Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Tinting T-top glass?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

do it. I've been working for 5 years as a profesional window tinter here in florida. I tinted my hole car and put 5% on t-tops.I had the same issued as you, it is hot as hell down here.well about cracking the only way that could happen is if the windows get extremely hot and then cold. You now just like regular glass. now if the window itself has a scratch I would recommend you to live it alone.

I"ll look at my tops make sure they're not scratched,
are you happy with the 5% on yours, where in FL are you?

pat
Old 06-29-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe some aftermarket t-tops were made of plastic. Those i could see cracking.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had my t-tops tinted for atleast 2 years now on my 02 z28... and i havnt had any problems..... and theres some days with the humitiy where its over a 100 easy and my cars in the sun alot of the day.... u shouldnt have any problem at all tinting them.... whats the difference between them and any other window with tint? there is none
Old 06-30-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Yea the guy at the tint shop that did my windows has two F-body's...and he said the same thing. That they've had some people who have tinted them and they end up cracking. I dont know what the difference is between the T-tops and a normal window? But either way..he wouldnt do it for me so i did it myself..have had the tint on there for about 2 years now and just recently took it off the T-tops due to it starting to bubble. Im currently goin to school in Orlando, fl. so i definately wish i could get them re-tinted, because like you said...driving around with the sunshades in kinda sucks.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Yep sun and f-bodies dont mix..... its an oven in my car even with the ttops tinted... im thinking of double 5%ing everything except front windows... and 20% windshield...

Quick Reply: Tinting T-top glass?