Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Who has an aftermarket 98-02 SS spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
No I dont want a cookie, I was just stating a fact, just trying to say its better to go oem.
im sorry dude, some lady pissed me off at work and i took your post the wrong way. your right it is better to oem, if you want to spend the money. but if your on a budget the spoilercompany one is great.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo
My oem didn't require drilling, all I did was put adhesive foam on the underside of the pillars and let it stick to the hatch, then I did the screws so it would stay stuck and not get pulled off by too much torquing of the screws.
mine either, but i do believe the oem ones are drilled into the hatch.

So what do you guys think? i know its hard to tell with the foam padding, hopefully demonbird will chime in.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, if you do decide to get aftermarket, make sure the company has good feedback so you know your getting good quality, also be prepaired to spend a pretty penny on a paint job...(unless its coming pre-painted)
Old 12-07-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All the aftermarkets i've seen don't fit well. They all stand up really high over the side of the quarter panel. I circled the area.

I know you said yours has foam under it but still thats really thick foam or yours still doesn't fit well. My aftermarket spoiler has the same problem. I've owned two OEM SS's before and neither had this problem.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:05 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default OEM vs. Aftermarket SS Spoiler

Alright, here's pics of my aftermarket spoiler and an OEM SS spoiler side by side... Not saying which is better but for the price, well... Kind of a clear winner IMO:

If they were the same price OEM is obviously a tighter (better) fit (although I personally do NOT like the line OEM has due to being two pieces, I prefer the smoothness of my one piece spoiler, matches the quarters)...

With that said, the aftermarket spoiler is less than half the price ($240 shipped to my door) of a USED OEM spoiler (usually for for $500) and IMHO wins this competition...

EDIT: If you want to know who makes my spoiler (got it on ebay) do a search, I posted it in other threads... This thread however is soley for comparison purposes...
Old 12-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

^ good post.

I bought one off ebay. Paid 200 shipped and I know a guy who paints, so I figured i'd save some money.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

I bought a used one myself but it was defenitly aftermarket and it fits like absolute crap! It took alot of sanding and grinding to get it close to fitting. It still isn't perfect, but Im not worried, because it will come off someday to get painted to match.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DansRedz28
i know of one OEM black for $350 shipped

Could you point me in the direction of this.

Quick Reply: Who has an aftermarket 98-02 SS spoiler?