Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

zymol f-ing sucks big time.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zymol f-ing sucks big time.

i hate this crap!!!! it goes on real easy then in less then 10 secs dries to a sandrock type substance and is ******* hard as **** to get off spent a hour just doing the hood and passanger side door. i returned that big POS wax and im sticking with what iv been using for the las year NXT.

and on top of that i didnt finish waxing the car and the part that is wax you cant even tell. it dosnt look like zymol did anything and i dont doubt if it did.

end rant.

sorry!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is more than one zymol... the stuff from Walmart and the like does suck, but the one you can only get online is better. NXT is far better in my opinion though.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you bought the cheap zymol didn't you?

From what I've heard, the only good zymol is the $100 stuff. That bottle of blue crud you can pick up at walmart shouldn't even be called wax.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

What the hell? I've never had a problem with the cheap zymol cleaner wax...

Their expensive stuff is amazing though and nxt isn't as great as everyone around here thinks either..
Old 09-08-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes its the cheap **** you get at the auto parts store and i have used alot of different kind of waxes form a store and best i think is NXT. i have never bought anykind offline and if i did its going to be zaino
Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 846 Likes on 647 Posts

Get Zaino AIO and ZCS and never look back.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

+1 for NXT
Old 09-08-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use NXT or Gold Class... with the trusty Porter Cable
Old 09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is just NXT on my paint and nothing else. can zymol do this?

Old 09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Have you ever tried Adams or Zaino?

Any real Wax System will put NXT to shame, it' great for a quick detail but nothing like a 3-4 stage wax.

hell the Adams Quick Detail spray will put the NXT liquid wax to shame.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i want zaino but cant afford that right now for a detail job. and i know that it would be 100 times better but the difference between zymol that i use and NXT was just sick.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

but for me NXT last a while on my car, agood full month at least
Old 09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive used zymol and liked the results. make sure you shake the bottle well, it does build up pretty easily.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

+ 5 million for Zaino. Zaino was all I ever used since 1999 on many cars but recently I'd misplaced my Z2 and had to use the b/f's NXT. Seemed good I thought at first till the next time I washed the cars (w/Zaino car wash) about 10 days later. I had several applications of the NXT on all 3 cars including the b/f's btw. Well there was nothing left it seemed on the cars.....water didnt bead like I was used to with Zaino and it just "stuck" to the car. Also after a wash the cars felt very rough...not silky smooth like with Zaino products. I'll never use the NXT again and luckily just yesterday I found the Z2. Just sharing my experience with these two product lines. I also told a friend at work about Zaino and he tried it....he said it's by far the best stuff he has ever used!

Oh and as far as not being able to afford it I certainly understand. But to start out you can get by with just 3 products: the car wash, Z6 and Z2.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

go buy the chemical guys butter wet wax that **** is fantastic, you get like a gallon for 30 bucks and Yes it's at least as nice as NXT or better
Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

iv looked at zaino alot but i can never find anything that says wax on there products. what product whould be considered wax from them
Old 09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zaino is polish...not wax that's why you dont' see it listed. The Z2 is a good polish to start out with. You'll have to strip the car of all the other stuff you have by washing it with Dawn but you may already know that. Use a claybar too and Meguires Clay is just as good as Zaino's or if you can find it locally the best I've used is Magic Clay. Pep Boys used to carry it...its a blue clay bar but you can buy it online also.

From then on wash the car with the Zaino Car wash and never used Dawn again. Next product to get is the Z6...final glaze spray. Those three products along with the clay bar will be just fine to start out with.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have all that stuff in my garage. so if i just put zaino i never have to wax or do people wax over zaino? ithought you have to wax over a polish. or does there sealer work well enough not to wax
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually, Z is a sealant ..

they don't recommend you wax over it .. it is a very nice product, and one of the most durable on the market.

personally, I don't car for the look it gives the paint .. but it is a first class product all the way, and will definately provide you with some long term protection.

the main thing to remember when selecting a product is the following:

find a high quality product you like.. learn how to use it correctly, and use it often. The process is much more important than the product, if you are using high quality stuff ..

I can make a vehicle turn heads with anythign sitting in my garage .. Tropi-care, Meg's, Zaino, Adam's, Klasse, Poor Boys, Wolfgang, Victoria's, Mother's, Zymol, Griot's, Chemical Guys, or any number of other high end/quality products ..

just like paint and body work .. the quality of the job is measured by how good the prep was.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i spend alot of time detailing my car. and its black so i like to have it clean all the time i go through alot of bottles of detailer spray. and i wash it once a week and everyday hit it with the spray. i clay bar twice a year and polish every 3 months and wax once a month. i buy the highest quality stuff in the store but im about to for over the 83 dollars and buy zaino.

and by the way i have never had a single swirl mark on my car. even on a 94 black camaro.

most polishes have sealant in it then would that mean i would never have to wax my car if the polish i use has a sealant in it?

Quick Reply: zymol f-ing sucks big time.