Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

That looks great.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
I'll work on a vid this weekend. I totally forgot to take some high beam pics while I had the car out of the garage.

I've toyed with the idea of making these for other people but I would need to spend more time, make another mold that can withstand multiple formings and see if there is really a market for it. I believe there is a market but I am not sure how big. This was pricey to do and most guys would prob rather go faster, stop, and corner better than improve the lighting for the cost.

I will have to work up something for the LS1 guys as well to see if I can put something together than would a total drop-in system.

-Brian

yeah but when your happy with your car and the only thing lacking is the lighting then you have customers...I have a ton of other stuff i could do but i want better lights...cant seem to find any decent ones and im not that great at creating stuff like you are..check around the other boards..there is a demand for these...when you start selling let us know
Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

I would Def. buy from you if you made it to where you just drop in the H4 Bulb of your choice and then just mount up! I want to do an HID setup on my 95, but the kits that are out there are few and far between and most are for the '98-'02 birds!
Plus, I freakin Love the beam pattern for both low and high, and there seems to be no glare and a Perfect cutoff!

Let us know, cause I will paypal you when you are ready, even if it is just a couple of custom orders, kinda like Jaison over at Third Shift!

-Justin
Old 04-12-2008, 07:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TooFastT/A
I would Def. buy from you if you made it to where you just drop in the H4 Bulb of your choice and then just mount up! I want to do an HID setup on my 95, but the kits that are out there are few and far between and most are for the '98-'02 birds!
Plus, I freakin Love the beam pattern for both low and high, and there seems to be no glare and a Perfect cutoff!

Let us know, cause I will paypal you when you are ready, even if it is just a couple of custom orders, kinda like Jaison over at Third Shift!

-Justin
Justin,

Life has been getting in the way recently (just got married, house hunting, etc) but I will get back on this project shortly. The setup I put together uses all OEM equipment (obviously not GM equipment) including the HID D2S Philips lamps and gen3 hella ballasts. A much cheaper solution could be to use a cheap HID kit but that uses this lamp design. However the tricky part will be the high beam wiring to work the solenoid on the projector itself. I could possibly make this an option. Give me a little more time.

-Brian
Old 04-12-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
Justin,

Life has been getting in the way recently (just got married, house hunting, etc) but I will get back on this project shortly. The setup I put together uses all OEM equipment (obviously not GM equipment) including the HID D2S Philips lamps and gen3 hella ballasts. A much cheaper solution could be to use a cheap HID kit but that uses this lamp design. However the tricky part will be the high beam wiring to work the solenoid on the projector itself. I could possibly make this an option. Give me a little more time.

-Brian
Brian, dude I totally understand about the whole marriage and house thing! It can pretty much consume your whole time, I went through all that a few years back! whenever you are ready, though I am considering getting a Kaixen 6000K kit and use my Conversion housing that I got from EuroLights until I decide to try your write up or you have more time to make a couple and sell them!
I'm crafty, but not that crafty, and knowing my luck, I'll prob end up screwing something up!

But whenever you get the time, I'm sure I am not the only one that would love to have you make it up!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TooFastT/A
Brian, dude I totally understand about the whole marriage and house thing! It can pretty much consume your whole time, I went through all that a few years back! whenever you are ready, though I am considering getting a Kaixen 6000K kit and use my Conversion housing that I got from EuroLights until I decide to try your write up or you have more time to make a couple and sell them!
I'm crafty, but not that crafty, and knowing my luck, I'll prob end up screwing something up!

But whenever you get the time, I'm sure I am not the only one that would love to have you make it up!
My old setup used a Kaixen bi-xenon H4 kit with hella free-form housings from rallylights.com . It was a very good setup for what it was and produced decent patterns. I actually just sold my old setup to someone on the forum not too long ago. It will def. work better than what you have now but the only thing difficult about my new projector setup is the bubble lense that I thermoformed. From there, everything is very straightforward and simple. I'll keep everyone informed on what I come up with as far as a kit to sell.

-Brian
Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,
I think you finally convinced me to go to the next level like you did on your kit. Hurry up with a drop-in kit and then sell it to your WS6 brother
Old 04-22-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96silverram
Brian,
I think you finally convinced me to go to the next level like you did on your kit. Hurry up with a drop-in kit and then sell it to your WS6 brother
If I was to think of at least one buyer for the kit it would def. be you. The molds are being perfected as we speak and I should have some formed product shortly.

-brian
Old 04-26-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

nice work! You should really make some of these to sell! I think there are plenty of members on the board who would love to have projector HID's! If I can find a nice f-body with low miles before summer, I'll DEFINATELY hit you up! Keep it up!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Also, can this be done to the 98-02 Firebirds?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ramdaspadhye
Also, can this be done to the 98-02 Firebirds?
The lens (which I'm working on), will be just about the same, but another projector will prob be a better choice since the FX I used is a bi-xenon unit. The FX is a little bit long for the 98-02 cars so choosing a small low beam projector should fit a little better. There is a retrofit using this projector for the 98-02 cars in the hall of fame so check out that install. He only seemed to cut the bucket a little bit to make room for the FX projector.

If you only wanted to retrofit the low beam lamps only, you could find a small HID projector to do the job. There is a local donor car looking for me to work this out so he is being a guinea pig for me.

-Brian
Old 04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Keep me posted. Shoot me a PM when you get started!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Very interested as well Brian. Update us when you can!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Resident

very interested too w/ the plexi cover.

I'd like to buy this in the future when you come out w/ it for lt1.

I have no working oven.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Just found this post. Excellent job. Any update on this?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Blackbird: Thanks for the write up. I should be done with mine in a couple days!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by MOE_TAWS6
Blackbird: Thanks for the write up. I should be done with mine in a couple days!
Please start a thread on it and it may end up in the Lighting FAQ.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

I will once its all done. Just for the record, it's a good bit of work. Patience is a must! Because error will occur. lol
Old 02-17-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good work man. I hate you!

I'm trying to make a cover for my LT1 Camaro with my projector retro. What a pain in the ***! Using lexan as well. I just have to get the hole made. I'll dig out some holesaws tomorrow and make a new plate to drill a hole in. Tried to dremel one to no success due to it being to small. Trying to use the supplied shrouds but may have to go another way. Made my own mounting rig to hold it to the factory headlight area. the plate will just be decorative and hide the empty lowbeam socket.

Quick Reply: 93-97 Firebird Bi-Xenon FX Projector Retro-fit ***UPDATED W/ WRITE-UP***