with the fit and yes if you got the right pod cluster for your car i'm sure it would look a lot nicer
Old 05-23-2008, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Get the right pod and put it in yourself. The gauges are already hooked up and that is the hard part. So just pull the connector on the back of the gauge, install the new pod, and put the gauges back in. Should be easy now just get the right pod.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by damon_Z

Also, you can also see that there's a small gap between the actual a-pillar and the window rubber molding (where you can see the paint).

To be honest both of those are kind of normal. The cutout for the hole never seems to fit over that hole assuming this is probably an autometer piece, and the gap is hard to get rid of.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they let you know before they started the install that it was for a t-top so you could tell them to hold off ? Like Bryan said some of the shots are what all the pods will look like. Since they are covering an exsiting plastic piece you can't get it to sit exactly flush in every spot. Mine doesnt but it does look better then that install. My b/f installed it...wasnt too hard at all. Oh and I have the ebony interior as well. Blended perfectly with it.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
To be honest both of those are kind of normal. The cutout for the hole never seems to fit over that hole assuming this is probably an autometer piece, and the gap is hard to get rid of.
I was just about to say this... My factory pillar doesnt line up perfect.. i can see red paint just like the pic u have posted...