Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans-Am projector headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans-Am projector headlamps

Yes, I did a search, and came up with some pertinent info, but nothing that really answered my question.

Anyways, one of the headlights burnt out on my car, so I figured it'd be a good time to upgrade them, at least the low beams.

I want to eventually go the HIDs, but I just can't afford it right now. I followed VVS6 and skytower's HID threads though, and I eventually came across these.

Being that I'll need projectors for HIDs anyway, do these look like they would work? I remember Jon had to fab up some brackets to mount his projectors on, so it would seem like these would save a lot of the work being that they integrate the projector into a rectangular housing. I was thinking I could get these now and use regular bulbs until I can get the ballasts and bulbs I need for an HID conversion.

The site says they're sized 4 x 6, and I measure the stock sealed beams, and they're a tad bit smaller than these aftermarket ones. Think that would be a huge problem? Also, it says these are designed to use H4 bulbs...if I wanted to use, say, 4 of these to replace alll of my stockers, would I need to use a different bulb for the high beams, or are they just angled up higher?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Those are not real projectors and will be really crappy.

If you wanto to put projectors in then there are a set of 90mm Hellas that work great and give great results as well. Here is a write up about how to get everything worked through on the install and where to purchase the modules.

http://firehawk.jonbroomfield.com/hidinfo/

Until you can get the cash to play with HID bulbs these will accept a standard H9 bulb.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just bought a Genesis kit from here http://www.hid-sin.com/ . I got 6000k for the lows, and 4300k for the highs. For my wifes Trailblazer. You can look up your model car once you click the K density. They are plug and play as well. I'm not sure what bulb we have, but they may list it for kit.

Last edited by WhiteRhino; 10-03-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
They are plug and play as well.
Not to mention illegal. Cutoff? What cutoff?

Quick Reply: Trans-Am projector headlamps