Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Window alignment write up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About to do this today! Hopefully no more wind noise....
Old 05-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to work on this myself tonight after work. I can't believe this keeps getting brought back from the dead, but I am thankful it was so easy to find! I am having to do this on my 95. And I have the other issues some other members have mentioned, like the slowness of the window rolling up unless I pull on it while I push the up button. Might be corroded contacts so I am gonna try that first. Unfortunately this window has been leaking for years from what I can tell and the floorboard behind the passenger seat is rusted completely through. Of course that happens while the car is for sale. Wonder if someone can weld in a new piece for me?
Old 08-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Teching In

This needs to be bumped again. Just saved my *** today in a very very leaky Trans AM. If anyone has a broken window alignment bracket they are still available. The OE part number is 10257988 and a company called Dorman makes an aftermarket unit, part number 45359.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

My window is wobbly, I can move it front to back by hand. It gets caught when shutting. I need to steady it with my hand for it to go up smooth. What is the fix for this issue.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Resurrecting an old thread... I tried everything you listed and was able to get the window 90%, thanks for that!

However, it seems like my window needs to move towards the rear of the car more. I have a gap in the rear of my drivers side that will allow water in still... Any ideas how I can move the window forward and aft?

Thanks for the write up! Helped me out!

**EDIT**

Looks like there is a number 5 labeled on the door, I undid those bolts along with the bolt below on the arm and it seemed to almost get me there. I am sooo close now. Shouldn't really get much road noise, but if I go through a car wash I am sure I would still get sprayed. Hopefully that helps someone else out if they are having the same issue.

Last edited by alaska_guy; 07-03-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Took me a couple hours each day over the weekend fiddiling with the adjustements, but finally got my window acceptable. There is a "tiny" gap in the back that may allow water in still, but hopefully I am ok now.

Thanks again for this tutorial.

Last edited by alaska_guy; 07-04-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

Doing this !
Old 07-09-2016, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am trying this as soon as I can !
Old 12-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Default Not sitting against outter window sweep

I have my window brush assys tight against the windo and still have a gap near the mirror where water is just pooring in wondering how i can get the window against it thanks!
Old 02-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sneaky7980
5. Lastly I tried moving the fwd end of the track full down, (D). The front of the window went full up so i closed the door and i'll be damned, tighter than a frogs ***!!!
thanks for this helpful write-up, sneaky7980 - my driver's side window is now tighter than a frog's ***!!
Old 03-24-2019, 09:59 PM
Teching In

I have this issue where the driver side window isn't fitting against the weatherproofing. Is there a way I can adjust the window or do I need new weatherproofing. There isn't even an indentation where the window makes contact with the weather strip shown on passenger side window.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Just hoping that someone might reply?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Anderson
Just hoping that someone might reply?
Try to adjust the felt pads on thettop of the door inward some. That'll let the glass lay towards the car more which may get you the seal you need
Old 05-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bammax
Try to adjust the felt pads on thettop of the door inward some. That'll let the glass lay towards the car more which may get you the seal you need
Thank you! I'll give that a try today.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:03 AM
Teching In

So i gave it a try, its still not the same as the passenger side. but its much improved. any other suggestions?
Old 08-28-2019, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man this is a great thread. I've used it several times over the years. However, new car, new issue. My drivers side window causes so much resistance against the seals that it makes the door difficult to close. With the window down it shuts great. There's a gap between the outer window felt and the glass. I've tried to adjust the glass out with the 2 jackbolts at the rear as well as move the inner felts all the way out towards the glass. That helps but it puts too much of a bind on the glass when going up and down.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-06-2019, 07:05 PM
Teching In

When I got my 2000 Camaro SS Convert, both windows were (and still are!) jacked up. I am not sure how there are to align to the seal with the top. Does anyone have a few pictures for how the windows and the seals should match up? It it to the TOP of the gasket (that is where mine are) or is it in the slight channel that is about 1/4 way down? If I line it up here (just by using the up/down) it seems the the little forward triangle the the mirror mounts to is too tall as the window is down about 1/4-1/2 inch.

I take a bath in every freaking rain and I collect about 1/2 of water in the floor boards which stands... (need to replace carpet due to mold- but want to get it sealed first!)

Thanks!
Bruce
Old 09-12-2019, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mctabish
When I got my 2000 Camaro SS Convert, both windows were (and still are!) jacked up. I am not sure how there are to align to the seal with the top. Does anyone have a few pictures for how the windows and the seals should match up? It it to the TOP of the gasket (that is where mine are) or is it in the slight channel that is about 1/4 way down? If I line it up here (just by using the up/down) it seems the the little forward triangle the the mirror mounts to is too tall as the window is down about 1/4-1/2 inch.

I take a bath in every freaking rain and I collect about 1/2 of water in the floor boards which stands... (need to replace carpet due to mold- but want to get it sealed first!)

Thanks!
Bruce
If im reading what you are asking correctly, the window is supposed to be kinda under the rubber seal at the top.
Check this link:http://shbox.com/1/adj_window.html

Old 06-09-2023, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Man this is a great thread. I've used it several times over the years. However, new car, new issue. My drivers side window causes so much resistance against the seals that it makes the door difficult to close. With the window down it shuts great. There's a gap between the outer window felt and the glass. I've tried to adjust the glass out with the 2 jackbolts at the rear as well as move the inner felts all the way out towards the glass. That helps but it puts too much of a bind on the glass when going up and down.

Any suggestions?
I have this same issue, what did you end up doing to fix this particular window alignment?

Quick Reply: Window alignment write up