Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My Custom Etch Rear View Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was gonna get a bike but realized im to dumb and would kill myself....maybe im not so dumb afterall, thats the only rice worth buying
Old 07-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

How about doing the left outside mirror with "Objects in mirror may be Mustangs"?

Nice work!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the props everyone. I'm always looking for stuff to do that is different than most other cars.

The only part that sucks is that you have to limit what you etch cause of how small you'll be cutting the vinyl. After looking at my driver's side mirror and noticing it while driving around, I think I can do a Firehawk lettering on it and be almost all out of site when driving. The vanity mirror is a kickass idea, I know I can do that! Might be able to get away with something more complex on it even though very few will ever see it. LOL. If anyone is wanting to do their side mirrors, rememeber the mirror finish is on the OUTSIDE of the glass.....or so I've read anyways..

Here's some daytime pics, 2 doesn't look as bad when installed in the car. I still wish I'd gone with only one, but oh well. Sometimes you can't 100% visualize the finished product until it's done. Oh yeah they give off an ever so slight glow when my map lights are on.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would probably be good to test with a thin dry erase marker before taking the leap

Quick Reply: My Custom Etch Rear View Mirror