Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to remove camaro ground effects???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove camaro ground effects???

Hello guys, I'm thinking about buying a 1999 Z28 but it has RS ground effects and I don't know if I'm going to like them so I was wondering if I took them off would it leave visable holes? I've heard that the 3 piece spoiler has 3 holes in each quarter panel so I'm planning on leaving the spoiler on and taking the rest of it off. I'm tired of looking for answers and not finding anything. Thanks!!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was going to say the best way to remove them is never put the effing things on in the first place, but that does you no good. Good luck in your decision though.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure about the rear and front pieces. the sdeskirts are bolted to the underside of the car, and also held onto the side of the car with hangers. these hangers are rivetted to the car, so if you take the side skirts off, you'll have around 6 holes that are visible in the rocker panel. this is whats keepin me from taking mine off.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Teching In

SAme here about the holes.

So Im stuck with them because i dont wanna spend money fillin gall the holes
Old 09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Launching!

i've actually removed the front spoiler on a plan to remove all the kit i have,, i found out that the rear spoiler that's mounted on top of the original spoiler is bolted and the bolts are soo rusted out and they wont go,, so it really sucks, i think i'm gonna get me another spoiler from the junk yard or steal one lol.. but about the holes i think u can buy some thing to fill it up from the department store or something?!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im sure you could patch them up yourself and then put touch up paint over it, since the rocker panel isnt very visible unless your about 20-30 feet away from the car. at least do thhat until you can dish out the money to get that sexction sanded downa nd repainted.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all your help. What can I use to fill the holes in the front and rear bumper? I know they are plastic, but I was wondering if fiberglass would work to fill the holes? Thanks

Quick Reply: How to remove camaro ground effects???