Old 11-18-2007, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome work man you and your girl.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batman08
There are like 4 pages of directions that come with it, believe it is fairly easy to use and catch on real quick you will get into and enjoy what your doing not just your car but others to your can see the results I can give you the procedure also if you want.

Well sure, that would be great. Im not a complete newb when it comes to detailing, im just a newb when it comes to using the PC, all the pads and what not seem to make a few things a lil bit more complicated. I know what im doing when it comes to hands on stuff tho.

From what i understand this is the basics of detaling, please correct me if im wrong.

1.Wash the car down with soap, either with dish soap to remove old wax
2.Clay bar
3.Swirl Remover
4.Sealent
5.Wax
6.A quick detailer OR a coat or two of Carnuba to give it a final shine.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Striker
Well sure, that would be great. Im not a complete newb when it comes to detailing, im just a newb when it comes to using the PC, all the pads and what not seem to make a few things a lil bit more complicated. I know what im doing when it comes to hands on stuff tho.

From what i understand this is the basics of detaling, please correct me if im wrong.

2.Clay bar
3.Swirl Remover
4.Sealent
5.Wax
You have to be careful using the term "wax" because it can mean either a synthetic wax (aka "sealant") and a carnuba wax. So your steps 5 & 6 are basically the same thing.

You can do either a synthetic sealant or a carnuba wax. Both are protecting layers. Synthetics are said to last longer but offers a more harsher/plasticky shine. Carubas only last a few weeks but give a more warm/rich shine. Frankly, I can't tell the difference in shine, though I do notice the synthetics bead water for a lot longer than carnubas.

If you want to go hard core, you can do both a synthetic and carnuba wax, thereby getting the best of both worlds. If you do, put down the synthetic first and do the carnuba second.

When adding multiple layers of wax (whether it be two layers of syn, or two of carnuba, or a caruba over a syn.), give each coat 12-24 hours to completely harden. Otherwise, you run the risk of having the second coat dissolve the first coat and you're no better off.

No need to use a detailer spray as part of the regular process. Instead, use it to dissolve wax (syn. or caruba) that you left on too long and can't buff off. Or use it between regular waxings--on a clean car--to maintain the shine.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

car looks great
where can I get this kit ??
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ELMiN8oR
car looks great
where can I get this kit ??
go to tropi care .com or ask steve the sponsor on here he will help you. Thanks for the compliments.

Last edited by batman08; 11-19-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Striker

2.Clay bar
3.Swirl Remover
4.Sealent
5.Wax
These are my steps exactly. The kit came with car wash so I used that but here we go.
1.wash car with the soap in the kit
2. claybar
3.PC, Orange pad, and swirl cutter
4. hand application on hard to reach place with microfiber applicator and swirl cutter
5.detail spray (to get off any left over swirl cutter)
6. PC, Blue pad, sealant/wax
7. hand application
8. Detail spray again.
9. windows with their weave towel for windows(buy separate but definitely worth it.)
10. wheels with mothers mag and aluminum polish,(I did by hand would be better with power ball)
11. Interior sweep wipe down etc.
12. make sure everything is good use detail spray on anything needed
Those were my steps the PC is very easy to use and does nice work I used setting 5 for the swirl and 4 for the sealant. hope that helps

Quick Reply: Used TROPI CARE FINALLY!!