Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Some update pics from Project "NOT Hot Pink"

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the painter did verything correctly, just didnt buff it out good enough. Thats only an assumption without seeing it.
Is he done with it now?
If he wont buff it out again ket me know. I will help you out.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am waiting on her to show up. We'll head over there once she does to see if and when he can buff it again? So even though it was not baked, you can sand and buff it that fast?

And I appreciate your offer on helping out if necessary!
Old 06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it was wetsanded a week too early... Ask in the paint section, they'll know better. I'm just going off of what I remember Whistler doing on my car...

Regardless, it will come out if you glaze it so no worries .
Old 06-15-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

We just went there to talk to the painter. He said he wants it back in a month for another buffing. Sounds ok to me.

I will pick up the car later on today to aim the headlights on it, I'll take some better shots if it then finished. Hopefully the sun will be out then. It really is a nice color and the car looks mean driving down the road.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey manny ill be up there later on.. just give me a call when you head out.. nvm ill just call you now
Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=MannyZ28]I think if you just type in "Camaro Halo" on Ebay, you will find the company selling those. The funny thing is, she ordered black Halos....you know, regular Halos that everyone else here is running, and that's what she landed up with....they made a mistake. She only paid 182 dollars, including shipping, for both head lights AND the black sidemarkers. When I openend the box up I was in shock....was tempted to put those things on my car!!

QUOTE]

Have you turned them on yet to see if they would align correctly? i'm having a big problem with mine not being able to get aligned
Old 06-15-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

QUOTE]

Have you turned them on yet to see if they would align correctly? i'm having a big problem with mine not being able to get aligned[/QUOTE]

Well I am about to find out. The painter wasn't able to plug the one signal light bulb in correctly, it was just laying in there, so now the side markers are full of water, once all that is dry I'll put the headlights in and I'll try to align them...hopefully I won't have any problems.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont know Id want to wait a month before buffing it out again. Depending on what clear was used it could be hard as a rock and much harder to buff out.

Cutting and buffing the next day is very common. I waited two weeks to do mine and it was a bitch. Some clears can be buffed out the very same day it was sprayed, without being baked.

My suggestion here is, make (ask) him finish it now.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
Well I am about to find out. The painter wasn't able to plug the one signal light bulb in correctly, it was just laying in there, so now the side markers are full of water, once all that is dry I'll put the headlights in and I'll try to align them...hopefully I won't have any problems.
let me know, i'm still working on mine trying to get them aligned this is my second set
Old 06-15-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tdawg
let me know, i'm still working on mine trying to get them aligned this is my second set

Hers line up just fine, I mostly just had to adjust for height, other than that, no problems. They work pretty well once you aim them....

Quick Reply: Some update pics from Project "NOT Hot Pink"