Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Scratchless dent removal on rear quarters???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006 | 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Default Scratchless dent removal on rear quarters???

Hey, I have several dents on my rear quarter panels thanks to your friendly shopping centers and college parking lots. I know its hard doing body work on the rear quarters, due to how they simply dont bolt off and the material. I was wondering though how much it would cost or if anybody has or recommends getting it done. The only thing thats holding me from getting it is that its my daily driver and no matter how far and careful I park, car doors seem to find ways to dent up the Z. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-14-2006 | 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

People who do those sort of things in CA usually charge about $60 per body panel regardless of how many dings are in it. So to answer your question: if you were here, it would cost you about $60.
Old 12-14-2006 | 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Thats not bad, thanks I was trying to get a price range id be looking at. Anybody have any recommendations for people in Texas who do a good job? Thanks again
Old 12-14-2006 | 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is this thing at the meijer by my house called "Pops-a-dent" Lol i love the name. Im seriously contemplating buying it and trying it and if it dosent work, say it was defective and return it. Ill keep you posted.
Old 12-14-2006 | 05:42 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

We have Dent Wizard here in New England. Not sure how big they are. They charge by the dent, and won't gaurantee the work obviously if the dent is bad enough to where the paints cracked.

I had buckles on each side of my car from going to the track. He checked them out for me, and ended up pulling about 4/5 dents out of my quarters on a cash money deal.

I pulled both sail panels, and both speakers behind the drivers seat. You can't get into the backside of the quarter panel anywhere else. Not through the gas door, spare tire well, trunk, etc.

The only way to do it without having him drill a few small holes, was by removing the sail panels/speakers. It worked out mint, and the car is once again perfect. It came out better than I expected, as my quarters looked "creased" rather than buckled.

Check out your phone book, and stop by your local body shop and ask who they use for paintless dent removal.

Rob
Old 12-14-2006 | 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=dent
Old 12-15-2006 | 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

I hada guy remove a small dent last year. Came out perfect. I totally recommend it.
Old 12-15-2006 | 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

most of the "door dings" are not actually door dings, the rear quarter panels on f-bodies are notorious for dings after being on jackstands or after hard launches.. the rear quarters are a terrible stress point... once you get the dings fixed i advise getting subframe connectors to prevent future "dings"...
Old 12-15-2006 | 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm good info presto
Old 12-16-2006 | 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

What does jacking the car up do? i know the launching will do it but why jackstands? I have SFC's on my car and still got the damn dimples , trying to figure out why.
Old 12-17-2006 | 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by presto_z
most of the "door dings" are not actually door dings, the rear quarter panels on f-bodies are notorious for dings after being on jackstands or after hard launches.. the rear quarters are a terrible stress point... once you get the dings fixed i advise getting subframe connectors to prevent future "dings"...
I have SFCs, pretty much my first mod. I have a few dimples on the top from chassis twist or flex, but these dings are from retards who swing out their doors in parking lots, not watching that there is a car next to them. But anyways, ya ill probably try a local scratchless dent remover, thanks for everyones help.
Old 12-17-2006 | 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

I hate people who are too stupid to pay attention when opening their doors, especially with a nice clean car next to them.

Quick Reply: Scratchless dent removal on rear quarters???