Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Total Recon: 2000 Kia Sportage. You won't believe it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total Recon: 2000 Kia Sportage. You won't believe it!

Hi guys. I know it's a Kia and they aren't all that impressive to look at, but I figured I would share this one with you since I worked on it. I work at a detail center that does cleanups for a large privately owned dealership. This car came back as a repo and when I picked it up, I seriously thought I was supposed to drive it to the junk yard. I worked on it with one other guy, and it took us about a half a day. There was break dust caked on the whole passenger side of the car, and the inside was trashed as you'll see in the pics. It doesn't look like it has ever been cleaned before, but with some time and know how...we got it done.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Finished:

Old 05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

damn now that's a transformation!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

L O ******* L

@ the school (I'm guessing) pics of the kids on the passenger side floor under the Dasani bottle!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy crap thats an amazing turn around
Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

Great job...imagine seeing those before pics of that car right after you sign the papers on it!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazing what a little cleaning can do.... lol major props man!!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Dont you f'n hate your job when you get **** like that? I do the same thing you do and HATE it when I get cars that dirty. Its hard to believe a person actually drove that car with it being that dirty.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you use to clean all that plastic? Soap and water?

Looks awesome!!!! I used to detail cars, I literally wanted to bash people's heads in who let their **** get that nasy. Worst car I ever did was a 1998 Deville, black with neutral leather.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Launching!

My SS was like that when i got it, it was in a parking garage for a year and sat there. When I went and looked at it the first time it had a layer of dust everywhere. flat tires, and candy/crayons/protien shakes in the back seats and carpet and everywhere else you can imagine. but it took me about 2 weeks to get it alot better looking. But it is a pain in the *** to do all that. I cant stand it when people leave that much junk in a car.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
Dont you f'n hate your job when you get **** like that? I do the same thing you do and HATE it when I get cars that dirty. Its hard to believe a person actually drove that car with it being that dirty.
Hahahaha I guess you could relate. The answer is no, because at this point we can say that we aren't going to touch it unless we get X amount of dollars. Of course it has to be within reason but I made out pretty good on this job. It is very hard to believe that someone drove around like that, but they did. The pictures of the inside do not do the justice. There was more stuff in the back of it. While I was cleaning it I had medical grade rubber gloves on to take most of the stuff out. One of the major factors on making your job easier when doing a car like this is to do the most when washing it. Do you pressure wash or hand wash the cars? Ours get pressure washed. The brake dust came up with the pressure wash and some Ardex Top Dog on the paint.

Aron,

We actually used a real mild degreaser and some very fine steel wool. Also an interior scrub brush and air hose. (you probably know that already) Black and tan cars are is the worst color combo. Figures my Camaro is that color combo.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That had to be owned by a woman.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Sportage DD is worse than that on the outside. Way worse. Door dings, scratches, etc. The interior is extremely clean though. It was driven by my wife for 6 years and has accumulated 140,000 since new. Runs like a champ though!! Good gas mileage. Some drunk ran into the back of it and totaled his old Nissan truck. I drove the Kia away no problem. Does have a full ladder frame under it unlike the RAV-4 and some others like it. It is actually comfortable to drive in traffic and I can park it anywhere and nobody messes with it. If they do hit it with a door...so what...unlike my mystic teal T/A which is about impossible to match color. It makes a great beater!! I just gotta get some new wheels for it. The stockers are very narrow.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hell yea man! great job!

Quick Reply: Total Recon: 2000 Kia Sportage. You won't believe it!