Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Does anybody know about custom rear seat deletes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know about custom rear seat deletes?

Hey everybody, Jesse here wondering about anywhere to order customs rear seat deletes? I know Speed Specialty was but they're inactive now I believe. If anybody knows anything please get back to me, thanks!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

you could try ws6store. com .. they might have it. afterthoughts or whatever it is might have it too.. otherwise not sure
Old 09-28-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whats the point? If you taking the seats out to save weight why put something back in there place.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by texinteg
Whats the point? If you taking the seats out to save weight why put something back in there place.
I'm pretty sure he asked for a link to buy a rear seat delete, and not your opinion on them. If your not going to help, then don't troll the threads.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
I'm pretty sure he asked for a link to buy a rear seat delete, and not your opinion on them. If your not going to help, then don't troll the threads.
Thank You!

Yes WS6Store.com does have them and they are a great company to deal with but why not try to build your own? It could really help you create something that's custom and fits you better.

Here's what I created for myself. I know it's not for everyone but it should help give you an idea of what you can do.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wasnt giving him my opinion. I was just asking why people do this? I really would like to know an answer.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texinteg
I wasnt giving him my opinion. I was just asking why people do this? I really would like to know an answer.
People do this because the car looks stupid without back seats in there and when the seats and seatbelts are removed, you can still put something good in there and still be saving weight. Not everyone (myself included) cares about weight.

I have started to make these like my kit here for some of the local Austin folks. I built this one myself and am offering it in various types of material covers. Mine is suede, but I do carpet and leather too. In my opinion, its one of the better fitting ones without sacrificing too much of the cars overall appearance interior wise.

Keep in mind I just make the bottom portion that goes across the bottom. The back piece and amp rack, etc are all just for my car.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
Thank You!

Yes WS6Store.com does have them and they are a great company to deal with but why not try to build your own? It could really help you create something that's custom and fits you better.
Where, not finding it on their website?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Launching!

I just left the buckets (bottoms) in my car. looks fine to me and people can still sit back there but no seatbelts.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trent
People do this because the car looks stupid without back seats in there and when the seats and seatbelts are removed, you can still put something good in there and still be saving weight. Not everyone (myself included) cares about weight.

I have started to make these like my kit here for some of the local Austin folks. I built this one myself and am offering it in various types of material covers. Mine is suede, but I do carpet and leather too. In my opinion, its one of the better fitting ones without sacrificing too much of the cars overall appearance interior wise.

Keep in mind I just make the bottom portion that goes across the bottom. The back piece and amp rack, etc are all just for my car.

nice job
Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Trent, how much you making those for? I'll be in the Austin area visiting relatives soon.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

cant find on ws6 store either.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Resident

I didnt find it on ws6store either..... I'm sure they can get it though... bunch of great guys down there.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conde'strans
Hey Trent, how much you making those for? I'll be in the Austin area visiting relatives soon.
PM me if you are really interested. I don't want to cross the line here on the forums and advertise anything. If you really want one, PM me and I can talk to you about it.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know about custom rear seat deletes?