installed fuel rail covers, TB, MAF, Volant

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed fuel rail covers, TB, MAF, Volant

did some underhood work this weekend here is a pic:

http://i12.tinypic.com/4m9eik1.jpg

i will gradually be adding more appearance stuff over the next year so this was just a start. i am saving most of the go-fast mods for after the car is paid off (11 more payments!yeah!).

i have a question for you fine folks. my WS6 is light pewter metallic and i want to add some accents on the exterier such as some blackbird style stripes on the ram air hood, powdercoated calipers, etc. etc. my question is what is the consensous on which color would be best? i saw a pewter SS at a car show in Florida several years ago that had orange hockey style stripes on it that looked really sharp but i was hoping you guys could give me oppinions or some pics to help me out. whadyasay?
thanks in advance

jman
Old 08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Engine bay is looking good! I found more help with decisions just by spending time looking at transam's on cardomain and the thread on ls1tech where they post pictures of exactly what you may be thinking about doing to your car.
As far as calipers, mine were polished, then for the hell of it I painted them red, glad I did. Big difference. Good luck
Old 08-27-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks great. did u paint the maf and tb urself??
Old 08-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Launching!

thanks guys

no, i got them from jantzer98ss as part of a package, ported tb, ported maf, and powdercoated valve covers. it was a great deal so i jumped on it even though the valve covers were off of a 98 ss and i can't use cause i got an 01!
he used to port and powdercoat things for members back in the day but i don't think he does anymore?? they look great and obviously haven't dyno'd or anything yet but there seems to be a definate SOTP difference over the stock pieces.

on a side note, if anyone wants the powder coated valve covers for their 98, let me know. i will make ya a good deal for em.

http://i17.tinypic.com/52dqcg6.jpg

Last edited by j-man; 08-27-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

Looks really good. I'd pick those valve covers up from you in a sec if I had a maroon f-body...
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Launching!

thanks Steve

i plan on shootin some business your way very soon. i am going to get some of your SS covers for under the hood. you run any package deals?

jman
Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

i love the air box set up
Old 08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

will those valve covers fit a 2000? it would look great on my car. how much do u want for it? if u want, pm me.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

awesome man, looks great! yeah the dual cone intake is very cool. is that custom?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Launching!

thanks everyone

nope, i am sorry you are in the same boat as myself with the valve covers they only used the perimeter bolt pattern on 97 and 98 ls1 engines. starting in 99 they switched to center bolt pattern. after installing the other stuff i was even more disappointed they didn't fit! i am thinking of picking up a set of stock ones and getting them powdercoated the same color.

the intake set up is a Volant, the camaro volants have just one filter but the firebirds have the dual cone although you can get whichever one you want to work cause i got mine off of a guy that had it on an SS i am missing the small filter that goes in that hose on the drivers side of it, it wasn't sent with it so i have the hose just hooked up without it. i am going to see if i can find a filter to fit it somewhere.

jman

Quick Reply: installed fuel rail covers, TB, MAF, Volant