Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New Seats finally installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
Ah your the one that he went through. They worked out pretty good. I had to re drill a hole but other then that the worked out pretty good. Thanks
We have had the bracket maker we use adjust the driver side holes away from the door about 1/2" based on feedback. Hopefully our brackets should work fine on both sides now.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Seats look awsome. I think everyone will agree with that.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Arizen has them for $150 shipped... Steve and I had a nicer design (in our opinion) for $130 shipped with bolts and specialty nuts. Steve is busy doing easier more profitable stuff now

Maybe if he teaches me to weld...
If your design for the bracket was different please show me a picture. I'm not too proud to make changes, copy or improve a design! :-)
Old 06-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
Those look hot allready without the heaters. Nice job. The colors look like they match nicely too.
These seats were more expensive because of the color. We buy black leather in volume directly from the tannery and pass the savings on in our pricing. When we do o/e colors such as Ebony we buy the leather a hide or two at a time for the current job from a leather reseller.

If we get numerous orders ( 6 or more) for the same color from customers ready to purchase we will see if we can offer better pricing.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=BadMonkey]These are Arizen Seats, Genuine Leather smell like a new baseball glove Had Demonbird hook me up with some brackets and got them in today. I am going to install the the heaters later. I got dual temp heated seats in both seats with a lumbar and seatbelt holder. Can upgrade to a harness later and SS on the back. I will install the heater switches and wiring later when it gets cooler
QUOTE]

I've got a question. As I look at the rear seat upholstery in the photos the pattern looks similar to the 69 Camaro inserts in our seats below. If we were given the dimensions of the vertical seems on the rear cover and made our inserts to match the rear would most people prefer that design?

We aim to please!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Veteran

I think so as it would look more genuine and factory. Of course the more options people have the more likely they are to go that route. If I did the entire front and back seats I would have gone with the black you have in bulk but I like how everything turned out. Just gotta get some seat time.

OH and one more thing, someone asked about what is leather about my leather seats. Arizen helped me out and informed me that the back is vinyl and the front is leather. Honestly when I looked I could not tell. Thanks again Mark

Damon
Old 06-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Launching!

I think so as it would look more genuine and factory. Of course the more options people have the more likely they are to go that route.
Can you give me the width between the verticle seems on the back seat upholstery? The 69 Camaro is 2" I believe but we can adjust if necessary.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

Mark from Arizen, I've always wondered how your leather compares to MadRacing's leather? What's different about it or what's the same? I have Arizen premium black perforated leather on my seats I got from you and love them. I know MadRacing doesn't offer that but the main thing I'm asking, is the leather the same quality, not color, but quality? Mark (demonbird) swears they're the same. I think they're pretty nice, but I'm no leather expert!

Thank you
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by toofazt
Mark from Arizen, I've always wondered how your leather compares to MadRacing's leather? What's different about it or what's the same? I have Arizen premium black perforated leather on my seats I got from you and love them. I know MadRacing doesn't offer that but the main thing I'm asking, is the leather the same quality, not color, but quality? Mark (demonbird) swears they're the same. I think they're pretty nice, but I'm no leather expert!

Thank you
Years ago we imported a complete seat with a leather cover as Mad Racing does. We were never supplied any technical specifications to show the leather met "automotive leather" standards in the US. We have seen the certifications for the leather we use now and are confident in it. Now that we are offering so many options we will continue to need to make the covers in the US.

Another reason we decided to make the covers here was we occasionally would take a covered seat and remove the cover to do custom upholstery. We sometimes noticed things we didn't like and realized factories can cut corners in ways you couldn't tell once a cover is on. We have more control of the finish product now and can offer more options.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by arizen
Years ago we imported a complete seat with a leather cover as Mad Racing does. We were never supplied any technical specifications to show the leather met "automotive leather" standards in the US. We have seen the certifications for the leather we use now and are confident in it. Now that we are offering so many options we will continue to need to make the covers in the US.

Another reason we decided to make the covers here was we occasionally would take a covered seat and remove the cover to do custom upholstery. We sometimes noticed things we didn't like and realized factories can cut corners in ways you couldn't tell once a cover is on. We have more control of the finish product now and can offer more options.
Mark,

I know that you offer many options, but is the leather that MadRacing uses not as high quality as your base seat? I'm really just looking for a yes or no answer to settle the rumors once and for all I'm sure you've inspected a set of MadRacing seats in person...?

Thank you
Old 06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by toofazt
Mark,

I know that you offer many options, but is the leather that MadRacing uses not as high quality as your base seat? I'm really just looking for a yes or no answer to settle the rumors once and for all I'm sure you've inspected a set of MadRacing seats in person...?

Thank you
Actually, I have not seem Mad Racing seats in person. Even if I had I could not tell the quality of the leather just from looking at it. There are furniture grade leathers that are extremely soft and luxurious "feeling" and "looking" but would not withstand the UV exposure in the long term. Unless you know how the hide was processed its tough to compare.

Basically I tell people if your happy with the Mad Racing Seats as they are - buy them.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

Actually, I have not seem Mad Racing seats in person. Even if I had I could not tell the quality of the leather just from looking at it. There are furniture grade leathers that are extremely soft and luxurious "feeling" and "looking" but would not withstand the UV exposure in the long term. Unless you know how the hide was processed its tough to compare.

Basically I tell people if your happy with the Mad Racing Seats as they are - buy them.
Ok, thanks for your time and sorry for the hijack badmonkey
Old 06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those seats look great and most everything I"ve read about them has been positive. As I get older, that's my #1 complaint about my car is the crappy seats. I think these look like a great upgrade but now my only question is to get the deluxe leather, the premium leather, or the leather suede option??? I have the tan leather interior in my car, and was thinking black leather with tan suede might look nice. Thoughts anyone???
Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

When I owned my previous Camaro (2000 Z28) the seats sucked. I have had back surgery once and may need it again. When I bought this car back in January all the money I saved up from Iraq was going into my car. I sold my C6 in December bought my SS in Jan and the first thing I thought about was the seats. I waited till the car got to my house and my little brother who just got back from Iraq himself looked it over and said the seats suck. LOL at that point I started searching. I did a search on here and ran into Demonbird's install a while back. I searched out the 2 brands he mentioned and came up with Arizen. With all the options it was a no brainer. I sat there for hours trying to figure out what to do color wise as well, go microsuade, leather, different color inserts you name it. I eventually just decided to get matching Ebony to make it look like they were ment to go there. Once you get a good set of seats in it makes it feel so much differnet. Was always my biggest complaint on the Chevrolet cars, Pontiac at least had alittl emore comfort compaired to ours.

If you are redoing all the seats front and back I would do them black with tan or all tan for that matter (alot cooler then black in the summer). If your carpet is tan though the black may not look right so I would maybe go with the microsuede in tan front and rear.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Veteran

No worries you didn't hijack it, as far as I am concerned. I think that we now have decent options for seats if there is any questions myself or Arizen can answer so be it.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shudog
Those seats look great and most everything I"ve read about them has been positive. As I get older, that's my #1 complaint about my car is the crappy seats. I think these look like a great upgrade but now my only question is to get the deluxe leather, the premium leather, or the leather suede option??? I have the tan leather interior in my car, and was thinking black leather with tan suede might look nice. Thoughts anyone???
I'd go black leather with either Suede Tan inserts or Houndstooth Tan inserts (suede would be my choice) if it is a good enough color combo for the new "Bandit" (more of a gold but you get the idea):

...it's good enough for you !
Old 06-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

I think so as it would look more genuine and factory. Of course the more options people have the more likely they are to go that route. If I did the entire front and back seats I would have gone with the black you have in bulk but I like how everything turned out. Just gotta get some seat time.

OH and one more thing, someone asked about what is leather about my leather seats. Arizen helped me out and informed me that the back is vinyl and the front is leather. Honestly when I looked I could not tell. Thanks again Mark

Damon
Can someone give me the width of the seems on the stock late model Camaro seats (between the X's)?

Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Launching!

bump!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Can someone give me the width of the seems on the stock late model Camaro seats (between the X's)?

I will post this question in the Camaro forum as well. We want to make a new insert pattern to resemble the late model Camaro seats so our seats match as well as possible.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

1 7/8"

Quick Reply: New Seats finally installed