Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

god for-saken water spots

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A-MAZ is easy to apply. Just get a damp cloth, put a little on it and rub. You don't even have to rub that hard or long....the water spots just come right out. When it dries just wipe it off.

Haven't tried the Zaino stuff, but I'm sure it's a similar type of product. I use all the other Zaino stuff though and it's awesome.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
give more detail.

how did you apply it.

sorry for same questions in a related thread. just looking for details.
It's easy, just rub it on and you can feel it bring up the dry spots. After it dries (in like 2 mins) just buff it off. My t-tops were really bad, made them look like new.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Before I had my white 02 I had a black 99 and I got some bad waterspots on the hood and front quarters. I tried everything as well...vinegar, buffing with a claybar and nothing worked. I finally took the car to a detail shop and told them to do whatever it took to get rid of them or else im gonna re-paint the car. They kept the car for two days and it cost me $200 but they were able to get em off. I asked them what they did and they told me they tried eveything as well, but what finally got them off was dousing the car with lighter fluid and lighting it on fire, dousing it with water and then rubbing like hell. I would never try that myself but thats what they said. The paint looked like brand new.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Default A maz and water spots

After reading mrws6speed's post I ordered A-maz off of ebay, and was really suprised at the fact that it actually worked, not just ok, but totally removed the spots. I had tried everything in the past for this problem, nothing even came close to touching the spots. I used it on my Tacoma that had been at the dealer lot where it got well water on it on three sides, spots came out after about 15 minutes worth of work. If anyone was contemplating trying A maz or not, just get it, it works.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

I had spots for a long time so I was hesitant that anything would work on mine. I used CLR and wiped the window down before going over it with a scrubby sponge. After that I hit it several times with window cleaner to get the residue off. Except for a couple of spots that I missed it took all the spots off so I'm very happy. Now I wish I had taken before pics...