Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Alright, I'm tired of this... how should I mount my plate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Arctic. What were we thinking. I'm glad you posted this or else I wouldnt have known that all we had to do was move to another state. It's nice that those two ALWAYS law-abiding citizens posted. I'm going to pack up tonight
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
I'm going to pack up tonight
I'll rent the truck. See you bright and early tomorrow morning. We're outta here.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So I point out the facts and get made fun of... heh whatever, it isn't the first time.

Oh noes, law abiding citizens, crucify them!!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
I'll rent the truck. See you bright and early tomorrow morning. We're outta here.
Sounds good to me. I'll pack the lunch so we won't have to stop along the way. Should take about 8 hours once we're on the road. Now dont forget to velcro the tag to the car while we're in VA so we wont get stopped. Once we hit the border of NC we'll be ok.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
So I point out the facts and get made fun of... heh whatever, it isn't the first time.

Oh noes, law abiding citizens, crucify them!!!!
How is it a fact to say move to another state if you don't like 1 law in the state that you reside in? No one was crucifying you. I couldn't care less if you abide by the law or not. But, if you are going to make statements like you have, then you have to be ready for off-kilter responses as well. It's all in good fun, don't get so emo about it.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

honestly check your state regulations there is always a loop hole to get threw. i was reading about washington and you can apply for an exemption if you car does not have provisions for a front plate. just something to look into.

brody
Old 10-17-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XLR8N
honestly check your state regulations there is always a loop hole to get threw. i was reading about washington and you can apply for an exemption if you car does not have provisions for a front plate. just something to look into.

brody
In order to have no provisions for a front plate, it would have to come from the factory like that. There are few cars as such examples, and f-body's would not be one. Good idea, though I'm quite certain our efforts would be futile in that arena.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How is it a fact to say move to another state if you don't like 1 law in the state that you reside in? No one was crucifying you. I couldn't care less if you abide by the law or not. But, if you are going to make statements like you have, then you have to be ready for off-kilter responses as well. It's all in good fun, don't get so emo about it.
Sorry, been having a rough time lately, life's thrown me through loops and I'm stressed out
Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

No biggie, just figured I'd throw some sarcasm right back at you after your last statements Hope you start having some better luck.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

i dont know about your car but mine doesnt have any, instead of moping about it try it all they can say is no right?

brody
Old 10-17-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Every camaro, firebird, and corvette (believe it or not, the front license plate shaped part of the bumper is considered a place to put one) came from the factory with provisions for a plate. What do you drive that doesn't have one?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have told cops that my car is too pretty to have a front plate and that it was a show car. (One cop had asked me if it fell off which was my way out). The one time I got pulled over near WestFields on 28 headed to manassas by two motorcycles sitting on the shoulder in the bumper to bumper traffic who were randomly pulling people over I told him he only did so because of the flames on the car and he said "flames...I didnt even see them" I said yeah right what are you blind? Come on if it was an average car you wouldnt have done it." Shortly after I said that he walked out on the road and pulled over some plain ole white car.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

great minds think alike... its been there for 5 years and never been pulled over for it. i've lived in several states. no problems

Old 10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

the new c6 s have a plate mount that double side tapes on that might work for you without drilling holes
Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Critt3r
great minds think alike... its been there for 5 years and never been pulled over for it. i've lived in several states. no problems

Well, such a situation would work if my body was 3 feet off the ground, too
Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

you could try being nice to cop and say "hey listen officer, most cars today that come from thefactory dont even have pre drilled holes, as you can see im one of them... i understand your doing your job and all but really i think i stand out like a sore thumb already, do you really think im gonna do something stupid and illegal in front of you guys nor anytime for that matter....???" usualyl they will smeark and tell you to get out of there.... btw if your 25 and older they couldnt care less i think

works like a charm everytime for me
Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seriously man I've never been pulled over for no front license plate. I think its because i have a "SS" badge where the license plate is supposed to be, so it doesnt look "plain"...
Old 10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jay Vicious
you could try being nice to cop and say "hey listen officer, most cars today that come from thefactory dont even have pre drilled holes, as you can see im one of them... i understand your doing your job and all but really i think i stand out like a sore thumb already, do you really think im gonna do something stupid and illegal in front of you guys nor anytime for that matter....???" usualyl they will smeark and tell you to get out of there.... btw if your 25 and older they couldnt care less i think

works like a charm everytime for me
Again, I can't stress enough the mentality of a fairfax county cop. It's like a cult, and I'm not kidding. Of every single one I've encountered, I swear they are all brainwashed to rid themselves of emotion or logic.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Again, I can't stress enough the mentality of a fairfax county cop. It's like a cult, and I'm not kidding. Of every single one I've encountered, I swear they are all brainwashed to rid themselves of emotion or logic.

Tim and I can vouch for that one but they all are **** hence why I got the plate I did for the Honda

Old 10-18-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

The cops here are getting ridiculous. They'll wait all day for someone the jay walk and bust them if they must.

Haha Flamin' Bird. That plate is a good way to state your opinion, but you know the shitty Fairfax cops are going to pull you over for anything they can think of. Maybe a 44 mph in a 45.

Quick Reply: Alright, I'm tired of this... how should I mount my plate?