Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Finally got my ss hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never seen the SS hood cut like that before. Definitely not worth what they're asking. I know you have an obligation to buy it now that you've won the bid, but following through could be a $500 mistake.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
The"fully functional" hood scoop is in fact "functional" as it does allow air to enter through the hood, where the air goes from there has nothing to do with the scoop itself. It does not claim to be a ram air hood at all so what is bullshit about that claim?
Dude, what are you smoking? For that hood scoop to be "fully" functional, as they "claim" it would have to function as it was designed to. Which, obviously, it's not going to do. In addition to that, they "claim" that their "modifications" will "make it even more functional?" Are you honestly gonna tell me that's not bullshit? Plus, they "claim" that the hood can be "easily fixed up to mint condition." Of course, there's no mention of the "donor hood" that would be needed from which one could get the necessary parts to graft onto the first hood. I also read that they guarantee their parts to be in good working condition. I guess that's debatable.

Granted, the buyer should have known a lot more about the product he was trying to purchase and he may be stuck with it but, I don't see how you can say that those claims aren't bullshit. I guess that hood would be fine for a V6 or Z28 that doesn't need a "fully functional" hood scoop. But, I wouldn't put that crap on my car.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
Dude, what are you smoking? For that hood scoop to be "fully" functional, as they "claim" it would have to function as it was designed to. Which, obviously, it's not going to do. In addition to that, they "claim" that their "modifications" will "make it even more functional?" Are you honestly gonna tell me that's not bullshit? Plus, they "claim" that the hood can be "easily fixed up to mint condition." Of course, there's no mention of the "donor hood" that would be needed from which one could get the necessary parts to graft onto the first hood. I also read that they guarantee their parts to be in good working condition. I guess that's debatable.

Granted, the buyer should have known a lot more about the product he was trying to purchase and he may be stuck with it but, I don't see how you can say that those claims aren't bullshit. I guess that hood would be fine for a V6 or Z28 that doesn't need a "fully functional" hood scoop. But, I wouldn't put that crap on my car.
The claims are bullshit to me, they are bullshit to you, they might even be bullshit to the buyer now, but that doesn't change the fact that unless Ebay thinks the claims are bullshit, then he will be stuck with it.

For example, I want to see the quote from that sale that says ANYWHERE that the hood scoop functions "as designed", you are basing your opinion on your interpretation of "functional" not the way Ebay and the seller will base it. As anyone who has been sold a bill of goods on ebay can tell you, it is all about what EXACTLY is said or claimed, and whether or not the buyer asked any questions about the item in question, not in any way shape or form based upon what you THINK you are getting or how you THINK it should work when you get it. Being vague is how half of the people on ebay sell their garbage i the first place. Hence the "Easily fixed up to mint condition" claim, easy for who?

I agree that what the seller did was bullshit, but I also was approaching it like ebay and the seller will, and that is to say tough ****, buyer should have asked questions and done more research. I am not arguing your logic, I am just stating that many, many sellers on ebay get away with this **** because of how they word it on the add.

I also agree with you that I would not put it on any car that I own.

Just trying to be realistic, and IMO NOT paying after the buyer agreed to do so, (unless he can prove that he was mislead, which I doubt), is just as bad as the sellers bullshit anyway. So why is one "deception" OK but not the other?

[/Rant]
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
I've never seen the SS hood cut like that before. Definitely not worth what they're asking. I know you have an obligation to buy it now that you've won the bid, but following through could be a $500 mistake.
When you run certain supercharger kits you have to cutthe SS hood like that
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

first of all, i found this hood about a couple of minutes b4 it ended, so i didnt get a good chance to see the pics. i read the description and believed what they said. second, i saw that it was only a couple of hours away from where i live, so that made me very happy. i have been lookin for an oem hood everywhere and this is the cheapest i could find.
for those of you who said that ebay is fraud, it is not. I have bought multiple times off of ebay and also sold on ebay. this is the first major problem i have ever had. the seller is a powerseller and has a feedback in the thousands. the description is bogus. not only did they not say that the ram air was cut, but they also said that it is fully functional, which is a lie. they also try to cover it up by saying that it makes the hood more functional, which is an even bigger lie.
i didnt realize that the hood was chopped up until the first person pointed it out. if i knew b4 hand, i would have never bought it. if they would have described it, i would have known and not bought it. ebay's policy is to describe everything about the item and its defects, and as a seller if you dont do that, then that is the sellers fault. so hopefully ebay will understand my claim.
BTW, how much would it cost to cover those cuts up like with fiberglass or weld a piece of metal over it?? just in case i get stuck with the hood.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can not weld to it. Doubt it's worth fixing with fiberglass. It'll still look like crap.
eBay is not fraud. Some sellers & buyers are.
Has the seller replied with any info yet as to whether you can back out or not?
Offer to pay a small fee to cover the ebay fees & let him keep it.
Then chalk it up to mis-communiciation & try again with a better product.

Last edited by PontiacFan; 03-14-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good news. i called the seller and he agreed to cancel the order. but he also agreed that his ebay auction was inaccurate and didnt know that hood was not functional.
wow, thats like a big boulder off my shoulder. i feel so much better now.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Glad to hear that!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

congrats
Old 03-14-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Good to hear everything worked out. Ebay is a great place to find cheap items but you need to be sure to read the descriptions over and over and look hard at the pictures.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I saw a oem SS hood the other day for $500 and mint condition! I just have to find it!
Old 03-14-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

you are basing your opinion on your interpretation of "functional"
If he didn't want it "interpreted" that way, he shouldn't have used the phrase OEM, imo.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Yahelou
Good news. i called the seller and he agreed to cancel the order. but he also agreed that his ebay auction was inaccurate and didnt know that hood was not functional.
wow, thats like a big boulder off my shoulder. i feel so much better now.

He knew it. He's just trying to find a sucker to buy it.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

It looked like the underside was cut out to fit a vortech kit in there.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ulySSes
He knew it. He's just trying to find a sucker to buy it.
Exactly.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

shafted, VFN you could have gotten a better hood for same price
Old 03-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
If he didn't want it "interpreted" that way, he shouldn't have used the phrase OEM, imo.
Yeah, I guess you are right. Pretty shady deal, I am glad he got out of it.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, I guess you are right. Pretty shady deal, I am glad he got out of it.
Agreed, especially since that seller could have said " too late " and screwed him. Of course he could have just not paid and gotten a negative feedback but hey

Quick Reply: Finally got my ss hood