Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Your Hood Pictures Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My WS9 hood from US Exotics. It's unpainted though till I have the money to get it done.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

so is there a cowl induction hood? or not? i went to the VFN website and there is nothing there, suncoast has nothing for me...anybody?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I believe it's only available for the LT1
Old 10-07-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
My WS9 hood from US Exotics. It's unpainted though till I have the money to get it done.

Sorry but dumb question, is there any difference between the WS6 hood and the WS9 hood?

Did it fit pretty well for you? How much did it cost?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Angry I know it's blasphemy, but my VFN hood sucks

You'll hear a lot of people here say that the only company to deal with for an aftermarket fiberglass hood is VFN. You'll even see VFN appreciation threads (propaganda i think), but i just had my WS6 bolt on installed (on the car for over 2 months in the Memphis heat, so yeah it's "cured") and painted and im very dissapointed. I am well aware that fiberglass will require some work, but this hood still looks bad. I.E. gap between hood and headlights is about a 1/2 to get the back corners to line gap evenly. Passenger front by the headlight sticks about 1/4 ABOVE the headlight. (Yes i adjusted the rubber stop) Passenger rear is adjusted all the way up and is still 1/4 below the fender. The lines that go around the vent holes are only on one side. The whole hood looks like its to small.
Took a lot of sanding to get "wrinkles" out. Drivers side all along the the edge was wrinkled. Creases, almost looked like it was about to crack, above where the vents go, on top of the hood. Raised "RAM AIR" writing imprinted into the hood itself, not good if you don't plan on having any writing. MORE SANDING.

Before anyone tells me to contact VFN, it states in the paperwork that comes with the hood that once the hood is mounted, no more liability for defects.

This was my first time buying any aftermarket fiberglass body panels. I have learned my lesson.

For sale - Brand new just painted NBM VFN bolt on WS6 hood; *fits GREAT!!!*
WTB - OEM NBM WS6 Hood

*This opinion is not my own. Based on public opinion.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I LOVE the firehawk hood.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

The WS9 has the heat extractors like the Firehawk where as the WS6 does not. As far as the fit...you couldnt ask for anything better. Roger the owner of US Exotics spent an hour adjusting the hood for us when we picked up the hood from his shop. All aftermarket hoods of course as you know take some time to fit right but the VFN ones seem to not fit no matter how much time is spent adjusting.

Having said that I will agree with Sneaky7980 that the VFN ones are suffering as of late. I have seen first hand of what exactly he is talking about on another car. It seems the curves are not the same and do not flow. Like near the headlights the hood does not follow the "arch" the same as the fender. Also there were many fibers showing and the painter had to do alot of work to get the fibers not to show. The painter who also is my painter had told me about it when I dropped my car off to get the bumper painted after a minor accident. He said it was the worst quality he's ever seen.

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 10-07-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
The WS9 has the heat extractors like the Firehawk where as the WS6 does not. As far as the fit...you couldnt ask for anything better. Roger the owner of US Exotics spent an hour adjusting the hood for us when we picked up the hood from his shop. All aftermarket hoods of course as you know take some time to fit right but the VFN ones seem to not fit no matter how much time is spent adjusting.

Having said that I will agree with Sneaky7980 that the VFN ones are suffering as of late. I have seen first hand of what exactly he is talking about on another car. It seems the curves are not the same and do not flow. Like near the headlights the hood does not follow the "arch" the same as the fender. Also there were many fibers showing and the painter had to do alot of work to get the fibers not to show. The painter who also is my painter had told me about it when I dropped my car off to get the bumper painted after a minor accident. He said it was the worst quality he's ever seen.
WS9 from usexotics great fit. Mine will be painted next week.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Launching!

I have the 4"ws6 cowl from VFN, love it , turns heads and its LIGHT, i had to wait 6 weeks to paint and you have to sand down the corners, besides that it is bolt on.
here is a video 360 on my car, plus from the drivers seat

http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=3304
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Trent
I guess I am the only one that doesn't really like the WS6 hood all that much. Sure it looks ok, but I prefer the way the Raptor, Firehawk, SLP, or Superhawk hoods, integrate the hood ports into the lower part of the bumper instead of just stacking them on top of each other like the WS6 does.

Heres is my Raptor hood.

Now thats a hood!
All these threads about hoods........this is the one to have.
Minus strip for my car
Old 10-08-2007, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Its nice, but it doesnt look as agressive as the cowl, i was torn between the ws9, ws6 4"cowl and the hood with the cuts in the end and i decided cowl looked sweeter, all preferance
Old 10-08-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tasilver
WS9 from usexotics great fit. Mine will be painted next week.
Does anyone have a close up picture of the extractor vents? I wanna see them from different angles. All these hoods look great though!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Default Here's my Superhawk

I love my superhawk by US exotics and the fitment was great!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help you guys. I am still trying to figure all this stuff out. Is VFN a type of matierial or a manufactuer?

What is the difference between the WS9 and the WS9 Outlaw hood?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

i hate it when the hood is stacked (looks like 4 tunnels) Jeremiahs hood is the coolest iv seen to date
Old 10-08-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Trans Am Kid
Thanks for all the help you guys. I am still trying to figure all this stuff out. Is VFN a type of matierial or a manufactuer?

What is the difference between the WS9 and the WS9 Outlaw hood?
VFN is a manufacturer that is also a sponsor.

The difference between ws9 and ws9 outlaw is the height. You don't need anything too tall. Its not cool for a street car and depending on your height it could also block a lot of your vision.

Firehawk hoods are also smc along with the factory ws6 hood which is stronger and it fits better. They cost more for a reason.

I'm very happy with my firehawk hood and it might be beneficial if you could see some of these hoods in person. The guy that bought my totaled third gen had a navy blue hawk and I knew that was the hood to have.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

SLP HO hood

Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice!!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
VFN is a manufacturer that is also a sponsor.

The difference between ws9 and ws9 outlaw is the height. You don't need anything too tall. Its not cool for a street car and depending on your height it could also block a lot of your vision.

Firehawk hoods are also smc along with the factory ws6 hood which is stronger and it fits better. They cost more for a reason.

I'm very happy with my firehawk hood and it might be beneficial if you could see some of these hoods in person. The guy that bought my totaled third gen had a navy blue hawk and I knew that was the hood to have.
Is the Outlaw hood the taller of the two?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

More SLP HO. (Just so you can see it without a body kit and those (ugly IMO, sorry) headlights)

Quick Reply: Your Hood Pictures Please