Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Appearance Wishlists... Post'em up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Appearance Wishlists... Post'em up!

Alright, this maybe a dumb idea for a thread but f@wk it, I'm bored !!!

To participate in this thread post up a CURRENT (exterior/interior) picture of your car and then list what APPEARANCE (exterior/interior) mods you WILL DO TO IT (this is not a DREAM list, post only mods that your car truely has in it's future, not the place for, "I want to put Dick Harrel fenders on my car..." kind of BS...)!!!

I'll start her off... Here she is as she sits:

I plan to get the hood painted NBM and then have satin black side stripes with a black/chrome outlined "346" emblems on the side of the scoop:

Here's the slightly hazed headlights she has now and yellow-ish aftermarket fogs:

I plan to keep the fog housings but put true-white light Xenon bulbs in them and get projectors for the headlights like these (but have the LED's removed and smoothed, paint the inside a darker low-gloss black and make the Halos BLUE and only come on when the Nitrous is armed ) :

Here's the rear:

As soon as I find one I am putting a CME on the back like this one (custom exhaust like this one but not molded in CME valance, just regular valance):

Here's the interior as it is now:

The red switch under the shifter for the Nitrous is getting replaced with a WOT switch and the in-dash DVD player is coming out for a Double DIN and modified trim panel:

It is going to get Ebony front seat belts (already have the back) and the guides will either be permanently attached to the seat or to the rollbar, Ebony Carpet, Ebony SLP Performance floor mats, Eboy trim around the vents, gauge cluster and radio, Ebony center console with black leather for the console lid and MAYBE black leather boots for the shifter and e-brake...

The seats are getting dropped down with custom brackets (already done actually)...

It is also getting charcoal leather door panels ouf of a 93-96 Camaro and all the matching interior panels (it is slightly darker than the grey in my 1998 but not ebony so that it doesn't look weird with a dark grey dash)...

Here's a night shot:

It already has white LED's and Blue LED lighting (HVAC as well, not seen in the above older picture) but the gauge cluster is getting altered to be brighter...

Here's the engine bay:

It still needs the wire mod done and some cleaning but it is pretty much as good as it is going to get...

I also plan to get some stainless steel brake lines, re-paint red and clear my calipers and install drilled and slotted rotors:

All of this I plan to have done before 2008... Then I will be done with my car's exterior and interior (except maintenance/repairs).

I have already finished suspension (Koni DA's all around, Eibach Springs, BMR Boxed SFC's + LCA's + Panhard rod, Strano 35mm Hollow Front Swaybay and 21mm Rear and 4pt Rollbar)...

...and will be finishing exhaust within two weeks (not including CME, I am cutting the flanges off of my ported MAC's to install higher flowing 3" V-Clamps and having a custom mandrel bent dual 3" into 4" y-pipe made to connect to my 4" Mufflex with Spintech muffler and dual 3" out)...

So then I will be able to move on to more performance mods (right now I have the exhaust, nitrous and SLP lid, bellow, ported TB and LS6 intake... I'll be adding tranny, converter, cam and gears... MAYBE heads)

Who's next? Don't forget to post pics of the future mods as well when you can because...
Old 04-17-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah..... where to start.

I almost never have current pictures anymore lol. I'm modding my car constantly. So I guess I can't participate
Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey demonbird... just my 2 cents... but i think you should keep those fogs the way they are... i think thats really original the way you did that and it almost makes it look a little nastalgic like the old 69 SS front facia with the yellow fogs in it... if you know wha ti mean... i think it looks mean like that... but like i said its just my 2 cents... i like subtle reminders of where these cars actually came from on cars like im putting a '79 bird on the back of my instead of the gay lt1 style birds that looks stupid... just an idea buddy... car is awsome... i dont htink you have to much more to do on that.... awsome car...
Old 04-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by transmaro93
hey demonbird... just my 2 cents... but i think you should keep those fogs the way they are... i think thats really original the way you did that and it almost makes it look a little nastalgic like the old 69 SS front facia with the yellow fogs in it... if you know wha ti mean... i think it looks mean like that... but like i said its just my 2 cents... i like subtle reminders of where these cars actually came from on cars like im putting a '79 bird on the back of my instead of the gay lt1 style birds that looks stupid... just an idea buddy... car is awsome... i dont htink you have to much more to do on that.... awsome car...
Thanks for the compliments ! Fogs are definetly LAST on the list... I'm keeping the housings for the retro look but have a spare set I plan to play with the bulbs on... IF I ever get around to it which I haven't in over a year
Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

Car as it sits on the exterior It is a pearl blue/black that I dislike

This is the interior as of now The red isn't staying demonbird as you stated you disliked it in another thread, so save your energy from typing that

Exterior Plans
-Well since I have 2 C5 Z06 rims in black from my wrecked LT1 I'm just gonna save money and buy two more and throw those on my ride. I may paint the silver lip black because I dislike it.
-Getting a set of black ZR-1s 17x9.5 and 17x11 for autoXing and throwing BFGoodrich g-Force R1s on there.
-VFN WS9 Outlaw Hood
-HID Foglights
-E46 Projectors in headlights
-Painting it. Either Nassau Blue or a Lambo color Viola Ophelia a.k.a. The color of Bam's Lambo.
-Complete Ceta Mod-Rear Valence and B-pillar
-WS9 Emblem

Interior Plans
-Double Din in-dahs DVD Head Unit
-White LEDs in map and dome lights
-Matching exterior color LEDs in the door lights
-Camaro Gauge cluster with matching exterior LEDs.
-Replacing the Mats, shift boot, and e-brake boots to match the exterior color.
-Getting the seats re-upholstered with better leather. Black with inserts matching the exterior color and stitching to match also.
-Door inserts to match exterior color with a pattern to match the seat inserts.
-Upgrade speakers, maybe do a stealth box.
-If I feel like risking it I'm going to use all this carbon fiber i have laying around and attempt to wrap some of the interior pieces in it.
-Oh yea I'm gonna put my sirius sat radio back in the center console and try to find a place for my MSD Dashawk...maybe the center console storage area.

Plan to do this within the next 6 months.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

GOD DEMONBIRD i love your car!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah man... im not really a fan of NBM, but thats one car id LOVE to own (even without all the go fast stuff)
Old 04-17-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

here is the car as she sits... literally, blown head gasket courtesy of a bastard machine shop **** up .....

i want a sunoco hood, gloss black berger panel, slp grille, chrome letters in the berger panel, either classic or Z06 style Z28 badges (undecided), and the wing.... not sure if i wanna follow the crowd and put a ss wing on, leave it alone, or put a mecham wing on it... inputs are welcome.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

good idea DEMONBIRD!

My post is going to be slightly different if you don't mind...

Here's my car as it sits now:

Here's what it will look like within the next 2 months:

(I'm pretty sure I found this picture on tech, not sure of owner, I save so many sick looking cars...sorry)

(this is my best friends car)

Basically, I am going to be getting a WS.6 within the next few weeks, preferably NBM, but white and black are the other two options. I've already got a buyer for my car. I will be selling it bone stock. I will be keeping my suspenion and wheels and anyother bolt on part that will fit on my new car.

I'm so ready to upgrade. Hope I didn't overstep your rules DEMONBIRD, just figured I'd post up too since I'm looking forward to the change.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

dirtybird222....what shift boot and e-brake boot are those and where'd ya get em? I'm looking for some nifty interior additions
Old 04-18-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Future plans include sunoco hood, SS spoiler, Straino springs, debadge, and fill in the camaro letters in the rear.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Arachnotron

Future plans include sunoco hood, SS spoiler, Straino springs, debadge, and fill in the camaro letters in the rear.
your car is sick already.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I feel lazy, but I like this thread idea.

Exterior Mods done
-Tint all the way including windshield
-Tinted Corners
-Black housed halos
-C6 Z06 Hyper Silver Rims
-Polished calipers / Slotted & Cross drilled rotors
-CAMARO inserts
-Shorty Antenna
-!Grill, some like, some hate, meh
Exterior Mods left for this summer
-Lower with adjustable shocks

Interior Mods done
-CD Player?
-Shifter ****...
Interior Mods To Be Done This Summer
-Z28 Floor Mats
-New c6 shift ****

Performance Mods Done
H/C/I, Ported TB, ORY, GMMG, LID, Short Throw Shifter, UMI Suspension, Plugs, Wires, Underdrive Pully
Performance Mods Left This Summer
-Textralia Clutch
-Mamo Ported 90/90
Old 04-18-2007, 03:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine as of now.

As far as mods every piece of suspension from umi, Konis, Better hood most likely ws6, and to drop and ls1 and a t56. Nice simple but pricey list
Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

plans i have is a lowering kit, ss spoiler (coming in the mail), sso hood with carbon fiber blister (order it thursday), put my dragonz28 stainless z28 emblems on the back with slp emblem on left side, maybe 02 ss stripe kit (not for sure yet) and im thinkin ccw's or new z06's, maybe even prostars not decided, that should do it
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-18-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Arachnotron

nice car man

what kind of rims are those
Old 04-18-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats how it sits now...

what i want, either lowering kit, or beefier tire in rear to make up wheel gap
ccw 500 or iforged aeros
nitrous direct port
black front seats
i bought fuel rail covers and air lid 35th anniversary style
i bought silver gauges and bezel
and 3 gauges for the a pillar pod
i think that about covers it
Old 04-18-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28SS
nice car man

what kind of rims are those

Thanks, they are American racing Torq Thrust II's.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

to start, heres the pics:

ok now for the changes:
-18" C6 wheels
-covette caliper conmversion (red calipers with retro z/28 decal)
-braided brake lines, drilled slotted rotors
-chrome stock style z28 tips
-!wire mod underhood
-custom FRCs (i already have them, i just need to start working on them)
-sunoco hood
-new headlights (either custom projectors or whistler modded ones)
-tint the windows (still undecided if i want to do this)
Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

As it sits now...

I'm gonna put a cowl hood on it it and 18" wheels on my Camaro SS, maybe a set of these in 18"

Quick Reply: Appearance Wishlists... Post'em up!