Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

*Pic* Of My New VFN WS6 Hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default *Pic* Of My New VFN WS6 Hood

thanks to the help of CrawlinWS6 (Jay) and 6spd97ta (Jim) They helped with the install of the hood.

This is a rough pic, it was taken from Jim's Razr phone.. Not bad. And when i was not looking they put stickers on the car

Anyways hope ya like it. Some gaps need to addressed.. By the headlights and towards the bottom of the both front quarter panel

**BEFORE**

**AFTER

Last edited by TORCHD 02 TA; 04-07-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

You need to notch out your hood hinges and get those corners lowered. Otherwise though, it looks pretty amazing, +1 for vfn. Hit up the thread in my sig with your comments!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
You need to notch out your hood hinges and get those corners lowered. Otherwise though, it looks pretty amazing, +1 for vfn. Hit up the thread in my sig with your comments!!!

ahhhh i was hoping that you would comment umm as far as the nostrils go, Jim dremeled them for me on Monday... the only way to lower the corners is a heat gun to warm up the material, and hold it down with tape to train.. That is what i have heard???????????? How else do you adjsut for the gaps?????

EDIT: did you use both your hood struts? Or did you go with after market ones? Currently i am using 1 hood strut...
Old 03-21-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm using both of mine with no trouble at all. As far as unsing a heat gun, that should not be necessary. On your hinges (where the hood is mounted to the car) you need to take the hood off. Take a drill and make the holes for the bolts bigger. Make a reaaaaly big hole, so you can adjust the hood up,down,left and right. You're going to put the hood back on, but only finger tighten the bolts and nuts. Next, lower the little black hood bumpers that are on both corners of your front bumper. Set the hood down make sure your gaps are correct, and sllllooooowwwwwwwly raise the hood back up. Put pressure on the "nose" of the hood where the nostrils start. Only raise it about 1 foot, or enough for a friend to reach his hand in and tighten the bolts. Placing pressure on the front will keep the hood in its place. You will need to adjust the hood bumpers since you just lowered them. They may both not be the same height, just so you you know. Also, changing the setting of one side will affect the other, so you will be going back and forth constantly.

Good luck, its a real bitch. Just take your time, and if you have any trouble call VFN, they will be pretty helpful. If I have time tomorrow ill take pictures of my hinges so you can see more accurately what needs to be done.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm using both of mine with no trouble at all. As far as unsing a heat gun, that should not be necessary. On your hinges (where the hood is mounted to the car) you need to take the hood off. Take a drill and make the holes for the bolts bigger. Make a reaaaaly big hole, so you can adjust the hood up,down,left and right. You're going to put the hood back on, but only finger tighten the bolts and nuts. Next, lower the little black hood bumpers that are on both corners of your front bumper. Set the hood down make sure your gaps are correct, and sllllooooowwwwwwwly raise the hood back up. Put pressure on the "nose" of the hood where the nostrils start. Only raise it about 1 foot, or enough for a friend to reach his hand in and tighten the bolts. Placing pressure on the front will keep the hood in its place. You will need to adjust the hood bumpers since you just lowered them. They may both not be the same height, just so you you know. Also, changing the setting of one side will affect the other, so you will be going back and forth constantly.

Good luck, its a real bitch. Just take your time, and if you have any trouble call VFN, they will be pretty helpful. If I have time tomorrow ill take pictures of my hinges so you can see more accurately what needs to be done.

**** man you want to help me LOL i never messed with the stock bumpers and they were not hitting at all..
Old 03-21-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Like I said in the VFN thread. Since you live so close Id be willing to bet that Armando would help you out with fitting it. Im gonna be pretty busy for the next few weeks, but I would totally help if I had the time to do so.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like I said in the VFN thread. Since you live so close Id be willing to bet that Armando would help you out with fitting it. Im gonna be pretty busy for the next few weeks, but I would totally help if I had the time to do so.

i posted on your VFN thread for ya
Old 03-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, I really want to get a VFN hood, but Im worried about fitment problems like the one shown in this thread. I wouldnt know how to adjust that. Are all hoods that far off on EVERY car?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 98BADAZZTA
See, I really want to get a VFN hood, but Im worried about fitment problems like the one shown in this thread. I wouldnt know how to adjust that. Are all hoods that far off on EVERY car?
You have to understand that the hood isn't "off". Just for an example: If you go to GM and buy an OEM hood you will still have to adjust it as much as an aftermarket hood. Everything needs to be aligned for proper fitment. I can tell you honestly that the hood looks perfect once you align it fully. Check the VFN Appreciation thread "link in my sig" for tons of pics of vfn's products.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

with some work it can be adjsuted i think.. But i need someone who know how to do this....

so phantom you can help me i nominate you
Old 03-21-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet! Another race car with a black hood in chi town
Old 03-21-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Luna
Sweet! Another race car with a black hood in chi town

sooooooooooo
Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

VFN shot me a PM to tell me that the will personally help me align the hood... You can not beat that
Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
VFN shot me a PM to tell me that the will personally help me align the hood... You can not beat that
that right there is awesome customer service!

+12304987235982 for VFN!
Old 03-22-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

I knew it, VFN for the damn win. How can you beat customer service like that?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA

damn, thats some great F'n service....and you didn't even have to ask. thats the way business should be handled

hood looks great btw
Old 03-22-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys.. Like i said that was customer service at the fines. Armando also called and left me VM telling me the days that he is available..

Thanks Armando if you are reading this. I will PM you and call you to confirm...
Old 03-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

I just saw his car a few hours ago and the hood looks sweet. Maybe you should just paint it black. It has a mean look to it coming around the corner and heading towards you. Nice choice!

Thanks again for taking care of that squeak in my exhaust. NOW.... my stock SLP sounds better then your GMMG
Old 03-23-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

looks good
Old 03-23-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Veteran

post pics once you get in nicely aligned!!

Quick Reply: *Pic* Of My New VFN WS6 Hood