Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Alright, I'm tired of this... how should I mount my plate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Every camaro, firebird, and corvette (believe it or not, the front license plate shaped part of the bumper is considered a place to put one) came from the factory with provisions for a plate. What do you drive that doesn't have one?
maybe its me but im not seeing a license plate shaped part, nor any provisions. maybe you can help me out on this.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ralls
The cops here are getting ridiculous. They'll wait all day for someone the jay walk and bust them if they must.

Haha Flamin' Bird. That plate is a good way to state your opinion, but you know the shitty Fairfax cops are going to pull you over for anything they can think of. Maybe a 44 mph in a 45.

Hey Ralls....how ya been? I know what you mean but so far so good. I mainly am in Loudon Co and I got a parking ticket outside the condo back in Sept when Tim had parked the Honda in a firelane temporary. A nasty neighbor as we found out calls on everyone for everything and she had called on Labor day when there were alot of people visiting in the neighborhood. Parking is very slim there. Anyway I wonder how he felt writing that one up!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8N
maybe its me but im not seeing a license plate shaped part, nor any provisions. maybe you can help me out on this.

And your car came from the factory with that grill? If you reread my post, I said cars came from the factory with the provisions. That's the basis of the law. If it came from the factory with a place for it, it must have it. Just because you put a grill on that now doesn't have a provision doesn't mean it never came with one. That's like just taking your bumper off all together and saying there's no place to put the plate.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:49 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadhouse
That sucks man... I'm glad I live in South Carolina, we don't have front plates, smog checks or even vehicle inspections stickers.
Same here in Indiana! I wouldn't live in a front plate state.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Launching!

dude...just bite the bullet, get a regular grill and bolt it on. There is no way you are going to win with this.

In california they say the front plate has to be visible at all times...meaning you cannot put it on the air dam or near the front window.

just get the regular grill...the slp plate thing looks like *** and it will get expensive after a while to keep eating tickets. Just be happy you dont get a no front plate ticket while your car is parked! Thats how they do out here where I live.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1TechRulez
dude...just bite the bullet, get a regular grill and bolt it on. There is no way you are going to win with this.

In california they say the front plate has to be visible at all times...meaning you cannot put it on the air dam or near the front window.

just get the regular grill...the slp plate thing looks like *** and it will get expensive after a while to keep eating tickets. Just be happy you dont get a no front plate ticket while your car is parked! Thats how they do out here where I live.
Who are you referring to? I've also gotten a ticket for no front plate while parked in DC. That sucked.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=ArcticZ28;7968861]And your car came from the factory with that grill?QUOTE]

yeah its a true ss, not an aftermarket piece. im still trying to find provisions **** i must be missing them, or maybe someone stole them, or maybe, just maybe IT NEVER CAME WITH THEM.

look there are two ways to go about this, put it on or dont. its that simple.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Location: BORN IN RAIZED IN BAY AREA CALI OAKLAND FRISCO Just move'd 2 Arizona

I use 2 have mine tied 2 the passenger sun visor and just flip it down when cop's pull'd me over or wen iw az park'd
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

XLR8N

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...spagenameZWDVW

Says it is for 98-02 Camaro Z28, SS, and RS.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks, i understand that they make them. cars that where sold in states that where exempt from having a front plate did not come with them. in fact i believe that it was a dealers task to out fit the cars with the brackets.
in a prior post i stated that in wa state you could file for an exemption. but the OP has a very pesimistic out look, and instead of either trying it or even researching it he pisses and moans about how everyones sugestions wont work. just put the damn thing on!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=XLR8N;7969796]
Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
And your car came from the factory with that grill?QUOTE]

yeah its a true ss, not an aftermarket piece. im still trying to find provisions **** i must be missing them, or maybe someone stole them, or maybe, just maybe IT NEVER CAME WITH THEM.

look there are two ways to go about this, put it on or dont. its that simple.
I think you're not quite understanding what a provision is. That place on the stock front grill where a bracket can fit (and does fit), that is a provision in VA. You have it. Just because you don't have the bracket doesn't mean you don't have the provision. No, we don't live in WA where we can file for that on our cars because I know for fact in VA we have to have them on the front grill and people do. There is nothing to research. These cars have what are considered provisions IN VA. Period. You can call it lack of research or whatever you want, but that's just what it is. No one is talking about Washington or any other state or whether or not it is considered a provision in any of them. We're talking VA. Your input has contributed nothing to this thread in discussing where to mount a plate IN VA. But, you're right, there is only two ways to go about it, to put it on or not. If you read back through the progress of this post instead of just riding on its coattails you would see that I did in fact already mount it, and some other people are trying to figure out different ways to do it as well. God forbid we lookin into workarounds for things, or I'm sorry, I should say "whine about things" Please come to VA and tell a cop you don't have the provision for a plate
Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Hey Ralls....how ya been? I know what you mean but so far so good. I mainly am in Loudon Co and I got a parking ticket outside the condo back in Sept when Tim had parked the Honda in a firelane temporary. A nasty neighbor as we found out calls on everyone for everything and she had called on Labor day when there were alot of people visiting in the neighborhood. Parking is very slim there. Anyway I wonder how he felt writing that one up!
Still doing good. Been learning a lot at Wyotech. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that might give a few of you a run for your money, even ArcticZ28

And for the record, still rolling around with no front plate . Then again, I'm not in Fairfax much.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still doing good. Been learning a lot at Wyotech. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that might give a few of you a run for your money, even ArcticZ28
Did you know that Tim and I recently installed a SI5 cam?? . Getting it tuned next Friday at PSI. So show your tricks at T-N-T at MIR Nov 18! I plan on taking my car down the track!!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

And for the record, still rolling around with no front plate . Then again, I'm not in Fairfax much.
Psh, we'll see about that. BTW, I took a job in CA so I've been out here since early September. The car is just sitting under cover in the meantime. Tis sad.

Quick Reply: Alright, I'm tired of this... how should I mount my plate?