Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tropi-Care- your new car care product sponsor

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tropi-Care- your new car care product sponsor

We became official sponsors yesterday. You may have seen or know us on some of the other LSx.com forums.

At Tropi-Care, we offer a complete product line for cleaning/treating all interior and exterior surfaces including all Korean-made microfiber towels and foam applicators, specialty-detail brushes, and Porter Cable 7424 buffers with Lake Country accessories. See our complete product line at www.tropi-care.com. Got questions? Ask away.

Examples of our completed details can seen on our photo gallery at www.tropi-care.com

We have a number of support staff who are current members of this forum.
Tropi-Care Chris
Tropi-Care Jason
Cody 99TA
ls1pwrdss-Nick
Toxic_WS6-Ray
jargan04-Bret

Feel free to contact us with your questions about our detail products. Reach us at steve@tropi-care.com, PM, or call toll-free at (866)341-0050.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

cool, good to see a sponsor detail product oriented
Old 03-07-2007, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

We're glad to be here and look forward to helping everyone out!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tell us about your products...what do they offer over other options available to us.

WOW us..that is what I am getting at. Not interested in pics....just facts.
Dave
Old 03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome, guys!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
Tell us about your products...what do they offer over other options available to us.

WOW us..that is what I am getting at. Not interested in pics....just facts.
Dave
Dave:

You're right. Pics only tell a portion of the story. I'm a hands on type guy. I personally prefer to look at the paint surface in person from 12-18" to see what's really happening on the surface. Camera angles, lighting conditions, and photo subject distance all affect what we see.

That's why we just started our 2 ounce sample offer just today. Check out full details in this newly posted Tropi-Care sample thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/671655-tropi-care-sample-offer-spring-07-here.html

In a nut shell, we offer products for the entire detail process (PCs,brushes, microfibers, foam pad products) in a 1-stop shopping environment. Our proprietary formula products are straight forward and easy to use and we have many TC support members on here to answer questions quickly. You'll achieve professional looking results with these products.

Last edited by Steve@Tropi-Care; 03-07-2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: adding text
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Welcome, guys!

Thanks Zane! Let me know if there is anything we can do for you
Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

A quick technical question. I am currently using Menzerna Intensive polish, final polish and FMJ and love it. The things I like about Menzerna are that they are water soluable, and that the two polishes don't actually leave any residue behind. Being water soluable is great because after I do the intense polish, I don't worry too much about how well I wipe down the car, because a simple washing will eliminate all of the residual that I might miss. Also, being a true polish, it isn't leaving anything behind on the paint that can be washed away or discolor.

Can you possibly go into some more in depth explanation of your products? Does the polish work in a similar fashion that it actually removes a very thin layer rather than fill in the surface imperfections.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2007, 02:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
A quick technical question. I am currently using Menzerna Intensive polish, final polish and FMJ and love it. The things I like about Menzerna are that they are water soluable, and that the two polishes don't actually leave any residue behind. Being water soluable is great because after I do the intense polish, I don't worry too much about how well I wipe down the car, because a simple washing will eliminate all of the residual that I might miss. Also, being a true polish, it isn't leaving anything behind on the paint that can be washed away or discolor.

Can you possibly go into some more in depth explanation of your products? Does the polish work in a similar fashion that it actually removes a very thin layer rather than fill in the surface imperfections.

Thanks
The TC-3 Polish/Sealant xP is a water based polymer product which has no physical abrasive quality in its make up. It will not fill in or remove any surface blemishes or ultra fine scratches. It can be applied by hand or PC equivalent using moist black or blue finishing foam pad. Flashing quickly with its light haze, once it dries, it is easily removed with a microfiber bonnet over an orange foam pad on the PC or microfiber polishing towel by hand.

As for how many applications is necessary, it is a matter of personal preference. My personal rule of thumb for my vehicles: If it doesn't have the gloss or slickness I've been accustomed to seeing or feeling, I just do another application on a clean wax-free surface with the PC. One product: No guess work needed. I can do application to removal in under an hour. Some of us will be more fanatical about the finish than others. I have heard it described as "the durability of a sealant with the depth of a carnauba wax."

Now for the TC-8 Swirl Cutter-a "cutting" micro abrasive (equivalent to 3000 wet/dry-grit) product which may be used by hand or machine for the removal of ultra fine scratches and swirl marks/holograms. Its best performance can be seen with the PC equipped with an orange cutting/polishing foam pad at speed 5-6. Now if you're trying to use this product for removal of scratches in the range of 1500-2500 grit, this product is not designed for cutting ability of this nature. It may be necessary use a yellow pad on the PC or even rotary polisher by an experienced user prior to using this product.

These products are available through our sample offer in this forum for testing and evaluation.

This is the time to take advantage for a fraction of retail.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Out-freaking-standing! Welcome to the site!

-Mike
Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

great products! still using a bucket full of products i bought just around a year ago!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome!

I really liked the TC line, the first time I used it!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great to hear TC has made it onto LS1tech. Contact myself or your local distributor if you have any questions about the product or wish to place an order.

-Brian D.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good to see TC here. I was wondering when our forum would be graced by the presence of a detailing sponsor! I've already placed my order for the sample package. If it lives up to all the good things I've heard (and I'm sure it will), I'll be a Megs/TC guy for sure!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

for you guys in gals in louisiana, mississippi, alabama
please feel free to contact me
im here to help for the southern states with all of your tropicare needs.
504 343 6743
www.needforspeedperformanceanddetailing.com
any questions im here to help
thanks nick
Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
FormerVendor

Anyone in the Austin Texas area that would like a demonstration/teaching session with the Tropi-Care product line and especially the Porter Cable buffer, feel free to shoot me a PM. I will be more than happy to show you just how easy our products are to use.

Chris
Old 03-07-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tropi-Care Chris
Anyone in the Austin Texas area that would like a demonstration/teaching session with the Tropi-Care product line and especially the Porter Cable buffer, feel free to shoot me a PM. I will be more than happy to show you just how easy our products are to use.

Chris
same goes for me in the new orleans area
Old 03-07-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ditto in the New Jersey/Metro NY area
Old 03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

sweet .. new toys ..

welcome guys ..

Old 03-08-2007, 01:58 AM
TECH Addict

WELCOME Tropi-Care!!! Cant wait to try your products.......

Quick Reply: Tropi-Care- your new car care product sponsor