Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VFN Customer Appreciation Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll throw my .02 in the mix... couldn't be happier..

Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Can the LT1 come in?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DroppedM6Z

Can the LT1 come in?
If it brings more pics of that bad *** car
Old 03-12-2007, 07:49 AM
9 Second Club

Here are a couple of pics of my pin-on. BUT..............
I'll be the odd one and say I would never buy anything else from them again. They told me 5-6 weeks, it took just short of 2 months to get it delivered. I was lied to 3 weeks in a row saying it would be shipped out by the end of those weeks. Customer service and general service attitiude is probably around the worst I've ever had to deal with.
That's my experience with them.
Yours cars all look great.

-Mark
Attached Thumbnails VFN Customer Appreciation Gallery-hoodin1.jpg   VFN Customer Appreciation Gallery-hoodin2.jpg   VFN Customer Appreciation Gallery-hoodin3.jpg  
Old 03-12-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tektrans
I'll be the odd one and say I would never buy anything else from them again. They told me 5-6 weeks, it took just short of 2 months to get it delivered. I was lied to 3 weeks in a row saying it would be shipped out by the end of those weeks. Customer service and general service attitiude is probably around the worst I've ever had to deal with.

-Mark
When did this all happen? I only ask because VFN has probably the best support for their customers. I can't see them blatantly lying to your face like that.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

You made this thread just to taunt us without the VFN hoods! I was really about to order myself a VFN Sunoco hood, but for the fact that it will take weeks to recieve I am going to stick with the SS hood..
Old 03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by The Black Pearl
You made this thread just to taunt us without the VFN hoods! I was really about to order myself a VFN Sunoco hood, but for the fact that it will take weeks to recieve I am going to stick with the SS hood..

If you live around Chicago, here is a new one for sale that you dont have to wait for.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/673773-fs-local-chicagoland-vfn-sunoco-hood.html
Old 03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

-Mark

Wow, that is not like VFN at all. I don't get it, also in my head 6 weeks and 2 months are only 2 weeks difference. So if it took just short of 2 months that is less than 2 weeks. So add in the time to deliver AFTER the six weeks it takes to make it (per their quote) and we are talking a matter of just a few days depending on how far it was shipped.

It sucks that you had a bad experience, sorry to hear that.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Wow, that is not like VFN at all. I don't get it, also in my head 6 weeks and 2 months are only 2 weeks difference. So if it took just short of 2 months that is less than 2 weeks. So add in the time to deliver AFTER the six weeks it takes to make it (per their quote) and we are talking a matter of just a few days depending on how far it was shipped.

It sucks that you had a bad experience, sorry to hear that.

It wasn't like that, I called them at about the 5 week mark, they told me it was shipping at the end of the week, I called the fabricator and made an appointment to have it mounted, the next week, no hood, I called and they said it would ship by the end of the week. Next week, no hood they call on like a thurs and ask if I want the grilles cut out, I said it's supposed to be here already and you're just askin me this now?? I then spoke to a couple of different managers, at least they said they were and 2 of the 3 were nasty on the phone.
I finally got it the following week. Missed my appointment, had already sold my other hood and I couldn't even drive the thing out to the shop to get some other parts put in that I had bought. They totally screwed my whole sh*t up, what a mess. The fabricator then couldn't fit me in so I wound up putting it in myself.
Anyone that knows me will tell you that I'm a very reasonable guy but VFN definately did not do the right thing by me.
They said they would discount my next order, next order??...yeah right.
The worst part is, it doesn't even fit that great, way too narrow by the front of both fenders, spacing toward the back was right on but not the front.
Sorry for the long post but it's a long story.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wasn't like that, I called them at about the 5 week mark, they told me it was shipping at the end of the week, I called the fabricator and made an appointment to have it mounted, the next week, no hood, I called and they said it would ship by the end of the week. Next week, no hood they call on like a thurs and ask if I want the grilles cut out, I said it's supposed to be here already and you're just askin me this now?? I then spoke to a couple of different managers, at least they said they were and 2 of the 3 were nasty on the phone.
I finally got it the following week. Missed my appointment, had already sold my other hood and I couldn't even drive the thing out to the shop to get some other parts put in that I had bought. They totally screwed my whole sh*t up, what a mess. The fabricator then couldn't fit me in so I wound up putting it in myself.
Anyone that knows me will tell you that I'm a very reasonable guy but VFN definately did not do the right thing by me.
They said they would discount my next order, next order??...yeah right.
The worst part is, it doesn't even fit that great, way too narrow by the front of both fenders, spacing toward the back was right on but not the front.
Sorry for the long post but it's a long story.
Well, as far as fitment is concerned, if it's not fitting right, you really should contact them. My hood fit like a glove and looks damn near perfect. I know you don't want to deal with them again, from what your saying, but if it's really that off, you should let them do the right thing. I'm sure you won't regret it!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Well, as far as fitment is concerned, if it's not fitting right, you really should contact them. My hood fit like a glove and looks damn near perfect. I know you don't want to deal with them again, from what your saying, but if it's really that off, you should let them do the right thing. I'm sure you won't regret it!
I hear ya thanks but at this point the race season is starting and it's just more important to me to get to the track and run the car than it is for the hood to fit perfectly. I've mounted it and painted it and it's VERY light which is the main reason I bought it in the first place. The stock hood looked MUCH better but I wanted something lighter.
I even ran a new best of 10.38 a couple of weeks ago!!
Enough about my experience, don't wanna hijack the thread, there are some amazing looking cars in this thread and I'd rather read about them and see some more pics!!
Keep 'em coming.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

That really sucks to hear, I wish you had a better experience but I understand your frustration after hearing the story. I do agree with phantomzerO though, I wish that VFN had gotten a chance to make things right for you. I hope no one else has the same experience you did.

BTW, congrats on that 10.38! At that speed I couldn't see the hood anyways!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Old 03-12-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The fitment was great on my WS6 style hood. The finish/gel coat was great too. I didn't like like how flimsy it was on the flat areas. You could push it in real easy. Other than that, it was solid. I got rid of that hood pretty quick though. It wasn't exactly a replica of the OEM hoods. It was too flat and blended in by the back of the humps. You'll see in the pic below. OEM is much better defined and aggressive. If I had a Camaro, I'd definately buy a Sunoco hood thought

Old 03-12-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

any lt1 t/a's with the 4" ram air hood? im thinking about getting it and wanted to see what it looked like on the car if i could so if you have a pic of one or your car has one post pics plz.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll get one as soon as i get over the hump and get my TC
Old 03-13-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reject
i'll get one as soon as i get over the hump and get my TC
Since when is buying a Scion more important?

I got my eyes on one of these Sunoco's in the very near future.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^DAMN...thats one of the best looking LT1 Camaro I've ever seen!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
^^^DAMN...thats one of the best looking LT1 Camaro I've ever seen!!!
I agree 100%!

Quick Reply: VFN Customer Appreciation Gallery