Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Meanest wax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be the diffrence in waxes. Say take a synthetic wax like NXT or any carnauba wax.

Which one would be shiniest and deepest, and which would offer the most protection?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Ive used NXT in the past I liked it a lot but I hated how short it would last and if one drop of rain touches it, forget it, its gonna all rise off.

I also used Liquid Glass, its decent, leaves a nice shine and lasts a while, but damn if it isnt a bitch and a half buffing that crap off.

Im currently using Menzerna's product line and I love it, its the best stuff Ive ever used bar none. The shine is really nice, its easy to apply and remove, and it lasts a long time.

I rencently bought some Klasse all in one Im gonna try it out and see what kind of results I get.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Banned

You dudes ain't gonna believe this but I've tried just about every wax on the planet and the best one hasn't been listed here yet. For the past several years I used "PINK WAX" but recently I've found something even better. "DUPONT TEFLON WAX". My vert is pewter & when I bought the car I didn't notice at first that the right qtr. panel didn't shine like the rest of the car even though the car itself looked & smelled brand new. The PINK WAX just wouldn't put a shine on it ,was as though the factory forgot to spray clear-cote on it or something. Tried several different products with no success until I tried DUPONT TEFLON & man it worked. Since then I've thrown away all the other products. This **** works , & not just on pewter colors. My truck is red & it works great on it too .
Old 07-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Launching!

If you are REALLY serious about wax, then you should look into the wide array of pure carnauba waxes (and not necessarily the meg's or mother's from Autozone).

There are many varieties of carnaubas on the market, and their prices can range from moderate to expensive to ..."Wow I never knew you needed a loan to buy wax!"

My personal favorites include P21S and any of the Authentic Zymol waxes (meaning not the blue cleaner wax from Autozone for 12.99 or whatevre).
Old 07-07-2007, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lbls1
If you are REALLY serious about wax, then you should look into the wide array of pure carnauba waxes (and not necessarily the meg's or mother's from Autozone).

There are many varieties of carnaubas on the market, and their prices can range from moderate to expensive to ..."Wow I never knew you needed a loan to buy wax!"
This would be why I like the Victoria's. Would be great if it held just a little better. Although it seems to do great on a garaged car.
High carnauba content in that stuff.

Don't have enough coin to really go crazy on the wax.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Ok... soooo upon posting this message i ran to the store.... and picked up the megs nxt... i must say it was rather imressing but wanted to take waxing to another step... so i went to the meguiars site... pick up the 20/21/26 liquid waxes.... and i must say it was sick... i didnt clay bar the car when i did it just because its just so damn clean most the time but spots that where contaminated a little... like the front just from driving it... the megs stripped it right off.... it rained today... and i have never seen a wax repel the water so good.... like it was a downpour for an hour... when i left work it was drizzling by time it stopped my car was practicly dry from driving it for liek 10 mins..... A+++++++++ on megs 20/21/26... its worth a shot... THANKS FOR ADVICE PEOPLE.... keep it coming im always up for trying new stuff
Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Teching In

if u want to try one of the best waxes out there
http://www.eportworks.com
it is expensive, but u can get 30+ cars out of a can.
what im trying next
Old 07-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Eagle One.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

tropi care
Old 07-17-2007, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been using Kit wax for 30 years. Tried some of the products listed here. If I had a dark color car that was a show queen, then I would consider switching. But most products work good, just seems to be how much money are you willing to spend.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have yet to see any sort of durability from NXT on any of the cars I've tried it on. I even tried it again the other week b/c of people saying that it lasts longer than 2 weeks on their cars. However, I had the same result as before. It only lasts about two weeks out in the weather. I've been using Meg #26 for a while now and love it. It lasts longer than NXT in all of my experiences and I've detailed plenty of cars trying both of them. It's affordable, available, and lasts longer than most other waxes in its price range and composition (and yes, I'm saying this carnauba wax lasts longer than NXT which is a sealant and should technically last longer).
Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just used a new wax by Turtle Wax, its called Ice, works great! Was gonna try Mothers and couldnt find any!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

I've used Mothers FX in the past with very good results. Easy on and easy off with a good shine. Seemed to hold up pretty well too.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i real love p21s i think this stuff is real good i would reccommend it to anyone it's like 31 a jar
Old 08-05-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds to me like you're just using shelf waxes... these are ok but nothing special. im a fan of poorboys products and id highly recommend them. try out poorboys EX for darker colors and EXP for lighter colors, with the maroon get the EX. heres a great website for automotive detailing check it out http://autopia.org
Old 08-05-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

collinite
Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 AM
TECH Resident

Meguias professional galze (just for looks #7), Coat of NXT (then cure for 24 hrs), Coat of Synthetic Sealant #21 (meguiar's brand, apply with PC preferrably, this stuff isn't the easiest to completely get off), repeat at least once a month and enjoy!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:50 AM
12 Second Club

I personally like Meguiars #16... really hard to get but its magic paste... lasts long and creates a incredible shine, I use it on all my customers cars. I have seen a solid 4 months out of Meguiars #26 on my wifes truck during the cold months.

My personal favorite? I detail cars on the side for a little play money... Ive professionally detailed many many cars to date. My personal favorite is Chemical Guys 5050. About $50 a can but the shine is liquid... absolutely incredible stuff.

Last edited by Avengeance; 08-06-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Teching In

I'm a fan of Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. Expensive, but worth it in my opinion. I buffed with Optimum Polish, then used Clearkote Red Machine Glaze, and topped it with the Souveran. You can layer the Souveran for extra durability.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a fan of Meguairs and Zaino. I recently switched to Zaino but my GTA was abaied with all Meguairs Gold Class and Scratch X. I ouldn't post any pics, but follow my link.

Quick Reply: Meanest wax?