Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Project "ObseSSed"

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the ugliest Camaro i've personally seen EVER. You say you're swapping an LS1 in there? IMO I would sell it, or at least try to, and just buy a Z28 or somethin because that cars goin nowhere realll fast.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Super28Sport
Thats the ugliest Camaro i've personally seen EVER. You say you're swapping an LS1 in there? IMO I would sell it, or at least try to, and just buy a Z28 or somethin because that cars goin nowhere realll fast.

So weres pics of you car?

Let me gues ZR1 or Z06 rims, side stripes and... a sunoco hood?

Or just a plain jane SS
TECH Enthusiast

I think it's classy for what it is. I've never been into the style myself but for some reason I really like this car. I really like the fact that it's going back to tinted stock taillights. I don't understand why idiots in this thread don't understand AIRBAGS: the car won't be on the ground when it's driving.
Like he said, at least it isn't a DONK jacked up with 30s
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slick1851
So weres pics of you car?

Let me gues ZR1 or Z06 rims, side stripes and... a sunoco hood?

Or just a plain jane SS
ROFL, hahahahahaha
Old 11-20-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Is this the pic you mean?

I was thinking this was as high as it would go. If that's the case you would not have any extension travel like when the wheel hits a low spot in the road. The tire would stop making contact and it could lead to a spin. Do you have some room for the wheel to go down at this height? Can you safely drive at max height? I'm just guessing about this stuff so any input would be really helpfull.

the car will go a lil higher than that but not a lot

ride hight might be a lil lower

some people just dont understand
my dad and i have a 57 chevy pro street and it has bags
406 small block 600 horse and a 250 shot

so tell me how ugly it is, how bad it will handle and how it wont launch
Old 11-20-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

haha man u just need to re-read your sig and realize u must be doing somehting right

btw, dads car looks sick (pics of it painted?) and again ur car looks like its comin along. Not my style AT ALL but i can appreciate some quality work.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slammed1500
How far do those front tubs extend under the fender?
Did you just cut a tub shaped slice through the triangular brace hidden under the fender, slide the tub in and then weld the tub to it?
Man, I'd love to see a few pics with the fender off.
Did you say you made the tubs from 16ga?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

How far do those front tubs extend under the fender?
Did you just cut a tub shaped slice through the triangular brace hidden under the fender, slide the tub in and then weld the tub to it?
Man, I'd love to see a few pics with the fender off.
Did you say you made the tubs from 16ga?

the rear are 16ga. the front is 1/8"
ill get some pics with the fenders off
Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Launching!

The way things are looking I'm going to be running hydraulic cylinders on all 4 wheels. Based on that, who thinks my car will handle like crap?

Believe me, it will be able to out handle most anything around.
Which is why everyone in Nascar, Indy, prostock..etc uses them? If that were the case then I would imagine that in circuits where handling is a huge factor such as Autocross, Ralley, LeMans..etc all these people would run that set up.....they don't. So these guys are ignorant!?

It seems that you view what everyone has to say as opinion, blaming ignorance and you are oblivious to the fact that what you are saying is equally a mere opinion also until there is unquestionable truth presented to the contrary. So far to absolutely everything you have said .....there is none. When Lingenfelter, Rouch, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ferrari...etc start doing it to their cars (since they have the money to) because it will out handle everything on the road, then one might be more inclined to believe it.

If everybody wants to stereotype, so be it, the word itself exists for a reason. You're in a public forum, guess what? It's gonna happen. No way to stop it. don't like it....then don't come to the thread. Like all forums: there's good theres bad.....not knowing THAT....is ignorant. Since doing it to his car makes the original poster happy, then great! More power to him! Thinking everyone else will think it's a **** idea...different story.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

I would love to see peoples faces when this thing dumps! Is that a camaro wtf!lol
Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it will look good with a nice pair of wheels and some paint as someone said earlier. Those wheels are bling bling as ****...good luck with the car
Old 11-21-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

the rear are 16ga. the front is 1/8"
ill get some pics with the fenders off
Thanks. So the front tub is 1/8" plate? Now that's sounds a lot better.

ZetaVeinteOcho, why can't you focus on the thread? I swear, it's like some people here have ADD.

As to why race cars don't use active suspensions, it's very simple. They are banned in the sporting regulatons. Now when you talking about non-race cars such as the Bugatti Veyron (one of the fastest street cars in the world) you will see that they use all the technology they can to make it handle and perform better. It has a hydraulically controlled ride height that lowers as the speed goes up. It also uses active aerodynamics (another banned item for race cars) which I'm also considering.

The basic idea of an adjustable ride height is pretty common. Many vehicles with air springs also use a load leveling systems to make sure the vehicle doesn't sag in the rear. Range Rover uses their system to provide more ground clearance over rocky terrain as well as lower it at higher freeway speeds. Audi uses their system to lower the vehicles ride height on the freeway as well. Then you can get into the semi-active suspensions which is usually a shock absorber that can change it's rates. Those systems have been around for a long time. The 1990 ZR1 Vette use an adjustable ride control to have a soft and sport mode. These systems are a lot more common and can be found on Porsche's, Mercedes, Corvettes, etc...

You also may want to do more research into those brands you listed as several have used semi-active and possibly fully active syspension systems.

Last edited by JasonWW; 11-21-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the car is apart again so no video sorry

she was a model for a video shoot
y yes i do lol
and i have a lot better ones
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ennytruck2.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...dc84fb028e.jpg
better ones? must. have. proof!

no, seriously....share the wealth!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Thanks. So the front tub is 1/8" plate? Now that's sounds a lot better.

ZetaVeinteOcho, why can't you focus on the thread? I swear, it's like some people here have ADD.

As to why race cars don't use active suspensions, it's very simple. They are banned in the sporting regulatons. Now when you talking about non-race cars such as the Bugatti Veyron (one of the fastest street cars in the world) you will see that they use all the technology they can to make it handle and perform better. It has a hydraulically controlled ride height that lowers as the speed goes up. It also uses active aerodynamics (another banned item for race cars) which I'm also considering.

The basic idea of an adjustable ride height is pretty common. Many vehicles with air springs also use a load leveling systems to make sure the vehicle doesn't sag in the rear. Range Rover uses their system to provide more ground clearance over rocky terrain as well as lower it at higher freeway speeds. Audi uses their system to lower the vehicles ride height on the freeway as well. Then you can get into the semi-active suspensions which is usually a shock absorber that can change it's rates. Those systems have been around for a long time. The 1990 ZR1 Vette use an adjustable ride control to have a soft and sport mode. These systems are a lot more common and can be found on Porsche's, Mercedes, Corvettes, etc...

You also may want to do more research into those brands you listed as several have used semi-active and possibly fully active syspension systems.
PWN3D

Its not my cup of tea. But its damn clean. Not to mention you have a bad *** 2500 if that was it in the pictures of the Z at that show! Props on all your work and your fab skills to do all this. All these idiots that only have negative things to say, should just STFU. Not to mention what they are driving, most are some of the slowest ******* on this board. And one hater with a v6...gimme a break! This guy has 10x the skills you have! Real car people that actually work on their **** can appreciate the time and work that is in this car.

As for ZetaVeinteOcho, You must have some personal issues, or have no life if you have the time to come in this thread and post negative **** as much as you do. Almost sounds like your jealous. Take off the white sheet, get off your high horse and look around. If you dont like the car, why keep coming back in this thread, take your *** to the other few thousand threads.. If I was a mod/admin, I would have sent you on a temporary vacation already!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

That reminds me of something I recently came across. Formula 1 started using active suspension systems way back in the late 80's. The cars just got too fast, so for safety, it was banned in '93. That's probably why so many people don't hear about it or see it anymore. It doesn't mean it doesn't work. Far from it.

I just like riding low and then raising the car up for a steep driveway or something. That's just awesome to me.

There is also a company in Japan making a small air cylinder that fits on a coilover and can raise the car when needed. It's mostly your $100,000+ exotics that use it though. Roberuta Cup.

OK, now I'm getting off topic, back to the camaro.

Last edited by JasonWW; 11-23-2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

While I respect cars and people who put hard work into their projects... I think the problem is you have a lot of Camaros and Firebirds on this Forum, which were two of the handful of American muscle cars that shaped the automotive industry. When you see a car thats supposed to be a "muscle car" dropped to the ground with huge *** rims it sorta detracts from the stereotypical F-body. I do love the color, front end, and rims.

Modifying cars is a form of self expression and doesn't deserve any disrespect. Good luck man, keep it clean and fast. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

To be honest, when the car is ride height or slightly lowered it looks great, i just dont like it slammed all the way down like that.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i like it! its something different, not every camaro owner has the same idea in mind, keep it up and keep us posted, as long as the car you drive makes you happy who gives a f what anyone says
Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by transambandit
To be honest, when the car is ride height or slightly lowered it looks great, i just dont like it slammed all the way down like that.
It's kind of freaky looking, huh?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:35 AM
12 Second Club

I guess it's only cool when people slam 1st and 2nd gens in the weeds with 18's and 20's do they swoon over how badass it is. Do it to a 4th gen and it's a POS and rice. All the closed minded people on here crack me up. If you don't like it, don't look and move on. I think it's gonna be badass once you're done. I got a ton of crap when I asked about air ride suspension and how terrible it would handle and why would you want it that low, blah, blah, blah. I love how people hate on your wheels too. Obviously they know nothing about high end billet wheels!

Quick Reply: Project "ObseSSed"