Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

7-11-2007 Pics [56k, go get a free slurpee]

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7-11-2007 Pics [56k, go get a free slurpee]

did another photoshoot...I've always believed a great picture can make an average car extremely sexy, so I focused on taking a good picture as opposed to spending a ton of cash on appearance mods. The camera used was a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 6MP Digital Camera...no photoshop touch-ups were made.

Appearance mods: Badge overlays, GS stripes, headlamp overlays, rear inserts, hose mod, red calipers, 13" antenna

Old 07-11-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Resident

Looks great chad! But what happened to your front plate bird?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

^never had one. In VA, we have to have front tags, so I never got one
Old 07-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I agree about the pictures, but do you have photoshop or any post processing software? If so I'd go over all these pictures and adjust the white balance if possible because they've all got a blueish tint to them and my guess is you used auto or daylight white balance when a cloudy or shade setting would have been more appropriate given the overcast sky. Just a little constructive criticism from a fellow photography enthusiast. Good composition and all the pictures are sharp for no post processing.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by josh99ta
I agree about the pictures, but do you have photoshop or any post processing software? If so I'd go over all these pictures and adjust the white balance if possible because they've all got a blueish tint to them and my guess is you used auto or daylight white balance when a cloudy or shade setting would have been more appropriate given the overcast sky. Just a little constructive criticism from a fellow photography enthusiast. Good composition and all the pictures are sharp for no post processing.
Thanks for the advice...in addition to all the other tips you've indirectly given me I tried to remember as much from your sticky about taking pics as I could, but I was scrambling to beat the sun (these were shot from 6am-7am) before it got too high in the sky. I don't have any post-processing software on my computer, so I just tried to get them as naturally good as i could before the sun came too far up. I'll keep all that in mind next time I do a shoot.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Nice ride!! Looks great.

Personally not a fan of the GS stripes, but it isn't my car.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Clean ride
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

nice car and very nice pics.

Have you ever thought about painting your rear bumper like this ...............just something I thought would look good on your car.
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

looks real good, i live in chesapeake. Im trying to find a good parking garage or location for a photoshoot.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

bout time u whored out ur car chad.. got her lookin nice an smooth!

two thumbs up dude, she definately looks great!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by STRETCH'S T/A
nice car and very nice pics.

Have you ever thought about painting your rear bumper like this ...............just something I thought would look good on your car.
[/QUOTE]

The only way i think that could look good is if u nightshaded the tails and 3rd brake light as well as black pontiac inserts
Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Originally Posted by Smoke Panther
Thanks for the advice...in addition to all the other tips you've indirectly given me I tried to remember as much from your sticky about taking pics as I could, but I was scrambling to beat the sun (these were shot from 6am-7am) before it got too high in the sky. I don't have any post-processing software on my computer, so I just tried to get them as naturally good as i could before the sun came too far up. I'll keep all that in mind next time I do a shoot.
No problem man. Next time out try putting your camera's white balance on cloudy as it boosts reds, oranges, and yellows to give the pictures a warmer feel. I've noticed most every single point and shoot I've ever laid my hands on for automotive pictures benefits from shooting in white balance cloudy as the auto white balance usually is off on the lower side of the scale.

Also for photo editing The Gimp is free and does all the basic things Photoshop does. Its definitely worth a download just to do level, curve, and sharpening adjustments as those minor things will really enhance a picture.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice pictures again there man, I agree with josh trying messing with the white balence to fit the condition you are in. Best is to just go out and mess with all you settings see what works best for you.