Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone got the E1 spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know theres a reason you had to ask if anyone had that spoiler. It kinda reminds me of shamu.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

its kinda funny all the people saying the stock t/a spoiler is perfect, yeah it looks nice, but thats about it, its not functional so other than looks whats the point?? its that kind of mentality that is the reason why other than hoods there isnt much for decent aftermarket body parts for our cars. yeah the e1 spoiler isnt perfect but atleast its functional, all it needs is to flow better on the sides (whyd they make it droop down???) other than that its a nice piece
Old 01-01-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnpr
its kinda funny all the people saying the stock t/a spoiler is perfect, yeah it looks nice, but thats about it, its not functional so other than looks whats the point?? its that kind of mentality that is the reason why other than hoods there isnt much for decent aftermarket body parts for our cars. yeah the e1 spoiler isnt perfect but atleast its functional, all it needs is to flow better on the sides (whyd they make it droop down???) other than that its a nice piece
Well you certainly have the "ricer mentality".

Soo slaping that gay *** spoiler on an f-body makes it more "functional" than the stock spoiler because it looks more "functional"?

A spoiler on any street driven car serves no purpose or function because no one drives fast enough to make it "functional". The reason there is not an abundance of body kits for f-body's because 1) They make the car look like ****. 2) Serve no purpose.

Hence the reason body kits are put on cars for looks, and not "function". Unless of course, you are a ricer.

But, you said yourself:
its not functional so other than looks whats the point??
So, what's the point of adding the E1 spoiler it there is no function?

Same thing with the WS6 hood. Sure, it looks function and is. However, it is not any more "functional" than the stock hood unless you are going 150+ mph.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

The e1 spoiler is more functional on the top end but the stock spoiler is good enough for top speed anyways.

And I beg to differ about your opinion on the ws6 hood not being useful until 150+
Old 01-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

looks pretty dumb man the stock T/A spoiler looks much better
Old 01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Launching!

as far as body kits making it look like ****??? well how about the RS body kit? the firebird body kit? the wings west body kit? RK body kit?? well I just dont know???? there are some people here that have these and get alot of complements. so it just might be your own opinion. I agree there are some that do look like ****. but if its done appropiatly then its sort of acceptable.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

ls1 obsession, your right, on street driven cars all of that stuff is useless even though it is "functional" im just anoyed that everyone thinks our cars are "perfect as is" i disagree that bodykits in general make the fbodys ugly, the problem is that the manufacturers are trying to apply the same looks as the imports, no that doesnt work but im sure that a bodykit could be developed that would look good on our cars and like angrychicken said there are some available that look good.
anyhow long story short, its nice to see something different that isnt basicly a rice wing attached to the top of the regular spoiler and even though as you said at regular speeds they arent functional, this could be a decent (with exception to the droopy sides) spoiler for racing.

john
Old 01-01-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andros
The e1 spoiler is more functional on the top end but the stock spoiler is good enough for top speed anyways.

And I beg to differ about your opinion on the ws6 hood not being useful until 150+

150 MPH is probably about the speed at which there would be any substantial and useful hp to actually be beneficial. That, in my opinion, makes ram air about as useful as a non-ram air setup. Albeit, you may see some effect at lower speeds, but not enough to make a difference. If WS6 Ram Air is so effective and beneficial at lower speeds, then shouldn't a WS6 t/a always beat a standard t/a in the 1/4 mile (85mph-110mph)? (assuming equal drivers, of course) Also, there are so many variables to consider when measuring the ram-effect, that measuring at lower speeds renders useless since the gains, if any, are so little.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ram+air+effect
^ The "article" on post three warrants the reason for my opinion.

Originally Posted by angrychicken
as far as body kits making it look like ****??? well how about the RS body kit? the firebird body kit? the wings west body kit? RK body kit?? well I just dont know???? there are some people here that have these and get alot of complements. so it just might be your own opinion. I agree there are some that do look like ****. but if its done appropiatly then its sort of acceptable.
I was referring to why there is not an abundance of aftermarket body parts/ kits. You listed current, well-known, and available (ex. WW) aftermarket and OEM kits.
I was merely suggesting that perhaps the reason for the limited amount of kits/parts available is the other ones that were available, no longer are because they look like ****. Therefore, they are not(i.e. AAS Combat Kit) or did not sell. Not strictly because of our "appearance only/no function" mentality.
(Since high mph is required for any significant effect)

In fact, I like the OEM/WW kit for the Trans Am.

Last edited by LS1obsession; 01-01-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by angrychicken
is the stock spoiler functional? the firehawk, firebird, T/A any of the three?

yes, all are functional. all three do cause downforce and provide lateral stability at higher speeds. however, SLP designed the Firehawk's spoilers to be nearly perfect for the track and at high speeds. it may look funny, but it's engineered to be aerodynamically flawless.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not liking it
Old 01-01-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I give credit to the person who created this wing and the front clip. Not all people like the same thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Quick Reply: Anyone got the E1 spoiler?