Old 01-27-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time for 6litereater to chime in......
Old 01-31-2008, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
how do they fit compared to stock? i know my halos dont fit worth a ****!
I kept the bracket that they came with on and only added the spacers to push the bottom end out. They fight very very snug but nicely....are a PITA to get in though while trying to be careful and not scratch the car.

So for some reason (Nathan is being very helpful in helping me with solutions) the H3 kit isn't getting power or something to the bulbs. When I run them directly to the battery, they light up nicely but when I go through the stock connector and headlight switch, nothing but brights and halo's. However, I put the stock bulbs back in and all works fine...except the passenger side low beam halo is very very dim. (see pics in original post)
Old 01-31-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the last two pics, it looks like your headlights are fogging up...?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That sucks that the lights are fogging up. Considering how much they run for. You are going to have to reseal them. As far as the HID goes, it seems as though the ballast is not getting enough power or the ballast is bad. Did you try swapping the ballasts from the non working side to the working side to see if it is bad. Same goes for the bulb. Try swapping them from the non working side to the working side. This might help you rule out if the ballast or bulb is bad. Sometimes the stock wiring can not provide enough power. I myself run a relay harness that powers the ballasts from the battery. You may want to consider getting one.

Mike
Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You got a ground issue perhaps?
Old 02-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camaro_five0
in the last two pics, it looks like your headlights are fogging up...?
yes, they are. It was a humid night when I got finished installing them, took them for a quick drive around the block to see how well they worked and if the angle was too high/low. I get back in the garage and see all that f'n fog!

Originally Posted by The Guz
That sucks that the lights are fogging up. Considering how much they run for. You are going to have to reseal them. As far as the HID goes, it seems as though the ballast is not getting enough power or the ballast is bad. Did you try swapping the ballasts from the non working side to the working side to see if it is bad. Same goes for the bulb. Try swapping them from the non working side to the working side. This might help you rule out if the ballast or bulb is bad. Sometimes the stock wiring can not provide enough power. I myself run a relay harness that powers the ballasts from the battery. You may want to consider getting one.

Mike
If I have to reseal them, I'll just send them back for a refund because it's just becoming more than what it's worth really. The craftsmanship on these headlights is well below par. I figured for $230, they'd be halfway decent.

I did try, when troubleshooting, swapping ballasts/bulbs into every combo I could think of. I kept getting same results, nothing from the bulb. Nathan mentioned the same thing of putting in a relay. I may hold off on that for now until I find a better and higher quality headlight/halo assembly.

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
You got a ground issue perhaps?
Hmm, I'll go back and double check but wouldn't both halo's be dim since they run off the same ground?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ShisHKbob
Hmm, I'll go back and double check but wouldn't both halo's be dim since they run off the same ground?
Not necessarily. The main ground could be good but the connection to the main ground from the non-working one could be shot. I'm just trying to think of reasons why the HID doesn't work either while the halogen does.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Let me know if you keep them. I will recommend a wiring harness that is afforadable and that works great. I have one in my camaro and another in my grand prix. PM me and I will send you the link.

Mike
Old 02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Not necessarily. The main ground could be good but the connection to the main ground from the non-working one could be shot. I'm just trying to think of reasons why the HID doesn't work either while the halogen does.
Hrmmm....I hate electrical issues. lol
I'll take a look at them.

Originally Posted by The Guz
Let me know if you keep them. I will recommend a wiring harness that is afforadable and that works great. I have one in my camaro and another in my grand prix. PM me and I will send you the link.

Mike
Definately will do if I keep them, thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Sending both headlight assemblies back to the company for them to replace them due to non working halo and moisture getting inside. They supplied me with a prepaid UPS postage sheet, so they're covering the full shipping cost which is cool with me. So, I'll wait till i get the next set adn see if they're 100%.

stay tuned...
Old 02-06-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

they will tell you that they are currently out of stock of them and will have some in about 3 weeks, they will refund you your money and tell you to reorder in 3 weeks, but in reality they are bullshiting and have them in stock, they dont want to deal with you anymore....beleive me i was there already
Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my eagle eyes version 2 fog up too. driver side projector has a very lame cutoff while the passenger side looks good. my corners from the same auction fog up and i tried sealing them up before i installed them but no help.
broke one of the tabs already too.

bought a bad hid kit too.
shitty deal but i'm going to try to live with rather than risking to lose more money.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by reject
they will tell you that they are currently out of stock of them and will have some in about 3 weeks, they will refund you your money and tell you to reorder in 3 weeks, but in reality they are bullshiting and have them in stock, they dont want to deal with you anymore....beleive me i was there already
orly??!
Doesn't make much sense to me...did they charge you the 20% restocking fee or whatnot?

Damn....wondering if I should start looking for something else now

Originally Posted by caliswangin916
my eagle eyes version 2 fog up too. driver side projector has a very lame cutoff while the passenger side looks good. my corners from the same auction fog up and i tried sealing them up before i installed them but no help.
broke one of the tabs already too.

bought a bad hid kit too.
shitty deal but i'm going to try to live with rather than risking to lose more money.
ouch, that sucks man!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

So what happened on this deal? Very interested...
Old 03-24-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

I've got the same headlights... got them for free though lol... ordered 1 set they sent me 2. Sold the other set on here. But overall I'm happy with them they are bright as all hell much brighter then the stock headlights on my car, but I think mine are positioned a little higher up. Havn't had anyone complain to me about it yet. My halo's are very bright all the time, they take a bit to warm up mind you and break it in seemed in the beginning. I'm happy with them though. I wired mine to the DRL's and cut the power to the amber lights... all my amber lights do now is turn signal lighting.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

wow first time i actually like them...your car really pulls them off
Old 03-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jmilz28
So what happened on this deal? Very interested...
I've been sitting on my hands with this process. I did send them back and to my surprise, they were very quick in shipping another set out to me. I haven't even opened the box yet, been debating on selling them and the hid kit...haven't made up my mind for sure.

In the meantime, I've been very happy with the sylvania bulbs for stock headlights.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

i have these lights disassembled in my room right now.. they are horrible craftsmanship. horrribllle.. I have yamaha R1 headlights with the projectors i am going to fab into these for a real cut off. but you know what? I probly wont even use them. the projector lense isnt like this: ) its like > really pointy, not correct, they are sposed to be rounded.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ShisHKbob
I've been sitting on my hands with this process. I did send them back and to my surprise, they were very quick in shipping another set out to me. I haven't even opened the box yet, been debating on selling them and the hid kit...haven't made up my mind for sure.

In the meantime, I've been very happy with the sylvania bulbs for stock headlights.
If you're gonna sell em, how much you want for them
Old 03-25-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

That looks nice, i wanna do this also. Anything that separate's my car from everyone else's around here. Did you finally change the color?? or plan too.

Quick Reply: Jumped on the Bandwagon - Bought the halo/proj. headlights