Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

$10 KONI mod and some TA pics

Old 09-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool $10 KONI mod and some TA pics

I dont know about all you Koni adj shock owners, but I didnt like having to remove half the interior of my car to move the carpet and adj the shocks if i had to. So I fixed that problem. Here are some pics of the adj **** set up I put togeather. Its not complete (only the passenger side is done) and I still need to paint the ***** a dark grey (with the koni logo on it in black) but you get the point. It works great and no rattles or nothing. Wouldve been easier if Koni had a nut or something on the shock instead of the tiny little tab. Only took 10 minutes of fab work and some parts to get it to work. The other pics are just some random shots of the battery cover I made and polished hood struts..etc etc.

Some random pics

new rksport letter inserts

chrome bolts and washers. battery cover, etc.

polished hood struts...kinda hard to see

Old 09-23-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

Nice lookin t/a
Rochester... not far from my town of lindy =)
Old 09-23-2006, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Nice car i am also from rochester, Like the mod, i will be doing the same thing when i get konis, great idea.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car, that's exactly how mine looked when I bought it.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice work... Really like the shock adjusters!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whered you get the *****?
Old 09-23-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dennsterTA
I dont know about all you Koni adj shock owners, but I didnt like having to remove half the interior of my car to move the carpet and adj the shocks if i had to.
That's a cool idea and you did a great job on it but You don't have to remove half the interior, just lower the seat. It only takes a sec to do it.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

I'm assuming if you don't have back seats this isn't necessary?
Old 09-23-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
That's a cool idea and you did a great job on it but You don't have to remove half the interior, just lower the seat. It only takes a sec to do it.

But I am still interested in what **** you used and how you fabbed it up.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

thatd be cool if i knew for sure someone else in the car wouldnt **** with my settings.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6

I guess i missed something. How do you move the carpet enough by just lowering the seat. The carpet goes around the seat belt area (cant see it in the pics) under the trim panels. Only way to go around that is to trim the carpet right behind the trim panels. I take it thats what everyone but me did haha. Either way i like the **** setup and it only took a sec. Ill post some pics of the setup under the carpet soon. Very easy to do.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Take the pipe nipple and thread it as far as you can into the pipe barrel (whatever you want to call that piece). Cut of the extra if any sticks out. Cut the head off the bolt and grind a notch on the one end. Put the two togeather and there ya go. Just screw the whole assemble onto your shock. The notch in the bolt will just slide onto the little tab on the shock. Pretty straight forward from looking at the pics. I used a nut and lock washer under the **** to prevent the **** from backing off. The carpet Holds the whole thing from coming out. I accually have to pull pretty good in order for it to pull out. Cheap,easy,works, and looks good.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dennsterTA
I guess i missed something. How do you move the carpet enough by just lowering the seat. The carpet goes around the seat belt area (cant see it in the pics) under the trim panels. Only way to go around that is to trim the carpet right behind the trim panels. I take it thats what everyone but me did haha. Either way i like the **** setup and it only took a sec. Ill post some pics of the setup under the carpet soon. Very easy to do.
That **** is a cool idea. I like it a lot

There is a spot that is almost cut for the shocks. It took just a pocket knife to finish cutting to make a flap to access the shock.

Here are a couple of pics from when I installed mine. I had to clean up some of the insulator but once you put the foam piece back it is closed you can't even tell I cut it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $10 KONI mod and some TA pics