Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

The Damaged My Car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
lol, I never knew about the "DO NOT JACK HERE" thing, but ive always lifted my car by the subframes anyways.
Yea, it's stamped on the lower lip of the Fender where it Bolts to the bottom of the Car.
I bet atleast one of you is goin to look for it..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
^^ Me too. The SLP boxed connectors are good for something!
daymmmmmmn right!

btw...that sucks man! i'd definately get it done RIGHT though...no settlement!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Sorry, but asking them to paint the whole car is retarded... I agree they should have to put on new fenders and paint and blend what needs to be done.

When someone gets a new hood do they have to repaint the whole car for it to look right? Give me a break

Push your luck and the guy will tell you to go f@ck yourself and then you will end up two years down the road, $2000 out of pocket in small claims court and when the judge hears you turned down the guy's offer the replace the fenders and paint the front of the car he'll tell you to get the hell out of his courtroom and charge you court fees
I'm with ya, having them paint the entire care is a joke, they wont do it, they didnt' cause damage to the back of the car, so they should have to pay for it and won't. You get a lawyer, they get a lawyer, you go in and out of court pay for court time, and in the end you'll get the front of car painted and had to pay all those fee. Body shops pride themselves on matching paint and thats what the do, if you take it to a good shop.

So cut your losses, get a quote from a place you want to take the car to have them spray the hood and fenders and a blend on the door, and if you really need your car painted see if you can work a deal with the body shop guys.

Out of courosity, how old are you? No to be a dick but when I was 17-18 I use to get pissed off if a shop broke or scratched something. I'd get my panties in a twist and bitch and moan about how they should fix replace everythign that that part was around, (all in hopes to get something for free). I got no where and then felt like a tool bag if I had to bring my car back to them cause they know you're the ***** who complained about nothing and caused a head ache.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

I'm 22 years old and I work for the buisness that damaged my car, I talked to the boss today and he sounds like they are going to replace the fenders and repaint the whole car. SOM is a hard paint to feather in, thats why I want the whole car repainted.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Ouch that sucks. When i took my car in to get inspected the jacked mine up from those damn tabs too and broke them, but they bent in so you coulndnt tell and i didnt realize it until months later when i was under the car and noticed. Sucked cause there was nothing i could do by then
Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ryant430
I'm 22 years old and I work for the buisness that damaged my car, I talked to the boss today and he sounds like they are going to replace the fenders and repaint the whole car. SOM is a hard paint to feather in, thats why I want the whole car repainted.
If a painter can't get the doors/hood to match when replacing the fenders PLEASE find another painter. Yes, SOM is tough to match at times but the less paint work the better. As a general rule the less factory finish you break the better. Like I said there's NO reason to paint the entire car, a good painter can blend those doors and 90% of the public would never know.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frosty
If a painter can't get the doors/hood to match when replacing the fenders PLEASE find another painter. Yes, SOM is tough to match at times but the less paint work the better. As a general rule the less factory finish you break the better. Like I said there's NO reason to paint the entire car, a good painter can blend those doors and 90% of the public would never know.
I agree, a whole car done over is less appealing than the front resprayed with a blend.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Teching In

If it looks good after they blend it, great. But if not, they should paint the whole car then. Why should you have to drive around with a bad paint job because they messed up?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

OK. I have had this exact situation before. They needed to fix a flat on my car, so I figured they were knowledgable enough to jack up the entire car FROM THE FRAM not from the fender.

Well turns out the tire guy jacked up the car from the fender and bent it out.

I was pissed, even though the manager asked me "are you sure it wasn't like that before?" I told him that "I knew every mark on this car. Don't try to tell me that was there before."

I told them to fix it. They have insurance for this type of thing, do not go through your insurance which will raise your rates. They made a mistake (albiet moronic) that they must pay for. You can get the fenders fixed, it takes about $300 per fender from what I understand.

GET THEM TO FIX IT!!! And yell at the manager if he says they are not responsible, threaten to invoke legal action if necessary.

So, I take my car into to get brakes, lube change, new alternator, and PCM etc...Well they had the car for 3-4 days doing the work and somehow they managed to damage the unibody frame while lifting it etc...Well when they did that it bowed both front fenders out. The drivers side by 1 1/2 " and the passenger side by 1/4 " and it cracked the drivers side fender under the car about 4". So I bitched and they agreed to fix the car. Well, they bent the unibody (pinch weld) back straight and put braces on it. didn't replace any fenders and now everything is out of wack, nothing is lined up and where the fender matches up with the drivers side mirror is out of wack by like 1/2 " I talked to the boss again and he gave me to options, they will fix the car by putting two brand new fenders on it and then repainting the whole front half of the car and then feathering the paint on the doors to try to match the paint up. OR OPTION # 2 take $500 cash! Ok first off I want them to replace the fenders and then repaint the whole car so it matches. Or give me $2,000 cash. What do you guys think I should do? Should I report to my insurance company or something??
Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

$500? They might as well said "go **** yourself..."
Old 05-12-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
They should replace and paint your fenders and at least blend the doors. This should all be done by a shop of your choice though not theirs.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Well two new fenders are ordered should be in on monday, will see what it looks like and how long it takes.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Well, my car came back from the paint shop today and I seriously lost it! I almost started to cry it looks so bad, the paint is like 3 shades darker and they only painted the fenders! they didn't blend it or feather it at all, I don't even wanna look at it anymore. This has made me so sad and angry at the same time, I'm bringing in my father-in-law tomorrow to talk to my boss and settle this issue now.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

sucks man, sorry to hear about that. i would be seriously pissed if that were me.

i thought you said in an update that they are painting the entire car. i guess that plan changed?

keep in mind that different panels will look different on the car. it bothers me on my car too, but all camaros seem to have that. not saying that yours is the same thing, but sometimes you notice things after its fixed that you didnt notice before.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i really think legal action will needed to be taken with this situation.....that, and majorily picket that shop with a bunch of friends. They will eventually come around....bad press is the worst thing on a shop.

Try a local TV station (like our local NBC/CBS/FOX/ABC) news programs and tell them your situation.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

what happpend to painting the whole car??? sue them
Old 05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

They said they were gonna take care of it but they didn't, they seriously just sprayed the fenders and slapped them on. My friends joked about just having them put black flames on the front to cover up the horrible paint joob, which might just work.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, my car came back from the paint shop today and I seriously lost it! I almost started to cry it looks so bad, the paint is like 3 shades darker and they only painted the fenders! they didn't blend it or feather it at all, I don't even wanna look at it anymore. This has made me so sad and angry at the same time, I'm bringing in my father-in-law tomorrow to talk to my boss and settle this issue now.
That's horrible... Seriously, that is absolutley horrible .
Old 05-30-2007, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

The panel painted that color? What a bunch of toolbags. Seriously, raise hell like you've never raised hell before. That's not only shitty but it's VERY foolish on their part.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sears jacked up my SS on the fender 7 months ago. They threw away the security video tape as well. They refused to pay so we went to State Farm IC. Its been 7 months since state farm sued them and still no money. The longer they stay bent out the more damage will be caused to them.