Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: How should I tint my windshield?
35% to 50%
63.33%
5% Top and Bottom Strips
4.44%
Neither
32.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

For my windshield tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucas'02SS
Again, different laws for diff states. OK doesn't have tint laws anymore, but some states say you can't change any of the tint.
We live in the same state. And mine, and hundreds of other cars have the side windows tinted. Maybe im missing something..
Old 04-14-2007, 03:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

nothing
Old 04-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
The reason other shops don't do it is one of two things: 1) It's illegal, or 2) They have morals.
Morals? lmfao You make it sound like an absolutely heinous crime.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow! I'm surprised this thread has held up this long! I appreciate everyone pitching in their opinions on this. Thanks for the pictures Eddie and Scott. I'm about three weeks from getting my car tinted. I believe I have decided on 15% all around, and either 15% or 10% for the top of the windshield

update: I'm starting to think about 10% all around instead. I'm not sure if 15 will keep people from seeing me under the sun

Last edited by candlelit; 04-24-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my setup:
Side Windows - 5%
Back Hatch - 5%
Windshield - 35%

My Opinions:
I live in Chicago, and visibility is great with the city lights but when I drive into the suburbs or rural areas, visibility is limited. Great for sunny days though!!!!! It looks mean as hell too! Strips? No. 50% tint? Don't even bother. To me, 50% wouldn't be that much of a change at all.

Cops:
I've had these bad boys for about a year and only been pulled over once. He didn't give me a ticket but just kept admiring the car. I did get pulled over last week and the dude gave me a ticket. I think I got pulled over because it was 2 in the morning and there were police everywhere. I think something was going down. I gotta go to court with pictures of the car without tint. Good thing my buddy has a Trans Am also with no tint.

Stickers and Registration ****:
I bought this thing called Wind"SHIELD". Anyone who has taken off a city sticker knows its a pain the ***! The best way I could describe it is to picture a clear film, like screen protectors for the PSP or Ipod. You adhere your City Sticker on to it and stick the film on the window. Its sticky but you can pull it off with no problem.

- James
Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does anyone know if there are different levels of "reflective-ness" on metalic/reflective tint? I would think that a 50-45% metalic tint would be perfect for a windshield. The only reason I wouldn't do it on the whole car is the "mirror look" I don't really care for...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Thats what I have on both my cars, 45% semi-metallic on the entire windshield. It isn't really reflective at all. It just looks like there is glare permanantly on the windshield from the outside but inside you can see right through it just fine. The only time its tough to see out is during a rainstorm at night in rural or poorly lit areas. Just make sure you've got good headlights and you'll be fine.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Its been done, its been talked about, it looks good and ur car will still be drivable. U know risks blah blah blah, if its the what you want do it. I say do the whole windshield though, looks cleaner.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NU_BLUE
Where are ya'll from that they let you tint the entire windshield?
Many states have a medical waiver for people that need darker tint for medical conditions. Astigmatism like I have is one for instance.

Quick Reply: For my windshield tint