Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anybody use Glare Autopolish?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody use Glare Autopolish?

Ive got a black camaro with some pretty ugly paint swirls. I was wondering if any of yall have used this stuff to get rid of the paint swirls. I was recommended to use the spyder and the polish to remove them. Here is the link:
http://www.autopolish.net/catalog.asp

This is a review of the product
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/swirl-remover/

Any advice would be helpful thanks.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

idk, looks kinda sketchy..personally? I would go witnh Zaino, Tropi-care, Meguires, or Menzerna swirl remover... those are all excellent products...go with a name you know has a good reputation...i never even heard of the stuff...
Old 07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Default liquid glass polish.

try this great for blk. cars/with pre cleaner first.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

I agree with billy
Old 07-11-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nikeair042
idk, looks kinda sketchy..personally? I would go witnh Zaino, Tropi-care, Meguires, or Menzerna swirl remover... those are all excellent products...go with a name you know has a good reputation...i never even heard of the stuff...
In the detailing world, brand names and boutique products mean very, very little to those experienced with products. A few weeks ago, none of us would have thought much of Duragloss. Now, every Tom, Dick, and Harpo is rushing to the nearest Autozone to stock up on their AW.

Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thos experienced with products? meaning, I'm not experienced cause I use stuff that others on here swear by? Zaino is name brand? Tropi-care? P21S? Menzerna? only place to order that stuff is certain stores online. pepboys doesnt sell it. im just saying that save your money and buy something guaranteed to work, instead of trying something that doesn't work.. Where you living that ever Tom, Dick and Harpo is a common name?

anyways, buy whatever you want, just saying to go with what you know is a good product. maybe this will be, maybe it wont, but i would spend the money on something that DEF will work...
Old 07-11-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

thos experienced with products? meaning, I'm not experienced cause I use stuff that others on here swear by? Zaino is name brand? Tropi-care? P21S? Menzerna? only place to order that stuff is certain stores online. pepboys doesnt sell it. im just saying that save your money and buy something guaranteed to work, instead of trying something that doesn't work.. Where you living that ever Tom, Dick and Harpo is a common name?

anyways, buy whatever you want, just saying to go with what you know is a good product. maybe this will be, maybe it wont, but i would spend the money on something that DEF will work...
Didn't call you unexperienced. Just saying you're swearing by products along with the bandwagon. Not a bad idea, but there are products that detailers would never touch, that would produce fantastic results.

Uh, hell yes Zaino is name brand. Tell me someone who DOESN'T know of Zaino. Tropicare, P21S, and Menz are popular among detailing enthusiasts more so than cakes and fat kids. Buy something that's gauranteed to work, yup. Those products you listed also come at premium prices, although I'll admit that they're proven.

But how many OTC products DON'T do what they advertise? If you can find it at a reputable auto shop, why not give it a shot? Like I said, this is how Eagle's Wheel Cleaner, Stoners, and AW was discovered.

And the Tom Dick and Harpo was a joke from a movie.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Zaino is not, sorry. Turtle Wax, Nu Finish, Meguires, those are name brand. Everyone here knows it cause everyone uses it. Bandwagon? Yes, everyone is on the bandwagon cause the stuff works, that means your on the bandwagon. I swear by products I use and KNOW work from evertyone else. Find me someone that has said "You know, Zaino sucked. It really did a **** job for me, and I can't wait to throw it out." lol, doubt u will find one. I know boat loads of ppl who don't know Zaino. I called an automotive store by me called "PALS" (no idea what it stands for lol) and they never heard of the stuff. Premium price? Menzerna is a little expensive, but all the other stuff is right there with everything else. I bought Meguires swirl cutter, $13. I think the Zaino one is around there, maybe like $16 for their swirl cutter.

Not a big deal, but I prefer going with the "safe" method. If I am going to pay money for something, I want to know it will work. Thats all I am saying. He said he had swirl marks so I said spend your money on something good. Nothing sucks more then ordering something and then it blows. But whatever, no biggie.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zaino, in my honest opinion, is name brand. Just because it's not readily available and must be purchased online means squat. Name brand, by my definition, is something that is well proliferated and accepted among people.

Actally, Zaino has sucked before. Before the ZFX was released, coats of Zaino were known to mute metallic flake. Some described it as a "saran-wrap shine", or "sterile". Maybe "sucked" is a bit harsh in this application, but when comparing a car done in Meg's GC vs Zaino, I can honestly say that from 3' there was hardly a difference. Definitely a price difference.

Everyone knows those products because they're expensive, exclusive, and their advertising is largely enthusiast-powered. Zal is a marketing GENIUS who can convince you that Z8 is better than Z6, when honestly many people can't tell the difference between the sprays. He convinced people to accept ZFX (which does work, won't lie), and buy it as a separate product to augment existing products. How else could he have introduced a new product into a stable line meaning more money to spend? Even I would have never came up with that one.

Find me someone that says "Reflections line sucks", and you probably found me an elitist groupie who has laid their grubby fingers on nothing less than Zaino. Zaino is good stuff, I know it, I've seen it, and my commander is a fanatic of the line. But believe me when I say, it doesn't cost $100+ to make a car look that good. Provided that your car isn't black, it can be done for way, way less.

I understand that you prefer the tried-and-true, but I'm trying to convince you and others on this board that it doesn't hurt to be daring. This is how products are discovered. I also apologize if I came off sounding harsh, but I'm a big advocate of trying new things and spreading the results.

Otherwise, we'd all be using Zaino.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 843 Likes on 645 Posts

Glare is OK stuff, pretty durable-the swirl remover is quite aggressive from what i've read. Mothers Powerpolish is a good OTC polish. The Zaino line is considered by many to be the "best" but there are other really good lines such as Duragloss(IMO the best OTC line). Tropicare TC-3 topped with Duragloss Aquawax is another great looking combo.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Name brand by my definition is something that EVERYONE knows about. People that don't even know what wax is, then its name brand. Someone girl says "oh i bought some revlon today." Almost everyone would know its make-up. You go to a stranger and say "i bought some zaino." They will look confused. Even people that know cars have never heard of zaino. I didn't until I joined this message board. Name brand, something everyone knows, and something you can buy easily almost anywhere. I don't use the ZFX, i think it's a waste and a gimick. I put a coat of Meguires swirl remover on, then zaino right over it, Z-2, and goes on fine, looks good for a long time. Who said it costs $100 to make a car look good? My paint looks amazing and all I do is clay it, meguires, and zaino, tire shine, glass cleaner. Total, $40, MAX. If people buy stuff and try it out and it works, great, tell everyone so we can use it. But in my opinion and thats what the guy asked about, I, me, would buy something that I know works. So, I see what your saying bout trying new things, new discoveries, but for some people, they like what they got cause they know it works, and as long as it works, their happy... hell, i won't try anything different at restaurants cause what if it blows and I hate it, then I just wasted money lol....thats just me..
Old 07-12-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Name brand by my definition is something that EVERYONE knows about. People that don't even know what wax is, then its name brand. Someone girl says "oh i bought some revlon today." Almost everyone would know its make-up. You go to a stranger and say "i bought some zaino." They will look confused. Even people that know cars have never heard of zaino.
I don't know about you, but where I'm from, everyone knows about Zaino. Even if they didn't, Zaino is an ESTABLISHED brand with products branded under his name. How is it NOT a name brand, and why are you arguing this useless fact?

I don't use the ZFX, i think it's a waste and a gimick. I put a coat of Meguires swirl remover on, then zaino right over it, Z-2, and goes on fine, looks good for a long time.
Where the hell did I say you used ZFX? I just mentioned that it was marketing genius; in fact his marketing is so effective that there are multitudes of devout Z users at any detailing forum of your choice. Is his product that amazing? Not really. It's just pretty good. But any song with a good beat and half-decent lyrics can be good, too.

Who said it costs $100 to make a car look good?
Zal does; his kit is $130+ if I last recall. You have to stop taking this personally and calm the hell down. I haven't accused you of saying or doing anything.

If people buy stuff and try it out and it works, great, tell everyone so we can use it. But in my opinion and thats what the guy asked about, I, me, would buy something that I know works.
Where the hell did I say NOT to try your suggestion? I simply said, in my first reply, to give it a shot and that familiar brand names shouldn't always be the go-to solution if you have a shallow pocket and want convenience.

So, I see what your saying bout trying new things, new discoveries, but for some people, they like what they got cause they know it works, and as long as it works, their happy... hell, i won't try anything different at restaurants cause what if it blows and I hate it, then I just wasted money lol....thats just me..
I'm the same way at restaurants most of the time, too. But how did you know the chicken alfredo was good? Either you took a stab at it, or someone else did and told you. Here's the fact: someone had to do it first. That's all I'm trying to say - give things a chance before you condemn them.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:12 AM
Banned

Ever heard of Granitize? Or the Mothers professional series? Christ, most high end shops use 3M products, because they produce results consistenly. Ours is a little cheaper brand, but it works just the same. Name is preference, thats all. It's all about paying attention to your details. Without that, your car is still going to look like a shiny, scratched up turd afterwards.

I was using Zaino before Zaino was a "name" brand, and within a small circle of enthusiasts, it can be considered that, end of story. Go to any established car show and you won't be finding many confused people when you say the "Z" word. It's been around for a while . I much prefer doing older methods of cleaning, I.E. Buffer with a wool pad and some fine cut compound, maybe some wetsanding in areas if it really comes down to it.

If nothing else works, start wetsanding.

Last edited by BlackZCamaro; 07-12-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't tell me to calm down this and that, cause I'm fine. I just hate people that come on here and have to argue everything someone says, just cause they don't agree with them. I dont know why YOU have to keep arguing bout this. In my last post, I already said I see exactly what your saying, this is what I am saying, end of story. But then you have to nit pick and comment on each sentence I post. People are not going to see things the way you do, so let that be. I don't care if you go to dinner and buy everything on the menu to see whats good. It's about preference and doing or buying what YOU like. If you go alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back to the start, you would see what this post WAS about before being ruined. It was about "what do you think of this product." Everyone is allowed an opinion, and I gave mine. Instead of answering the question, you decided to question what I said and debate me. It's not a big deal, I SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from. You have a different definition then I do about name brand, big deal, who cares. Now, if we could get back on track, that would awesome

Last edited by nikeair042; 07-12-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't tell me to calm down this and that, cause I'm fine. I just hate people that come on here and have to argue everything someone says, just cause they don't agree with them. I dont know why YOU have to keep arguing bout this. In my last post, I already said I see exactly what your saying, this is what I am saying, end of story. But then you have to nit pick and comment on each sentence I post. People are not going to see things the way you do, so let that be. I don't care if you go to dinner and buy everything on the menu to see whats good. It's about preference and doing or buying what YOU like. If you go alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back to the start, you would see what this post WAS about before being ruined. It was about "what do you think of this product." Everyone is allowed an opinion, and I gave mine. Instead of answering the question, you decided to question what I said and debate me. It's not a big deal, I SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from. You have a different definition then I do about name brand, big deal, who cares. Now, if we could get back on track, that would awesome
Dude, very rarely do I argue with someone on here. Especially in the kills forum. And honestly, if you wanted to adhere to the original poster's request verbatim, we both failed; you (nor I) provided any relevant info regarding the polish mentioned.

But I agree on the back-on-track comment at the least.

The polish looks fairly pricey, and if you intend on trying any products in that price tier you're better off listening to nike's suggestion. My recommendation is to use the good old buffer and compound. If that polish is a true polish, then it won't rid of any ugly swirls in good time. You -could- pair it to a high-cut pad, but you're better off setting your start with a med/hi-cut pad and compound.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Ok ladies stop arguing about stupid crap, on subject: it turns out a guy i work with used this on a black motorcycle that he has and it turned out great, and all the reviews speak highly of the product, so im gonna go ahead and give it a try and ill let yall know how it turns out

Quick Reply: Anybody use Glare Autopolish?