Old 07-07-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I like it. Way better then it was!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
Dont get attatched to the door panals, I am gonna be re-doing those all black. Everytime I see white in my int, I feel like a ricer.
Personally, I would have gone with a dark gray (maybe even charcoal) and white theme and it would not have had the HUGE contrast that makes it feel ricerish. I see why you did it since you already had the black and white on the outside of the car, but gray and white go very well together - several of my favorite SS's on here have a gray and white theme.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I changed it b/c I hated a tan int. Why should I drive around every day with something that I hate? As far as putting all the peices back in before carpet, you know thats what I said, but I had a day off right after I got the new seats, ( BTW someone asked my why I didnt get new seats, I did lol ) and decided why not.. It only takes me a half hour TOPS to get the whole car stripped out minus dash lol, I've done it a few times now, im getting good at it.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I've put a great deal of work into it even if it doesnt show, and I am proud of her so far. I may be getting a good deal on a CAI and a new non ghetto elbow, so if I can get that for cheap I will put off carpet even longer, it doesnt really bother me as much as it did when I had tan seats, the black matts cover most of it for now. Like I said its a work in progress.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:15 AM
12 Second Club

I really, really like the black/white doors panels, especially with the doors open showing how well they match the exterior. If you 86 those I will be sad.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Man, everyone likes the doors. Maybe I should just re-do the speaker grills black and leave it like that for a while... Do you guys agree that the white speaker grills are bad looking?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Spuds, those door panels look great. One question though... not sure if you have answered or not but do you plan on doing the rest of your INT plastic pieces Black as well? It would look perfect with all the charcoal black, but if you dont plan on it, changing back the door panels to graphite with white would be perfect, they look great, jsut a little out of place right now but can be expected in a project in progress. Keep up the good work

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 07-08-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
He likes my car
ya those photoshoped wheels look awsome
Old 07-08-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
Man, everyone likes the doors. Maybe I should just re-do the speaker grills black and leave it like that for a while... Do you guys agree that the white speaker grills are bad looking?
Well, maybe you should just say screw it and go with a black and white theme.

Here is the nicest interior I've ever seen - LETHL_ZO6:

Old 07-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luna
Looks good spuds, Silver02TA just hates everything but the smell of his own farts.
haha i thought that was only people who drove hybrids? or is silver02ta an exception?

Silver02ta: do you have a smug cloud emanating over your head?
Old 07-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Originally Posted by Superman09
Spuds, those door panels look great. One question though... not sure if you have answered or not but do you plan on doing the rest of your INT plastic pieces Black as well? It would look perfect with all the charcoal black, but if you dont plan on it, changing back the door panels to graphite with white would be perfect, they look great, jsut a little out of place right now but can be expected in a project in progress. Keep up the good work

EVERYTHING is going to be pitch black besides the leather inserts on teh door panals. Also going to do white faced gauges, HVAC overlays, White faced gauges in a 3 gauge piller pod, white faced 5 inch tach w/ shift light, and possibly a black shift boot with white pipping, and a white hurst shift ball. Other than that IDK what would look good white, the speaker grills are 1 thing, but IDK if I like them or not.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
haha i thought that was only people who drove hybrids? or is silver02ta an exception?

Silver02ta: do you have a smug cloud emanating over your head?

That was a great episode thankkkkkkkkkkkks!

Just keep in mind with this silver02TA that just because he has a great car does not mean he is the be all end all in appearance/detailing opinions. I agree with some of his comments but I think he can be harsh too. And to keep this thread related I think sgt spuds has a good ext but with his interior he is cheaping out shortcutting and findiing new ways to fix his problems which I don't like up to this point. I'll see the final job and reserve my opinion until then. Also I think he is some young kid like 16 or something I didn't know any better then and I'm all of 22 now.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
And to keep this thread related I think sgt spuds has a good ext but with his interior he is cheaping out shortcutting and findiing new ways to fix his problems which I don't like up to this point. I'll see the final job and reserve my opinion until then. Also I think he is some young kid like 16 or something I didn't know any better then and I'm all of 22 now.
I half-agree with you, but I think Spuds has done fantastic jobs with his "shortcuts". Most 16 year olds don't have money floating around, much less own better than a Camry. He sounds like he works hard on his stuff, and I appreciate that.

I think the interior looks great!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

How am I cheaping out on the int? Im not taking offince, and appriciate the kind words. There is no short cuts being made. I work my *** off at work, I've worked over 9 hours each day for five days in a row, and dont have another day off till tuesday. Not trying to impress anyone, b/c I know everyone here, and their chain smokeing quadraliplegic grand mother works more than that, and harder at that *sarcasm* And I put my money into my car. I've done EVERYTHING 100% like I've wanted so far, and right now im working on my INT. Im going about this just the way I wanted. Next on the list to buy is headliner, carpet, and seat belts, when I gut the car again to install those, I will fusion teh dash, dash pad, a-pillers and console. Then once its back together, I will have my complete black int that I've been wanting, all that will be left would be accesorys ( new steering wheel, gauge overlays, piller mounted gauges, tach, shift light, new shift ****, just small stuff to tie it all together.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Banned

most 16 year olds don't have much money and niether do 22 year olds just getting out of college. i'm 20 and still in college (im a college **** I'm at my 3rd university in just as many years) and I live paycheck to paycheck. I also thought it was how much you could get done with spending as little money as possible right? Just cause you spend a lot of money doesn't make you have the best things, it just makes you a fool for spending a lot of money. I still prolly take cost-cutting methods on with me after I graduate and get a financially stable job just becuase there is no reason to blow all your money on something "others think is better because it cost more."
Old 07-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I agree, cost cutting isnt always a bad thing ( although it is a lot of the time ) But I dont see where they are saying I was cutting cost, or cheaping out on something.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe you guys misunderstood me a little. Cost cutting and finding a good deal on something is slightly different. I never said or tried to imply I have a lot of money. I live paycheck to paycheck and pay for everything including an apartment in Jersey. In fact I have little to no money but I have found ways to buy cold air kit wheels and a hood so far this year on top of my other bills. I am on a bank teller's pay and with a second job most of this year I worked 6 weeks straight and then a month straight being among the longest stretches. So like I said above I'm not feeling the interior at this point but let me reserve my opinion until the project is done. My main reason is that painting the interior has always seemed a little cheap looking to me thats all.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I just wanted to know what people thought looked cheap, or half assed, so I can concider changing it/ re doing it, for the bettering of the overall project.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice job ruining a Decent interior dumbass. What moron goes from perfectly good leather seats to cloth
Old 07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Nice job ruining a Decent interior dumbass. What moron goes from perfectly good leather seats to cloth

LoL@ your sig
Old 07-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Originally Posted by Camaroz

Leather sucks, end of story

As far as the doors, they are now all black and I couldn't be more happy. The white looked great in the pictures, but for some reason, IRL, it looked extreamly crappy/ricy/out of place.

I am gonna go to a few junk yards and see if anyof them have any camaros or t/a's to try and get the headliner out of them.

Quick Reply: *PICS* Updated INT shots of my car, almost done