Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Who makes a non-ramair hood, with heat extractors, for an '02 Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who makes a non-ramair hood, with heat extractors, for an '02 Z28?

Help! Who makes a non-ramair hood, with heat extractors, for an '02 Z28?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

i've never seen one man; closest thing is at: mechamperformance.com

they have a couple extractor hoods there, but they are with Ram Air... and good luck getting that bitch to fit
Old 01-24-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
i've never seen one man; closest thing is at: mechamperformance.com

they have a couple extractor hoods there, but they are with Ram Air... and good luck getting that bitch to fit
Thanks. I love that hood they make with the extractors, I don't want that ram air though. Are there fitment problems with those hoods?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

t t t
Old 01-24-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cyborg
Thanks. I love that hood they make with the extractors, I don't want that ram air though. Are there fitment problems with those hoods?
I've yet to hear of someone who didn't have mecham fitment problems.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Launching!

So you want to know what kind of issues you are going to have if you let Mecham defraud you, huh? Well, let me get in my bashing for the night and save you a lot of time, money, and aggravation. Take a look at what my hood looked like 2 years after purchase.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/518658/2

But just wait awhile, there will be a much better quality version coming out soon from ASCD. And the best part about it is that his own product will be used to undue him.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by matt6822
So you want to know what kind of issues you are going to have if you let Mecham defraud you, huh? Well, let me get in my bashing for the night and save you a lot of time, money, and aggravation. Take a look at what my hood looked like 2 years after purchase.

But just wait awhile, there will be a much better quality version coming out soon from ASCD. And the best part about it is that his own product will be used to undue him.
Did you continue to use your factory hood struts? The only guys i have ever heard complain about cracking along the edges is the TA guys. I know a couple guys that have one for a camaro one and love it. It's a completely different design for the camaro...so technically you can't even compare the two. I had a slight problem with mine due to the fact the factory struts were causing visible imperfections on the top side of the hood. Within a few days of swapping out for weaker ones the imperfections went away. Probably the only time i woud ever say that the fiberglass shape shifting was a good thing. If anything Mecham should be bashed for telling people there hoods work with existing hardware. They don't. Struts requiring less force to close are definatly a must. Best way to avoid it all to gether is to do the ol broom stick mod. I would acctually recomend weaker struts on any fiberglass hood. Just to be safe.

Last edited by FloridaZ; 01-24-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Originally Posted by matt6822

I had that hood on my work table late this after noon Getting ready to mold off the hood scoop section only to tranfer to a stock metal hood for design change and building of new mold. What a mess, I counted 17 strees cracks on each side of the hood's side edges. Not to mention all the stress cracks that are all over the hood. Your sure you were not in a minor crash before we traded hoods? Rex
Old 01-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Launching!

No, the only accident I was involved in was when I gave Mecham my order for his junk! That was a mistake that cost me almost 2 grand. But I have a feeling that soon all that will change! Keep me posted Rex, your ram air hood is holding up just fine.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rex orr
I had that hood on my work table late this after noon Getting ready to mold off the hood scoop section only to tranfer to a stock metal hood for design change and building of new mold. What a mess, I counted 17 strees cracks on each side of the hood's side edges. Not to mention all the stress cracks that are all over the hood. Your sure you were not in a minor crash before we traded hoods? Rex
Rex, will you make a non-ramair hood with heat extractors for an '02 Camaro?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 AM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Rex, will you make a non-ramair hood with heat extractors for an '02 Camaro?
Hello Yes we awill be soon doing this hood with out the ram air opening for the 93-97 and 98-02 model cars. Might take me a little while but it will be right and as correct as I can manufacture them Rex
Old 01-25-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rex orr
Hello Yes we awill be soon doing this hood with out the ram air opening for the 93-97 and 98-02 model cars. Might take me a little while but it will be right and as correct as I can manufacture them Rex
Thank you. I am very interested in this. Please drop me a PM when its available. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you. I am very interested in this. Please drop me a PM when its available. Thanks!
Yes, I am also interested. Shoot me a P.M. with details when they are ready.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

What happened? Is the hood being manufactured yet? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Out of curiosity, why don't you want the ram air?

Quick Reply: Who makes a non-ramair hood, with heat extractors, for an '02 Z28?