Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

polished rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default polished rims

is there anything that i can put on my rims to keep them looking good....i just spent 2+hrs scrubbing them down with a grey scrubby and polish then renew polishing cloths then more polish at the end....everytime these things get wet they are a bytch to get clean again...any good polishes or sealers outthere.....btw eagle alloy 077 polishedfinish
Old 05-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same exact rims and I have yet to find anything to keep them clean. I have never seen a rim water-spot so bad.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

Is there any reason why people don't powdercoat polished rims or other pieces to give them some protection? All I've heard about is people putting a certain type of wax that is safe for the metal on for protection.
I am stripping and polishing some C5's to put on my dad's car, but it rains so much here that I don't really want to anymore. Was thinking about getting them powdercoated with a high gloss clear or some sort of transparent black if I keep them.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are sealants out there that will help you maintain your polished rims. The problem is I'm not sure of anyone on here who has used those type of products. However, the most typically mentioned item when it comes to sealing rims is "Zoop" Sealant. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Try Nano-polish, The **** Is Crazy Good

Quick Reply: polished rims