Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

zaino zpc leaveing haze?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question zaino zpc leaveing haze?????

hey guys i need some help/
my problem is i tryed useing the zpc that i have with a small random orbit polisher.
i only have the cotton pads for it and i did a section of the hood and it left some haze spots on the hood.
i know i need a porter cable but i cant afford one right now so im trying to use what i have
please help

thanks again
Old 06-14-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Make sure you're using the product very sparingly and completely working the product.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaun
hey guys i need some help/
my problem is i tryed useing the zpc that i have with a small random orbit polisher.
i only have the cotton pads for it and i did a section of the hood and it left some haze spots on the hood.
i know i need a porter cable but i cant afford one right now so im trying to use what i have
please help

thanks again
I would not suggest applying Zaino with an orbital but if it leaves a haze then you are probably applying it too thick. Once it dries completly you should be able to get a hazyness off. It can take a few hours to dry and if it's cool a lot longer especially if it was put on thick.

Zaino is very easy to apply and remove by hand and a buffer is not going to save you a huge amount of time so I suggest if you plan to use Zaino do it by hand. Just my opinion.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
I would not suggest applying Zaino with an orbital but if it leaves a haze then you are probably applying it too thick. Once it dries completly you should be able to get a hazyness off. It can take a few hours to dry and if it's cool a lot longer especially if it was put on thick.

Zaino is very easy to apply and remove by hand and a buffer is not going to save you a huge amount of time so I suggest if you plan to use Zaino do it by hand. Just my opinion.
He's not using the sealants.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

zpc is made to be used with an orbital
Old 06-14-2006, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

The haze should not be a problem according to Sal Zaino product information frequently asked question about haze on dark colored cars.http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino
I use Z-PC Fusion frequently & have no problems. I have followed the information in the above link. I would not suggest using cotton pads. I use a porter cable #7424 with an orange pad(abrasive) or white pad.

Quick Reply: zaino zpc leaveing haze?????