Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics and build up of my new 2000 LS-1 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched this from post #1. Didn't like at all what you did to the car but at least it looks decent.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Banned

Default Under hood pics

NEW UNDERHOOD PICTURES!

#7, YOU are the weakest link..............goodbye!

#5, second weakest link................goodbye!

One wrong click on the laptop, totaly my fault and I forgot to go back and fix it before a WOT run about 2 weeks later.

Looking for a set of junkyard pistons to replace mine, hopefully free if yall have some! I lost about a 1/2 quart of oil during the drive hope after meltdown, so please leave as much oil on used pistons as possible!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHAHA ******* great! I just read the entire post and I think it's ****** hilarious. It proves that any time someone tries/does something different and posts it up on this board, they will be flamed and bashed, but if you go out and buy the same hood as everyone and put the same rims on it as everyone else, it's A OK.
This board is filled with alot of followers. Good for you for doing what ever you want to your car, and making it work for you, your car looks great and seems to run just as good as it looks.
And who ever said they are upset when they see someone with a V8 do stuff like this when they only have a v6...save your pennies and buy a v8 and stop pissin n moaning about it.

I tip my hat to you Dmoss.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

The battery looks good...
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PopaPork
HAHAHA ******* great! I just read the entire post and I think it's ****** hilarious. It proves that any time someone tries/does something different and posts it up on this board, they will be flamed and bashed, but if you go out and buy the same hood as everyone and put the same rims on it as everyone else, it's A OK.
This board is filled with alot of followers. Good for you for doing what ever you want to your car, and making it work for you, your car looks great and seems to run just as good as it looks.
And who ever said they are upset when they see someone with a V8 do stuff like this when they only have a v6...save your pennies and buy a v8 and stop pissin n moaning about it.

I tip my hat to you Dmoss.
Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. I'm just still surprised nobody told him to put C5 Z06 wheels on it.

This is what hot rodding is all about, making do with what you have and trying new things. Back in the 30's and 40's guys couldn't just pick up thier Summit catalog and order all thier parts, they had to make thier own or scrounge out of the junkyards. Ever see pics of some early hot rods? Most were UGLY, but they were fast, at least for thier day.

I gotta say I think the CAI is ugly, but what the hell, if it works, whatever.

Some of these cobbled together cars are the fastest out there. There's a guy in MA I read about in Hot Rod that runs at NED, he's got a Fox-body running tens with a home made turbo setup using all used or scrounged parts. IIRC he's got less than 5k in the car. Now THAT's hot rodding!

Car looks great, btw. Good call on the paint color.

How about some pics of the '57 project?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

oh god you blew it up?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Junkyard pistons??

Hello blow by...

You do know that ring seat is the most critical part in an engine break in. You cannot mix and match worn out rings in worn out cylinder bores. That car will smoke like a chimney.

Good luck on driving the second build into the ground if you do that. Also, watch those low tension rings when re-installing.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

Default I love it!!

Yeah, that's become the whole point of this thread anymore, do what you want, it'll all come out in the wash in the end.

And yeah, I BLEW THE **** OUT OF HER, WOT, 130+MPH! Oil, water, and anitfreeze was flying out of the *** end of her, looked like a crop duster comming down the road......And the bitch still took me on to the house, which was about 2 miles down the road. Hell, it crank up, ran decent, and I pulled it in the shop 2 weeks later to drop the engine.

And another cool part about this engine, when I dissambled it, it didn't even have a carbon ring around the top of the cylinders, pistons 1,2,3,4, 6 and 8 slid right of the bores, 5 and 7 took a little massaging, that ol trooper engine, what is a POS!

57 project request! : http://www.trifive.com/forums/showth...hlight=dmoss69

The CIA, well, we're thinking about powdercoating it either turd brown or camoflauge, maybe I need a poll?

And for the junkyard pistons, here's a , nothing a little 80 grit sandpaper on the cylinder walls and sealing JBWELD on the piston rings won't take care of.

STAY TUNED!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

hahah
Old 07-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Launching!

VEEERRYYY Nice! This car sure has come a long way, Props to you my friend
Old 07-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Restricted User

you are funny as hell dmoss. Good luck with your rebuild.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

It took me forever to read this hole thread, but I couldn't stop haha. Dmoss I gota give you props for doing your thing. Even though you heard nothing but ridicule for it. I'll admit when I first started reading this thread I thought you were a complete idiot, but you have proved me wrong. I respect anyone who has the ***** to try something new and, do it yourself.

As for how the intake set up looks. Ya it looks bad but, If your not guna be taking it to car shows then why dose it matter. And if you can get away with it in the rain more power to you.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned

nice build man, who gives a **** about what some of these asshats think. It's your car, it's your money, do whatever makes YOU happy. I will say that cutting the radiator support wasn't the brightest idea but whatever.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

dog ****? external turbos? oh! crap! what's next? Love that seat covers! Reminds me of something my dog pee'd on! this is too much! I'm going to start drinking now!
I just come here for the entertainment! Personally I think this guy is just screwing with some heads here!D
Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

Default update!

Well, good news!

Didn't have to sleeve the block, machine shop honed them out to 3.905", and it cleaned up great!

Had to drop off pistons and rods to get balanced........

And while I'm waiting on them, I'm just playing and killing time.

A little bit of expoy and she'll be better than new!!!

Little bit of powdercoat, I gotta reheat it for it to shine, didn't flow out like it should have.

More things for the B*Tch!

STAY TUNED!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

DAMN, hell yeah man! that's gonna be awesome, what are the specs on the parts?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

Default killin time

The orange came out like ****, but the red really wasn't too bad.

I ran out of red powder, kept a thin coat on the part. It was just the guiena pig anyway, just makn sure the intake didn't melt before I put the ls6 intake in the oven. If someone wants it, I'll trade somone some mirror red powder for it.

The orange, I put way too much powder and it turned out shitty. Gotta figure out what I'm gonna do with it.

second coat on valve covers

Keepn specs on downlow, too many local eyes!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

What kind of pistons did you go with? Stock flat top or something with a little lower compression for boost in the future?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Good job on the car and taking everyone **** with good humor lol. I can't believe how upset people were getting ( I just read it all ) hahaha....

As for the intake, as long as it makes power who cares what it looks like. You guys drive around with your hoods up so everyone can see how pretty everything is?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned

Default parts

I went with the flat tops with 2cc valve reliefs, going with the gas first. Maybe turbo along way down the road.

Quick Reply: Pics and build up of my new 2000 LS-1 Camaro